Post Match Leicester 2 Hull 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way the Hill fans were their own worst enemies.

I'm not sure about their own worst enemies, but they certainly missed the boat by about 15 years. He left the club in 1997.

Incidentally am I the only person who was surprised to here a lot of the fans complaining about the red card on the radio on the way home?

Looked a stone wall red to me, I thought the mistake the ref made was that he didn't send off the Hull player as well as Danns, as they both went in two footed, but no complaints about Danns' red.

That was why I was so annoyed, it was either no red cards or 2 red cards as they both went for the ball in exactly the same way

No. And I'm not the only person who is surprised you got confused between 'here' and hear'.

NP in his post-match interview seemed to suggest that an appeal was unlikely. He said that he would consult with Andrew Neville and that a decision would be taken after the tackle had been viewed from all possible angles and after it was known what the referee had put about the incident in his report.

Could that be depending on what ban the refs report would mean - either 1 game or 3 games depending on his reason for sending off

Last edited by a moderator:
The crowd played a great part in the final 30 minutes. Saw us pretty comfortably over the line.

Beckford and Dyer were superb out there.

Could that be depending on what ban the refs report would mean - either 1 game or 3 games depending on his reason for sending off

One game suspensions are for two yellows and for denying a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity - neither could apply in this case. It can only be a 3-game ban PLUS another game for having previously been sent off.

Last edited:
That was why I was so annoyed, it was either no red cards or 2 red cards as they both went for the ball in exactly the same way

I disagree. Danns was both off the floor and two footed, whereas the Hull player was still on the ground and only led with one leg.

I think many fans were enraged about the red card because the ref delayed showing it until after he got a lot of grief from Hull players. I believe that referees are encouraged that if they thought it was a straight red they should show the card immediately.

Also thought Bamba was immense when he came on to help provide a 'force-field' to protect the 18yd box.

I think many fans were enraged about the red card because the ref delayed showing it until after he got a lot of grief from Hull players.

The video stream showed the ref trying to get the card out of his back pocket even before the commotion with the Hull players.

The video stream showed the ref trying to get the card out of his back pocket even before the commotion with the Hull players.

I've not seen a replay but it seemed to take him a while to actually get the card. Perhaps a case of finding it difficult to locate his arse with either hand?

I've not seen a replay but it seemed to take him a while to actually get the card. Perhaps a case of finding it difficult to locate his arse with either hand?

I agree that it took him a long time to find the card - too long. It would have been better for the game if he had produced it sooner. I don't think though that the Hull players influenced his decision.

Last edited:
I've seen it several times now and I can't argue with the sending off.

Having seen highlights, very reckless tackle, fortunate that their player wasn't seriously injured.
Red card was only option.

Also, Dyer needs to practise using his right foot.
More than once he has found himself in a position to score, never mind just shoot, if he had used his right foot.
Instead he went with his left, and fecked up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669