Post Match Leicester 2 Chelsea 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was always great at crossing for Villa. But for us at the mo when he sets himself for a through ball it's feckin exciting. Our second today....he played the ball and even though tv doesn't give you enough view of the pitch you know a genuine chance is coming

The only downside was the completely partisan commentary and Sky flogging our players after the match. The level of disrespect for us is pretty special.

Who was it on here who was slagging Albrighton off a few weeks ago. Pretty much said that he should be nowhere near the team as he was rubbish.

I've always rated Albrighton, even in his Villa days. Best bit of business Paul Lambert ever did.

Phil McNulty on the BBC:

"They are also a monument to smart recruitment, especially when we witnessed their £50m summer sale Ben Chilwell struggling so badly for their hapless opponents Chelsea on Tuesday.

James Justin plays like an upgrade in Chilwell's place..."

Really important ‘confidence building’ win that one.

Not for the squad ( I’m sure Brenda was happy getting one over Chelsea finally)

No purely for my confidence.

I actually thought that was a game we could lose. We never looked like losing, long may it continue. Loved Maddison’s interview.

It will all be about how bad Chelsea are
That's certainly not what they're saying on the radio this morning. And I've only heard one mention of the fact that three clubs can overtake us with their games in hand.

I heard that too. It's not right. We had 39 points after 19 matches in 15/16.
Oh ****. Does that mean I have to go back and remove my like from paradox's post?

Of last night, all have probably said. A great game and a brilliant result.

Leicester (should have been) 3 - Chelsea 0

For me, Fofana was immense. Not only what he did do but what he didn't. He was very controlled, very tidy. A mature performance and he's obviously taken stuff on board. He's learning and the future is truly exciting. He made several timely interventions; a foot in, a saving tackle, a vital head... just brilliant, I cannot sing praises enough.

Madders said it; a team effort. Every one of them worked hard, particularly defensively. We had a game plan and exercised it to perfection. We maintained shape (most of the time anyway!) and trusted the plan, defended as a team and waited for our opportunities. Kudos to Rodgers and the team.

I want to mention Vardy. He's off-pace, maybe carrying that injury, and was not his usual self up front... BUT he typified the team effort by being that cliched defensive first line; he ran, be blocked passing angles. Time and again, he forced Chelsea to pass back (well, not Chilwell, he always passes back ;) ) A real selfless team performance.

But of Chelsea, what of them? They really have problems. They have good players but they are clearly not very good together. What are they doing on the training ground? Is Lampard chopping and changing too much to establish a rhythm and consistency? They were bitching at each other, clearly frustrated and out-of-sorts. (no, Mount's mouthing whining and face pulling ISN'T desire, dear commentators, it's petulance!) It'll not surprise me if Lampard is sacked today - that's a team in disorder and he clearly doesn't know what to do with it or about it.

Last edited:
Oh, and can someone please ask Mount to shave off that ridiculous bum-fluff goatie/'beard' attempt (whatever the **** it is) It's just ridiculous.

The most praise I can give that that performance I think is summed up by the word ‘comfortable.’

popillius popillius will like this, from the Guardian comments section....

Chilwell is a genius. Jog around, play with hair, give ball to midfielder, jog forward, jog back. Lose match, doesn’t matter, say hello to old mates, get in sheds and get dry. Check Instagram. This guy was 50m? 50m?! I couldn’t believe how bad he was, what does he do? Like I said that’s his genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566