Post Match Leicester 2 Leeds 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. For as good as he was for 35 minutes in the first half (and he was excellent), Praet was ****ing awful in the second half. I think KDH played well tonight. He made some lovely passes forward and did really well to assist fornthe goal (as did Praet and Vardy of course).

Faes is like Soyuncu + Brain. He's going to make the odd rash decision but he's an excellent defender and I like him a lot. If we could get him and Evans working well together it'd be a massive problem fixed.

Ward had another good game today after a decent showing at Palace; in fact, it was his best. He was commanding and directed his defence very well.

Tielemans (who was very, very good) spent a lot of time at CB which helped because Amartey was ****ing horrific and I still think Justin had a much, much improved game. Yes, he left gaps that he shouldn't but he was good going forward and made some excellent challenges.

Anyway, when Wolves beat us at the weekend the ****ing misery will begin again so enjoy tonight.
We need some balance on the right. Praet provided that. Rodgers has tried to stuff his best 11 days players into a shape that hasn’t worked. Less about KDH and more about needing that presence on the right.

The best way would be to upload it to Youtube and link to it.

The file size will probably be too big to upload directly to a post, but you can try it, by pressing the attach files button.
I’ll just transcribe it

You owe me five minutes of my life back

We need some balance on the right. Praet provided that. Rodgers has tried to stuff his best 11 days players into a shape that hasn’t worked. Less about KDH and more about needing that presence on the right.
I totally get this but I don't think Praet inls the answer. I think losing KDH will do more harm than good. It is however, the big question and **** only knows what the answer is!

R : Youri, congratulations I really enjoyed the performance. You know I’m a bit biased! All I wanna ask is, it was really impressive how you got rid of the pressing of Leeds, sometimes you were getting in position in the back 3…. How did you work on that?

Y : Yeah we worked on that for the whole week. The manager asked me to come on the ball to try and make the extra man with the centre halves…. I thought I did that well to create spaces as well and then on the right Timothy was free to play in so it was just a case of finding the right pass.

R : Did you see a difference in the way they were pressing after the first goal?

Y : Not really, they tried to press the whole game and in the second half the midfielder came out to Timothy Castagne. I think we tried to build the game up and win second balls and keep the ball in their half and we can improve on that.

R : Youri, congratulations I really enjoyed the performance. You know I’m a bit biased! All I wanna ask is, it was really impressive how you got rid of the pressing of Leeds, sometimes you were getting in position in the back 3…. How did you work on that?

Y : Yeah we worked on that for the whole week. The manager asked me to come on the ball to try and make the extra man with the centre halves…. I thought I did that well to create spaces as well and then on the right Timothy was free to play in so it was just a case of finding the right pass.

R : Did you see a difference in the way they were pressing after the first goal?

Y : Not really, they tried to press the whole game and in the second half the midfielder came out to Timothy Castagne. I think we tried to build the game up and win second balls and keep the ball in their half and we can improve on that.
I just want to highlight that this is in the context of Alan Shearer on co coms and Paul Robinson and our Emile on punditry so it’s ****ing interesting stuff compared to that.

Don’t be a ****ing carpet.
popillius popillius I was having a moan to my old man about the government and what have you. All he could say was ‘at least you’ve got your ballbearings to keep you rolling’

Dorothy and her pins. The fact that she comes home with her hair matted with spunk is neither here nor there.

Faes rightly chosen as man of the match by Shearer on Amazon. Ward voted man of the match via the official fantsay football league app, despite not really having much to do. Amartey scored the same as Ward in the player ratings. Strange.

Relieved to get three points. Two wins down, nine more to find.

I thought it was another miserable game though. Such little quality from both sides. It was just tactical wankery smothering everything. Press, press, press and **** entertainment.

Once again, we were there for the taking. Full backs too often sloppy in possession or out of position. Soumare swinging wildly between excellent and totally absent. Dewsbury-Hall all huff and puff and no brain. Barnes flashes of energy and then shameful hiding whenever the going got tough. Vardy was shite again.

Faes was excellent and Tielemans ran the match. Leeds were dreadful. It's becoming a theme that I simply cannot believe how poorly managed our opponents are. There are a lot of really poor managers in the PL.

I maintain that any half decent side should hammer us. We're still a total mess. But I guess we just need to be the fourth worst mess come the end of the season.

popillius popillius I was having a moan to my old man about the government and what have you. All he could say was ‘at least you’ve got your ballbearings to keep you rolling’

Dorothy and her pins. The fact that she comes home with her hair matted with spunk is neither here nor there.
Well that's part of the pin selling business.

Relieved to get three points. Two wins down, nine more to find.

I thought it was another miserable game though. Such little quality from both sides. It was just tactical wankery smothering everything. Press, press, press and **** entertainment.

Once again, we were there for the taking. Full backs too often sloppy in possession or out of position. Soumare swinging wildly between excellent and totally absent. Dewsbury-Hall all huff and puff and no brain. Barnes flashes of energy and then shameful hiding whenever the going got tough. Vardy was shite again.

Faes was excellent and Tielemans ran the match. Leeds were dreadful. It's becoming a theme that I simply cannot believe how poorly managed our opponents are. There are a lot of really poor managers in the PL.

I maintain that any half decent side should hammer us. We're still a total mess of a side. But I guess we just need to be the fourth worst mess of a side come the end of the season.
Next time, I wouldn't have a kip during the game if I were you.

0/10 for lack of being at his nan's

I watched about 60% of the match via my phone and my takeaway was Danny Ward looked so much more composed and confident. So I’m glad that seems to be a common view.

Also that Leeds were poor and we had several opportunities where a better pass would have found an easy shot at goal.

Good stuff.

I watched about 60% of the match via my phone and my takeaway was Danny Ward looked so much more composed and confident. So I’m glad that seems to be a common view.

Also that Leeds were poor and we had several opportunities where a better pass would have found an easy shot at goal.

Good stuff.
What curry did you…. Oh I see.

Jesus, that's one hell of a tactic, and leap of science. But hey if that's your preference and it works, crack on...
That would explain how Ward managed to get the ball to stick to hands so many times tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566