Post Match Leicester 2 Chelsea 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard says they were beaten by a better team. Leicester are on form and can beat anyone (also says their own performance was not good enough, not just blaming it on us being better)

Up until recently I'd laugh at anyone suggesting Ndidi gets close to Kante

But since return to full fitness he's been outstanding. But I think it's also partly that I didn't realise how much he adds to the team until he was back in it.

I think Wilf is now ahead of Kante.

Whether he's better than Kante was in THAT season, I still think its hard to say. But I will say that the Wilf of 2020/21 is better than the current Kante
Just like the club itself our squad is full of underdogs who eventually made it through sheer perseverance, and we've again shocked the world with our spotting of fofana. I love this club.

We are an exceptional side. We have the best defensive group, the best midfield pair, one of the best keepers and a young forward line led by the craftiest forward ever to wear a city shirt!
Believe it people...

Wilf has turned into our most important player.

He's absolutely fantastic.

Give him a 10 year contract for the love of Bobby Davro

Up until recently I'd laugh at anyone suggesting Ndidi gets close to Kante

But since return to full fitness he's been outstanding. But I think it's also partly that I didn't realise how much he adds to the team until he was back in it.

I think Wilf is now ahead of Kante.

Whether he's better than Kante was in THAT season, I still think its hard to say. But I will say that the Wilf of 2020/21 is better than the current Kante
Ndidi's development this season has been great. He has always been good winning the ball back, but he didn't use the ball well at all, no he has the confidence to turn, hold the ball under pressure and pick a pass. he is becoming a much more complete player.

Ndidi now vs Kante Now - No Contest, Ndidi by a long way.
Ndidi now vs Kante for us - Close, but think I would still have Ndidi.

Ted Bodgers strikes again!

Gone by Christmas...... first manager to be sacked..... Will have us in the relegation zone....

Nah mate, top of the ****ing league!!

Have they improved since last season? They looked fairly shite when i watched them in the play offs. Not seen them this year.

They are bang on form at the minute results-wise. But they are sitting outside of the playoffs so it's possible they won't be at all focused on the FA cup.

:cool:

It’s on. It’s on like Donkey Kong. On like Fat Pat’s thong.

'I am hungry'​

FT: Leicester 2-0 Chelsea
89ef3434-e520-4f5e-a8f5-709a030cbb63.jpg

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard speaking to Sky Sports: "Beaten by the better team. They were sharper than us, ran more than us and they looked in form - we looked out of form. Disappointing goal from a set piece and the second goal is just not good enough. Have you got any donuts?

"There were quite a lot of moments where our sharpness wasn't there, those are moments you have to dig in and the basics are important like running and sprinting and we didn't do that.

"The most disappointing thing is to come here and lose the game but the basics off the ball are important. The game on the ball was a bit slow at times but it was okay, we created a few opportunities and I thought it was a penalty but I'm not going to lean on those things. We weren't good enough. Is there a Krispy Kreme place round here?

"We won against Fulham without playing brilliant, from that we come and lose a game so it's a small step backwards.

"I am worried about the slump - from the form we were in to get so quickly into the form we're now in and we've had some wins but five losses in eight isn't where we want to be. It takes character to get out of that - I'm not against the lads in the dressing room because they're disappointed. It's a young team and it's a big lesson that if you come off it and think you're fine then you've got to get yourself out of the hole. I'd take one with or without a hole to be honest. Jam even?"

I've been very hesitant to come right out & say it but i will now.

He's better than Kante.

Kante's impact was more immediate but Wilf has grown into a masterful player more slowly. We need him nailed down to the most eye watering contract with the most ludicrous minimum sale figure imaginable ASAP.

Still only 24. Nowhere near his best potentially.

Get it done.
I said Wilf is now better than Kante a few weeks ago and people on here laughed. Well they're not laughing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669