Post Match Leicester 2 Huddersfield 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford lost as well and Forest have just conceded an injury time equaliser.

Again, far from convincing but 3 points ground out & other results going our way! Shame Ipswich couldn´t convert any of their chances though.

Good stuff. Nervy at the end it seemed, but the substitutions seemed to do the job they were brought on for.

Sounds like we could have had a hatful though; need to make sure wastage in front of goal doesn't cost us

Will need a win next Saturday.

Some very tough games to see out the year. Need as many points as we can muster against the "lesser" sides.

We just about did enough. I was quite impressed with Huddersfield to be honest. Not many stars but a good work ethic and decent touch from most of them. Vaughan is a good striker and was unfortunate to be sent off. Tactically, Robins was quite canny and I think he's a decent manager.

We played what I think is our strongest defence but they weren't especially good. Moore isn't as good at right back and Wasilewski and Morgan were both average. Schmeichel was excellent though and made two or three terrific saves.

In midfield, we were outnumbered and at times, it showed. Knockaert in particular went missing from the right side a lot and made us look short of numbers. Nugent's link play was very good at times but he's horrible in open play in front of goal this season. Vardy took his goal well and worked hard throughout. I thought James did well when he came on and we were more solid with three in midfield.

I found the match very entertaining. It wasn't high quality stuff throughout but even the scrappy stuff ended up with chances being created. I thought we were fortunate to go in ahead at half time not because we were poor but because Huddersfield played some good stuff and were clearly instructed to attack us. Good for them. We were in total control of the second half until they got their goal after which it was all a bit nervy.

I'm not too sure about the changes at the back. Wasilewski looks a good player individually but he doesn't quite have the understanding with Morgan that Moore seems to have built. That will take time, though. And Moore, whilst not playing badly, just isn't as effective as a right back. I these things resulted in us being left exposed at times today.

Vaughan is a good striker and was unfortunate to be sent off.

Why? From the radio commentary it sounded as though he left the ref with little alternative.

it has to be said dpj starts a prematch thread we get back to winning ways cumonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Why? From the radio commentary it sounded as though he left the ref with little alternative.

Matt Murray, at the ground for Sky said he was unlucky to be sent off. He claimed our 'beast' of a defender went down very easily. I'm sure though, if he's raised his hand it doesn't matter whether he went down or not.

Matt Murray, at the ground for Sky said he was unlucky to be sent off. He claimed our 'beast' of a defender went down very easily. I'm sure though, if he's raised his hand it doesn't matter whether he went down or not.

Matt Murray is an idiot though, he raised his hands and from my view of the incident shoved him in the back. Red Card, everytime... nothing 'unfortunate' about it.

Vaughn is a moron as I was really worried that Huddersfield were going to snatch a point or maybe more.

Last edited:
Wasilewski was bending over, pulling his socks up I think, and Vaughan went up behind him and gave him a right good shove. Completely pointless decision by Vaughan, Marcin didn't throw himself to the ground and he didn't feign injury.

The first half was pretty open, we could have scored more than two and were probably lucky to have an unsoiled sheet at half time. The second half was the usual, really edgy between the 60th and 80th minutes, until NP switches to three in the midfield and we see it out.

Nice goal by Vardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670