Post Match Leicester 2 Crystal Palace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think being mid-table and only reaching 40 points in April is particularly impressive with our resources?

If we can keep this run going and finish 7th and also manage to win the Euro Mickey Mouse cup, it’ll have been an ok season overall. Anything other than that can be marked as a disappointing season.

I’m now in the “get rid at the end of the season” camp, rather than do it now. We need to rebuild the squad in the summer and I don’t trust him to do it. Last summer was a complete disaster in terms of signings, and I still can’t get his Liverpool rebuild out of my head - Borini and Lambert to replace Suarez ffs.

Any suggestions on who we should replace Rodgers with?

Any suggestions on who we should replace Rodgers with?
Oh the classic “but who you would replace him with” question.

It’s not my job to come up with a shortlist of managers. If the club wants to pay me to do that I’ll put the work in and come up with some.

I don't believe that for a second. He's been with us since he was barely out of nappies. How is it possible to grow up in Shepshed and play for LCFC all your life and be a Manchester United fan? Complete cobblers.
Believe what you like, he is best friends with one of our family and is open about his support for ManU and how they are the only team that he would want to move to.

It’s not my job to come up with a shortlist of managers. If the club wants to pay me to do that I’ll put the work in and come up with some.
In my opinion you are a little deluded if you think we can easily upgrade. We could so easily change manager and end up in a much worse position.

For me we've had an acceptable season considering the injuries. Rodgers has also done very well because at one stage the pressure was really starting to mount. Since then he has reinvigorated the team and you can visibly see the huge turnaround in confidence.

Oh the classic "it's not my job to hire them, I only fire them" response.

As if these in some way exist in isolation from one another

Your annual reminder that these are remarkable times to be a City supporter.

Next season will be our ninth successive top flight season which is the third best sequence in our history.

We did twelve in a row between 1957-1969 and ten in a row between 1925-1935.
Spot on - AND WHAT A NINE YEARS !

Leicester City internationally held as ‘The Greatest Sporting Story Ever Told’

Premier League Winners

FA Cup Winners

Charity Shield Winners

Vardy scoring record in PL games in a row

Vardy PL Golden Boot

European Competitions

Top division record 0-9 away win

An away win at Arsenal

The Great Escape

Numerous LC Players represented their nation

New Training Centre

Re-laying the pitch

And - Selling Maguire for £80m

( probably should be in a different thread?)

Oh the classic "it's not my job to hire them, I only fire them" response.

As if these in some way exist in isolation from one another
Someone asked if anyone was BR out and they answered.

You can have an opinion on that without having a master plan in place for his replacement

Starting to have some concerns about Daka
You're late to the party but welcome aboard.

So far, he's a complete and total waste of cash. He's just Ahmed Musa with a different name on his shirt.

I've nearly exhausted my supply of the phrase 'time will tell' when discussing his future.

Someone asked if anyone was BR out and they answered.

You can have an opinion on that without having a master plan in place for his replacement
But it's all very well saying you want Rodgers out but there has to be an obvious upgrade available. Even though City Fan would hate to admit it, Rodgers has had lots of success at Leicester and finding a better manager is highly unlikely (in my opinion). And that is coming from someone who was getting mightily pissed off with him earlier in the season.

For me we've had an acceptable season considering the injuries. Rodgers has also done very well because at one stage the pressure was really starting to mount. Since then he has reinvigorated the team and you can visibly see the huge turnaround in confidence.
I think the fact that the obvious issues are being resolved is promising. That is in part because the club appear to be rectifying some of BR's own mistakes - AKA Congelton & sacking Dave Rennie and appointing a doctor to lead the physio team. The club seem to have taken back control on those areas and in my mind, that's a good thing.

I think if this season has done anything behind the scenes, it's probably rebalanced the power between the club and Rodgers, which I think is right and good.

Believe what you like, he is best friends with one of our family and is open about his support for ManU and how they are the only team that he would want to move to.

Apart from his excellent and (improving) footy skills, he seems a remarkably grounded and articulate young man, perfectly capable of thinking through what will be in his best interests at the appropriate time.

There's a whole host of Scousers who, despite supporting Everton, played professionally for Liverpool. McManaman, Carragher, Fowler spring to mind - I'm sure there are many others.

I expect KDH would also reject the attractions of Goodison Park.

I now feel allowances should be made for this season. Rodgers reign has been successful as a whole, and with the injury problems this season a top 4 challenge was never going to happen. While I think we still should be doing better, we are probably about 10 points behind what would be good in the circumstances, so disappointing but not disastrous, and there are signs that things are improving again.

The pressure will be on next season, but he gets forgiven for this one IMO.

You're late to the party but welcome aboard.

So far, he's a complete and total waste of cash. He's just Ahmed Musa with a different name on his shirt.

I've nearly exhausted my supply of the phrase 'time will tell' when discussing his future.
I still think there’s a player in there, in particular I think he’s got an eye for goal. But his movement and awareness are not where they need to be.

It’s fair to say our summer recruitment did us no favours this season. The recent treatment of Soumare suggests Rodgers has already seen enough. In fact, every single player we signed is probably available this summer. Grim.

For me, he get's a pass for this season. Until we have now seen the impact of the returning players and how that has reshaped the team, I didn't completely believe that our injury list was (almost) entirely due to our slump in form.

I now believe it is.

I think Daka will come good. His performances in the EL pre-Christmas were excellent and like most players coming into the PL, there was always going to be a period of adjustment. The Austrian PL is no EPL, but he has attributes you can improve on e.g. his speed, like Vardy's at that age, is electric - he'll work with the coaches to improve his movement and runs in behind. He'll also continue to learn from Vardy - it took him a long while to become the complete striker from the 'flat track bully' of his younger years.

It’s fair to say our summer recruitment did us no favours this season. The recent treatment of Soumare suggests Rodgers has already seen enough. In fact, every single player we signed is probably available this summer. Grim.

We signed five players with the expectation that none of them would be starters. On its own, that makes no sense to me.

BR said that Soumare and Daka were bought for the future and this season would be one of adjustment. He was certainly correct but spending £23m on Daka and £17m on Soumare for the future seems a bit weird to say the least. We're Leicester City, not Manchester City. Both were used to playing regularly for their sides so they come a different league/country with the manager expecting you not to be able to be of use for a year. Hardly a great way to begin.

We then sign two players from Southampton and it is made very clear that they are not first choice players. They are effectively replacing back up options and will be cover. Both are used to playing PL football regularly so you have to question their commitment to the cause. They'd rather be here and not play than be at another PL side and play. Warning signals should have been very loud.

Lookman was just a ridiculous decision. We were clearly scrambling about desperately trying to get a forward in and we ended up with him. A left winger when we needed a right winger. So we play him on the right and he's shit. Occasional cameos on the left show that he's a decent player but he'll never be good enough to be our first choice there so what exactly was the point?

Five players in, all obviously here as subs as best. Not only does that do nothing for them, it does nothing for the rest of the squad who have to look around and know that there is no added quality coming in.

Then the injuries start to accumulate and the cavalry are found wanting. Well what a surprise that isn't.

I’m not a huge believer in signing players for depth. Every signing should be competing to play in the starting 11.

Mistakes were made. Squads bloated.

I for one had a bloody great day out. Thomas made me very worried in the first half, as did our back four 'playing' out from the back. It reminded me of the Man City home game earlier in the season when they dicked around which led to their goal. But nice to see us see the game out and KDH grow as a player. I'm also back in the Rodgers can stay camp after having a wobble earlier in the season. As BN nicely highlights above, we had a shit summer and need to do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566