Post Match Leicester 2 Everton 2

Caught Smith's interview on the radio on the way back. He was asked why Maddison took the pen and he said it is decided before every game who is on pens. It was Nacho last week and Maddison today.
Doubly-frustrating that Nacho was injured last week, as he would probably have scored the penalty tonight (and been more effective than Daka)

As soon as Maddison took the ball for the penalty I, like I think all Leicester fans, knew he would miss. He's TOO EMOTIONAL for that sort of thing. Give that to Vardy or Tielemans and we win the game. Not sure who had the final say on who takes the penalty, but someone needs a right good slap.

Hung on for a draw in the end. I actually thought we looked better before Daka came on to support Vardy.

Well, unbeaten in three is encouraging, but **** me did we just surrender two point in that one.

I heard that one about 9 months ago when I said we would be relegated if we kept Rodgers.
And I stand by it. We’re in a massive scrap. 1 point separating 4 teams who are all fighting for their lives. We have a better goal difference than all the others which is obviously worth a point - and we probably haven’t got the worse fixtures left to play out of the 4. It’s not great that we’re there but all of the others are in the same boat and we are by no means doomed yet. I wouldn’t swap places with any of those other teams fighting.

Amazes me Daka gets stick and Barnes gets a free ride by some…

Barnes was so poor last night, his link up play was shocking, the one chance I can think of he blazed over and he stopped tracking back after about 20 mins, which led to Everton attacking us down their right pretty much all night.

Amazes me Daka gets stick and Barnes gets a free ride by some…

Barnes was so poor last night, his link up play was shocking, the one chance I can think of he blazed over and he stopped tracking back after about 20 mins, which led to Everton attacking us down their right pretty much all night.

Correct.

Daka and Barnes clearly both lacking confidence but Barnes is an experienced pro now and his regular abstinence from the cause is disgusting.

Last night I felt like a point was better than nothing, but having slept on it I’m concerned by our inability to keep a clean sheet… we give as many chances to Fulham, Liverpool and Newcastle and we will get smashed by all of them.

Whether that means going with a back five I’m not sure, but we defend how we have done last two games and out hopes of staying up will be based on other teams not winning again…

Bang on the money again…

Yep, and I reckon I'll not fathom this one to my dying day...

wondering why on earth Brendan Rodgers thought he could get away with picking Danny Ward and Daniel Amartey ahead of Daniel Iversen and Caglar Soyuncu.

I thought he did alright. Not his worst game.
He was fine, after half time he was pretty much the only player on our team capable of breaking into a jog.

Barnes is playing like a 35 year old whose legs have gone but also has zero technical ability to fall back on, which makes me wonder yet again why the **** we let Albrighton go out on loan when we have no cover left at the club.

Bang on the money again…

Yep. Although most of us wanted Rodgers out much earlier in the season, it still feels like we messed up sacking him when we did.

You either do it early enough to give a replacement a proper chance, or not at all, and we've done neither. Smith to me seems out of his depth for this challenge.

He's obviously made some good decisions by giving everyone a fresh start and saying the right things but wow he's so poor at preparing a team for an opponent.

The truth is that we played so much better against Leeds and Everton under Rodgers than Smith.

And I stand by it. We’re in a massive scrap. 1 point separating 4 teams who are all fighting for their lives. We have a better goal difference than all the others which is obviously worth a point - and we probably haven’t got the worse fixtures left to play out of the 4. It’s not great that we’re there but all of the others are in the same boat and we are by no means doomed yet. I wouldn’t swap places with any of those other teams fighting.
Don't get me wrong. I hope that you are correct and we are all smiling on the last day, but if we can't beat Leeds and we can't beat Everton we are in my view done. It's right that we only have to match what the teams below us do, but it doesn't follow we will. We still have to produce. We haven't yet when we have needed to, and the difficulty level just went up several notches.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463