Leicester 2 Coventry 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, how does this change? How do we make it better?

Take out all the seating behind the kop end goal,
Remove all grannies from said area,
Don't play music when we score, only tune to be played should be post horn gallop prior to the teams coming out,

Issue free song sheets of city songs (if you can't read, hum the tune!)

Or bring back Filbert Street (with a few mods):102:

Well they should've made the new Kop in the North Stand when the ground was opened when the knew the away fans would be in the North East corner.

Personally I do feel that having the away fans so far apart from the 'noisiest' support is part of the problem.

I know the club did a survey a few years back to see if folk would move to the North Stand if they decided to make it the new new Kop but the majority didn't want to move from where they were.

The problem lies with the acoustics. Sitting in the kop I can safely say that the east and west stands are silent all game. Except of course I know this isn't the case, but I can hear feck all from them, and not much from the away fans.

The problem lies with the acoustics. Sitting in the kop I can safely say that the east and west stands are silent all game. Except of course I know this isn't the case, but I can hear feck all from them, and not much from the away fans.

Agreed. Same with me sitting in the east stand, I can never hear the kop all game either. The actual atmosphere the fans make isn't bad, it's just the noise doesn't carry at all in that ground.

I know the club did a survey a few years back to see if folk would move to the North Stand if they decided to make it the new new Kop but the majority didn't want to move from where they were.

Quite right too. You get the flipping sun in your eyes at that end!

The actual atmosphere the fans make isn't bad, it's just the noise doesn't carry at all in that ground.

We need some concave (or is it convex) bits at the end of the existing roof to send the noise back down and around.

It's not more vocal support we want it's a firm of acoustic engineers.

The problem with the acoustics is only if more than one area is louder, if there was more unity then this would not be an issue.
It seems to me there is a great need at the Walkers to swap the kops, have the kids area away from the away fans and our lot next door, however this will obviously require more stewarding, so is unlikely..

Are the acoustics really that bad or are we just quiet?

I sat in the kop when we got promoted from Division One in 2002-2003 at the Walkers and we sounded great that season - as we did in the Premier League the following season.

I think we're just quiet.

If we make the play-offs and then get to Wembley, I think we'll be the opposite. We'll be superb.

Last edited:
I know! Why don't we get some big fat bloke to bang a drum (badly) ....

You can have him. If he bothers that is.
On sunday he had to go down the front cos of the tv cameras, so there he was, with his drum on one of the seats right in front of this woman and some kids. He might have used it three or four times before he fecked off back up the top, leaving the drum there.

now at times I can be a miserable beggar(I know, hard to believe:icon_roll) but I would be bloody pissed off having that drum parked right in front of me(plus when he was stood up the woman was having to lean well into the aisle to see the game) and I would've said summat. If you have to have a bloody drum it should be at the back of the stand.

Personally I don't think we need a drum, or goal music.

Well then it seems clear that Mr Brown is correct. More singing, less excuses please.

And? Sometimes you have to pay a small price:icon_razz

If they moved the Kop to the North Stand I'd consider moving from L1 to N block.

Moving the Kop to the North Stand wouldn't make any difference to the noise. It would however be more likely to increase the number of flash-points between opposing sets of fans - and therefore to increase stewarding costs and police costs. Everybody in the Kop has had the choice to relocate to L1 or N if they wanted to - they didn't want to! Do we have to have this once-a-year discussion?

FWIW I don't think the people in the Kop can be compared with the people in the Kop at Filbert Street. They are more akin to those who stationed themselves in the Double Decker. The type of person who made the noise in the Filbert Street Kop - and remember (whatever we like to think) that did not apply to all of them - now finds himself in L1.

For me the biggest dampener of the sound at the Walkers is that 'curtain' that hangs down from the roof with the action shots of ex-players. At the moment it reflects the noise back to the part of the ground that is making it. Take the 'curtain' away and the noise will get out - but it won't improve the look of the stadium - and there will be sun in the eyes of more people in the North Stand and the north end of the East Stand and for a longer period.

Wayne Brown said:
Coventry were struggling at that time and I feel if only we had been noisier.

What would have happened if we had been noisier? Would this have affected the performance of the players on the pitch?

Wayne Brown said:
Sitting on the bench, we were 2-0 up against one of our local rivals in Coventry it was very, very quiet. When you are on the pitch you don't notice it as much.

So you don't notice it when you're on the pitch. I suppose that answers my questions then.

So what is your point?

I think I read somewhere though that the North Stand has a smaller capacity than the south?

Wouldn't that be because of the existing segregation area that is obviously not present in the South stand?

What would have happened if we had been noisier? Would this have affected the performance of the players on the pitch?

So you don't notice it when you're on the pitch. I suppose that answers my questions then.

So what is your point?

He actually said that they don't notice it as much, not that they don't notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669