Post Match Leicester 2 Crystal Palace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think there’s a player in there, in particular I think he’s got an eye for goal. But his movement and awareness are not where they need to be.

It’s fair to say our summer recruitment did us no favours this season. The recent treatment of Soumare suggests Rodgers has already seen enough. In fact, every single player we signed is probably available this summer. Grim.

If that is so, it would appear Rodgers is suffering from the same disconnect common on here, expecting champions league contender quality at bouncing along just above the relegation zone prices. We're still buying Slimanis and expecting Tielemans (not a great example on current fiorm admittedly). It's something when one of them occasionally is a good player.

Mistakes were made. Squads bloated and unbalanced: Praet, Perez, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Jakupovic, Ward and Hamza all need moves. Can only hope they were right in their assessment of Soumare and Daka regarding the long term.

Meanwhile we have no contingency in goal and still don’t have a right winger worth playing. And the club is looking to move on Nacho, Soyuncu, Tielemans.

Realistically, this is the base for next year - obviously not everyone will move on…still, looks extremely thin….

Kasper

Fofana
Evans
Amartey

Ricardo
Justin
Castagne
Thomas

Ndidi
Maddison
KDH
Soumare
Mendy

Albrighton
Barnes

Vardy
Daka

In my opinion you are a little deluded if you think we can easily upgrade. We could so easily change manager and end up in a much worse position.
You might be right. But some said that about Puel, some said similar when we sacked Pearson. I’m not saying you’re right or wrong in this instance. But generally I think this line of thinking is silly.

You might be right. But some said that about Puel, some said similar when we sacked Pearson. I’m not saying you’re right or wrong in this instance. But generally I think this line of thinking is silly.
But it's not silly at all. Look at our level of success over the past few seasons. We are punching well above our weight. How can we confidently say that we would upgrade if we were to replace Rodgers?

It was
We signed five players with the expectation that none of them would be starters. On its own, that makes no sense to me
Great point. And when stacked up against the point you’ve made repeatedly that most of the team were here when Puel left shows we’ve fundamentally failed to attract the right level of player.

I actually suspect Brendan would have hoped Soumare would have got going this season, and any comments to the contrary were intended to give him some breathing space to acclimatise. He was the flagship signing of the summer - as you say makes no sense that none of them were intended to be starters.

Having thought about it Rodgers is doing OK and I think we would be foolish to move him out, I've been critical of him which at the time IMO was justified.
I've watched plenty of years of dross following Leicester and I'd of put up with so much more but now we are settled in the premier league and winning stuff, I'm turning into a plastic fan so expect success all the time so if 2 games are lost on the bounce or Rodgers makes the wrong sub IMO then I reserve the right to demand he's sacked while calling him a tosser.

Having thought about it Rodgers is doing OK and I think we would be foolish to move him out, I've been critical of him which at the time IMO was justified.
I've watched plenty of years of dross following Leicester and I'd of put up with so much more but now we are settled in the premier league and winning stuff, I'm turning into a plastic fan so expect success all the time so if 2 games are lost on the bounce or Rodgers makes the wrong sub IMO then I reserve the right to demand he's sacked while calling him a tosser.
That is probably the same as how Manure fans have been feeling for the last few years!

In hindsight he’s deserved more grace than a lot of fans, myself included, have given him.

I think that way too. I also think I'd trust him to do a click and collect for me but wouldn't trust him to do a shop in person....I'm not the biggest bean fan regardless of how magic they could be. The summer transfers will be massively important. We've had injuries n shit but we've bought more players we'll probably end up loaning out and then releasing. The biggest turnaround this season was throwing Dewberries in when he sussed his signings were shite.

The bloke has his qualities but has obvious flaws. Letting him sort this summer's recruitment would be a massive **** up.

I think that way too. I also think I'd trust him to do a click and collect for me but wouldn't trust him to do a shop in person....I'm not the biggest bean fan regardless of how magic they could be. The summer transfers will be massively important. We've had injuries n shit but we've bought more players we'll probably end up loaning out and then releasing. The biggest turnaround this season was throwing Dewberries in when he sussed his signings were shite.

The bloke has his qualities but has obvious flaws. Letting him sort this summer's recruitment would be a massive **** up.
I completely agree. I see this as the most important summer in a really long time. The club needs to ensure its absolutely spot on.

Well on the penalty retake 2 palace players encroached. Not sure about the rules but they encroached (what a word). Is it alowed for forwards to encroach but not defenders?
Some laws / rules of this game are bizarre (sorry another word, probably spelt incorrectly)

Well on the penalty retake 2 palace players encroached. Not sure about the rules but they encroached (what a word). Is it alowed for forwards to encroach but not defenders?
Some laws / rules of this game are bizarre (sorry another word, probably spelt incorrectly)

Encroachment isn't an offence in itself. The reason the penalty had to be retaken was because Soyuncu was inside the area when the penalty was taken and then cleared the ball following the save from Schmeichel.

If a player encroaches and then affects what happens, there is an offence. So if on the second penalty, if a Palace player had encroached and then scored the follow up instead of Zaha, it would have been ruled out.

Lots of people seem confused by this quite simple rule. I even saw some people showing images from the Arsenal penalty the other week where an Arsenal player was a couple of yards inside the penalty area when the ball was struck. Because he's not influencing what happens it's not going to be looked at.

Encroachment isn't an offence in itself. The reason the penalty had to be retaken was because Soyuncu was inside the area when the penalty was taken and then cleared the ball following the save from Schmeichel.

If a player encroaches and then affects what happens, there is an offence. So if on the second penalty, if a Palace player had encroached and then scored the follow up instead of Zaha, it would have been ruled out.

Lots of people seem confused by this quite simple rule. I even saw some people showing images from the Arsenal penalty the other week where an Arsenal player was a couple of yards inside the penalty area when the ball was struck. Because he's not influencing what happens it's not going to be looked at.
Thanks for that reply. Not so bizarre after all

What ??

Law says all players are outside of the area apart from goalie and designated taker - if a player isn’t technically outside the box then kick should be retaken (if a goal is scored)

Yeah you’re wrong here BN.

Yeah BN you’re wrong. Now go and cry. You’re wrong BN. You’re wrong. Highland Fox will now take you to the special place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566