Post Match Leicester 2 Coventry 1

If we’re playing it out from the back so much though he fits the system just fine.

He was fine in possession, especially in the first half, he’s just incredibly slow when we get hit on the break - and in this system that will happen a lot

He was better than Faes, but I’m afraid he’s this season’s pantomime villain

Some good performances by many but I was hugely impressed by Stephy Mavididi. Proper old fashioned wing play which was really exciting to watch. Reminded me of Lenny Glover. Looking forward to watching him more.

I don’t despise him. I just don’t think he’s good enough and has shown no desire to restart his career elsewhere (entirely his prerogative).
I also don't despise him, he's just not very good at defending, he reminds me of bambi on ice, I'm sure when Coady is fit he will take Vestergards place

Some good performances by many but I was hugely impressed by Stephy Mavididi. Proper old fashioned wing play which was really exciting to watch. Reminded me of Lenny Glover. Looking forward to watching him more.

I thought all the ingredients were there, but it was obvious he hadn't had the full pre-season with the team. On two or three occasions he stopped to receive the ball, when the player in possession was clearly expecting him to run down the line.

Hermansen

Harwood-Bellis
Coady
Doyle

Pereira
Winks

Rak-Sakyi
Dewsbury-Hall
Casadei
Mavididi

Iheancho

I thought it was a good game. The philosophy was obvious and in the first half we slowed the ball down to bring Coventry onto us, only to unlock it all with a good pass out to Winks who then had options moving forwards on both wings and through the middle.

I thought that was exciting to watch, but at this level and with our squad, we're going to make mistakes doing it and at some point we'll concede goals as a result - we'll just have to live with it.

KDH ran at their defence a few times, which seemed to scare them. Obviously both goals very well taken and hopefully, we're looking at the next Andy King.

In the second half, Robins had obviously told them not to give us the time on the ball in defence and exploited our high line. We're unlikely to be as lucky with such poor finishing on many occasions this season, so the defence needs to be sorted (it does occur to me that we may not be naming Cody as club captain because they're worried he may be out for the season).

I'm more positive about our season having seen the players with a clear plan and understanding of what they should be doing, so hopefully we can build some momentum and make a good promotion push.

If you were wondering what the Cov twats were singing about went they went in front, this was over one of the bridges on the M69 this morning View attachment 17904
Apparently a couple of their lot were arrested for for making reference to Vichai’s helicopter crash

****ing hell, I hope he becomes better than that
Stupid comment.

King2.jpg

He was fine in possession, especially in the first half, he’s just incredibly slow when we get hit on the break - and in this system that will happen a lot

He was better than Faes, but I’m afraid he’s this season’s pantomime villain

I don't agree here. I think Faes was better, and I'd have more patience with Faes at the minute.

Faes had a couple of panicky moments, as he did a lot last season, but I thought generally did okay. He also looked decent for a few games when he first joined, before becoming as shit as the rest of them. If he can gain a bit of confidence in a winning team, then a year in the Championship COULD see him become a decent defender.

Vestergaard on the other hand has been shit since day one for us, but also his limitations are his pace and positioning which he's not going to improve on. He also hasn't ever come across as someone willing to fight for his place or care about the club - his moves he's turned down are because they don't work for him (he's entitled to that, of course).

I think Faes was the better of the two yesterday, but also has more room to improve and cut the issues out of his game. I can't see Vestergaard ever suiting the way we play.

Although let's be honest, they're both pretty shit and ideally neither one would be playing.

Stupid comment.

King2.jpg
Disagree

He was a fairly average player who just happened to be here for most of his career.

The fact he never left tells you about his actual level as a player. KDH should become a much better player with time.

Nobody outside of Leicester knows who Andy King is.

Disagree

He was a fairly average player who just happened to be here for most of his career.

The fact he never left tells you about his actual level as a player. KDH should become a much better player with time.

Nobody outside of Leicester knows who Andy King is.

I didn't think I'd need more evidence than the guy sitting with 3 league title medals, but if you insist.

Oh, and no one outside of Leicester knows much about Wes Morgan, Danny Simpson, Okazaki, Ulloa etc. If they haven't got 1m+ Instagram followers and go onto play for Man City, they were probably shit :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don’t get the hate towards Vestergaard. He’s a Leicester player and while he’s in the team why don’t we just support him?

He was treated like shit by the club almost from the day we signed him. And for some, that seems to be his fault. Now, seemingly he is being treated correctly by the new management team. And people still hate him. If he want to leave who can blame him? But he doesn’t go out there and not try his best. He certainly didn’t appear to do that against Coventry. Sure, he’s limited but that’s not a reason to despise the guy.

It's a bit like, but not quite, when we signed Ade Akinbiyi. He was shit, and was our biggest signing, at the time. But the fans forgave him, realised it wasn't his fault he was shit. It was Peter-****in-Taylors fault for paying that much for him. Peter-****in-Taylor. Definately edges Rogers in the **** of a manager league.

I didn't think I'd need more evidence than the guy sitting with 3 league title medals, but if you insist.

Oh, and no one outside of Leicester knows much about Wes Morgan, Danny Simpson, Okazaki, Ulloa etc. If they haven't got 1m+ Instagram followers and go onto play for Man City, they were probably shit :rolleyes:

You are welcome to your opinion and I am welcome to mine.

Andy King was an average player and I hope KDH develops into a better one.

I thought there were encouraging signs yesterday, especially in the 1st half. Coventry stepped up the pressure in the 2nd half and we didn't cope well with it, conceding and then looking like conceding more. That said, we hung on, regained composure and started pressing them back. A big difference when Praet and Ihenacho came on, holding it up better. Two very good goals and a comeback win that just wouldn't have happened last 2 seasons. We'll know more about this side and it's capabilities by the end of Sep, when the squad is finalised and EM has had more time working with them.

Vestergaard is great on the ball (which we will have a lot of this season) but we need quicker players around him and I can see Justin coming into the backline. Also, we'll learn to transition better and deal with counter attacks. The back 3/4 were horribly exposed at times.

You are welcome to your opinion and I am welcome to mine.

Andy King was an average player and I hope KDH develops into a better one.

I hope he becomes better than Messi, but that's not likely either ;)

I'm interested to see the role KDH plays this season. I don't particularly rate him, but him popping up in the box as a finisher isn't something we've seen much of so far and he did it twice yesterday.

In the build-up to the second goal, I was just starting to curse him as I felt like he was trying to be Maddison in a lot of that game yesterday - especially the way he was twisting and turning on the edge of the box desperately trying to create space for a shot. But in the end he laid it off and then got himself forward to finish it off nicely. Hopefully see more of that from him, and less of him trying to the fancy stuff to be the new Maddison - because he doesn't have that same technical ability.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563