Post Match Leicester 2 Derby 1 (League cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Teddy!

We will get man u at home. And win.

FoxesPlayer with Stringer commentary
[/QUO

Hoping that's the start of a proper return to form for Knocky, it took a deflection but still a fine goal.

There's plenty of talk about a poor atmosphere, empty seats and general apathy amongst the fans. Is it we've been spoilt? If Muzzy or Parker had struck a similar goal there's a good chance it would be hailed as one of Leicesters best . Or is it something to do with there being little connection between players and fans. Or maybe it's just PeErson's (out) fault as he chooses not to talk it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny reading the match thread for this game, especially the comments before AK scored. Some of those moaning obviously can't have been at the game but I'd swear they were if the total twats at the back of SK3/4 were anything to go by.

All of those changes and lot's of players who didn't yet know their team-mates very well and they see fit to boo them off at half time.

The folk at the back of SK3/4 normally give plenty of encouragement and are relatively loud and supportive however yesterday showed some of them up for what they are and I hope they felt suitably ashamed by the end of the game.

Not the greatest of games but I'll take the win still and great to see us come from behind against Derby!!

Knocky or Dyer, preferably both need to be starting games as we are so much more effective with width.

Centre backs seemed solid, Sammon was giving them a run for their money but doubt they will face any stronger this year so not really a criticism. Wasilewski had one moment where he slipped and then a bit of a crap back pass but apart from that, did pretty well imo.

Bakayogo was disappointing, mainly his passing to be honest as to be fair to him, he had sod all support due to the system we played but did look a bit out of his depth. I wouldn't write him off completely though as he was up against two most of the time but wasn't the best of showings.

Hopper didn't really offer much but not much service. Biggest disappointment for me was Schlupp - awful touch, couldn't pass and generally looked a bit uninterested though he does have a casual style.

All in all, not bad imo. Derby were better 1st half but hardly running rings around us and offered little to nothing in the second half. Possibly a bit fortunate but who cares, it was Derby!

Onwards and upwards.

Stringer out.

An excellent post but I disagree with M17 on the reasons for Schlupp's poor first half. I thought his touch was excellent but the problem was that with the ball under control he ran straight into trouble. Physically he did not look strong enough, lost everything in the air and did not win the 50-50 balls. To sum up he made life too easy for the Derby defence. I believe he is the most naturally gifted of our strikers and so found his first half disappointing.
I hope not to see Bakayogo play for Leicester again as he is clearly not good enough. Tom Hopper looked totally out of his depth. Miguel was OK but did not look good enough to displace Moore or Morgan. Marcion played well and might well challenge for a first team place.

I thought the game began to change before Knockaert came on with the introduction of Dyer and Nugent.

Nigel Pearson was not on the touchline again and I think this was a mistake. Nigel Clough was a real presence much to the annoyance of people around me but he was doing his job. I feel that youngsters need the presence of the manager.

Finally praise for Nugent. Before the game started he took a lot of time to sign kiddies autograph books and to pose for photos.

An excellent post but I disagree with M17 on the reasons for Schlupp's poor first half. I thought his touch was excellent but the problem was that with the ball under control he ran straight into trouble. Physically he did not look strong enough, lost everything in the air and did not win the 50-50 balls. To sum up he made life too easy for the Derby defence. I believe he is the most naturally gifted of our strikers and so found his first half disappointing.
I hope not to see Bakayogo play for Leicester again as he is clearly not good enough. Tom Hopper looked totally out of his depth. Miguel was OK but did not look good enough to displace Moore or Morgan. Marcion played well and might well challenge for a first team place.

I thought the game began to change before Knockaert came on with the introduction of Dyer and Nugent.

Nigel Pearson was not on the touchline again and I think this was a mistake. Nigel Clough was a real presence much to the annoyance of people around me but he was doing his job. I feel that youngsters need the presence of the manager.

Finally praise for Nugent. Before the game started he took a lot of time to sign kiddies autograph books and to pose for photos.

That's good to hear. Thanks Mr G.

Last edited:
Miguel was OK... Marcion played well

Miquel... Marcin...

And the real point of my responding:

Nigel Pearson was not on the touchline again and I think this was a mistake.

Do we actually know whether he was not there by choice or decree? We seem to be presuming that his recent indiscretion was punished by a one game touch-line ban and that his absence in the last two games has been self-imposed. Do we absolutely know that that is the case? I haven't seen anything official on it and as a repeat offence perhaps it was dealt with more harshly.

Should have looked that up before writing. It *was* a one-game ban so he has chosen to restrict himself to the stand.

Perhaps he genuinely thinks that the rest of his team can cope without him. Perhaps he understands that he has a real problem and is trying to gain control of his 'behaviour'.

Either way, I hope he gets back to the line soon.

Perhaps he gets a better view of the game and could therefore see what was going wrong in the first half.
Perhaps this will continue, who knows. Although I would have thought he would have been down on the line for the second half. Perhaps he was expecting extra time.

If we keep on getting positive results, he can sit in the feckin' car park for all I care

Perhaps he gets a better view of the game and could therefore see what was going wrong in the first half.

Why didn't I think of that before? Of course it must be true. All his critics on here sit higher and that's how they see the game better than he does and know where he's going wrong. So if he sits higher, he'll know as much as they know and do everything right in future. Stands to reason.

:icon_wink

I don't know if this has been posted. Derby's Coutts will be out for four months with a dislocated kneecap after last night game he has surgery today. Best of luck to him. ( from Sky Sports).

I don't know if this has been posted. Derby's Coutts will be out for four months with a dislocated kneecap after last night game he has surgery today. Best of luck to him. ( from Sky Sports).

When I used to play my kneecap regularly used to dislocate, but used to pop back in by itself. It sounds bad, but actually it was ok and although it popped out easily, the fact that it went straight back in meant that it wasn't a big issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669