Post Match Leicester 2 Derby 1 (League cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How he got on goodness only knows. Usually they vet the calls. Whichever person let him through will likely get a telling off.
Not quite in the Connie Lingus stakes though
Sounded like he walked really fast while on the phone. Either that or he was on a double decker bus on his way to Enderby. I'll wash my ears just in case.

Feckin' shite PeestOn. You made far too many changes, you hopeless tosser - we never stood a chance of winning with that crazy team

Oh, hold on a minute.....

3 times in 11 games?

Indeed. Obviously it's better to never go behind if you're not going to recover, just as it is better to not ever let in any goals. Neither is realistic - but this season, weirdly, we've managed to come back really well.

if we only we had made 8 changes for the blackpool game.

3 times in 11 games?

Well that is absolutely shocking, just disgusting. NYC Fox is absolutely right, somebody needs to mention it to PEES ON because he just doesn't seem to realise what a terrible season we're having. To listen to him, it's almost as if he thinks we're doing okay! He's ****ing delusional.
In fact, I'm going to write him another email.

Six full debuts tonight?

Wasilewski, Bakayogo, Miquel, Hopper, Hammond, Taylor-Fletcher

Years from now we will talk about "remember when that one bloke played that one time in that cup game"

Last edited:
Didn't Miquel start against...... someone?

When is the draw for the next round?

I'm up for a good cup run..."oh we're on the march with Pearson's arrrrrmy - we're all going to wemberlee"

Curiously deflated feeling.A cup tie..at home to DERBY...PLUS discounted tickets,Half empty stadium,no atmosphere & people with an "oh well,never mind eh?" attitude when trailing at half time.Pleased with the win & all that but feeling somewhat empty.Remembering past games in this competition played in front of packed houses in deafening atmospheres just made me focus on how much has been lost.

Just sad.

Not the greatest of games but I'll take the win still and great to see us come from behind against Derby!!

Knocky or Dyer, preferably both need to be starting games as we are so much more effective with width.

Centre backs seemed solid, Sammon was giving them a run for their money but doubt they will face any stronger this year so not really a criticism. Wasilewski had one moment where he slipped and then a bit of a crap back pass but apart from that, did pretty well imo.

Bakayogo was disappointing, mainly his passing to be honest as to be fair to him, he had sod all support due to the system we played but did look a bit out of his depth. I wouldn't write him off completely though as he was up against two most of the time but wasn't the best of showings.

Hopper didn't really offer much but not much service. Biggest disappointment for me was Schlupp - awful touch, couldn't pass and generally looked a bit uninterested though he does have a casual style.

All in all, not bad imo. Derby were better 1st half but hardly running rings around us and offered little to nothing in the second half. Possibly a bit fortunate but who cares, it was Derby!

Onwards and upwards.

Stringer out.

When is the draw for the next round?

I'm up for a good cup run..."oh we're on the march with Pearson's arrrrrmy - we're all going to wemberlee"

Should be on after the Sky match tomorrow which I presume is the Man U v Liverpool game.

Perfect result really, gives the fringe players confidence and also boosts the confidence of Nugent, knockaert and drinkwater. roll on Barnsley, hoping we tear them apart. Into the last 16 and just 3 wins away from Wembley! Get excited people, things are looking up!

I'll focus mainly on the newbies.

Wasilewski - slow start but grew into the game admirably. Looks a class act.
Miguel - horrible in the first half, shaky in possession and positionally very dodgy. Again, much better second half.
Bakayogo - up there with the worst home debuts of all time. Massively, massively, out of his depth.
Hammond - looked past it to be honest. Either that or very unfit. Could have been red carded for a lot of fouls.
Taylor-Fletcher - he played like I would if I were out there. Miles off the pace.
Hopper - a long way from good enough I'm afraid.

Special mention for Schlupp who finally got that start in attack many of us have been wanting. He was dogshite, absolutely zero presence, influence, passion, sense, threat, etc. Awful. Second half at left back wasn't much better. Big let down Jeffrey.

Well done to Knockaert on changing the game, which was awful before he injected some urgency into the proceedings. Terrific free kick. The second goal was a definite OG.

Agree with all the above. A friend who had a friend in the Derby end said our first minute effort DID cross the line!

The free kick.

Also came across this which made me chuckle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670