Post Match Leicester 2 Leeds 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, ****ng hell, they were completely ****ing wank, weren't they - and I thought Notts were the shittest team I'd ever seen. Jebus Cripes

We really weren't great, especially in the second half, but there were flashes of some really positive stuff.

First was Praet, who was outstanding in that first half. Him and Castagne were excellent, and gave the whole team the balance we have missed for so, so long. For ****s sake keep it that way against Wolves.

Secondly, Tielemans was wonderful - dropping in to support the back four time and time again steadied the whole ship. He was ****ng superb. The sensible thing would be to dump Soumare for Maddison at the weekend and play a proper 4-2-3-1, but I betcha he ****ng doesn't

Thirdly, Faes was an absolute star. Covering up for Amartey, when needed, and covering virtually the whole of the left hand side of the defence as Justin was either completely absent or completely shit. People think he's great cos he gets forward a lot, but as a defender he's genuinely ****ing hopeless.

Praet and Vardy were both knackered after an hour, but replacing them with the ****ing Chuckle Brothers did for us big time for that last half an hour. ****ing rubbish, the pair of them, and the whole quality of our play disappeared completely as a result. Nacho was the man to bring on, but he got his obligatory pointless five ****ing minutes instead. Poor bastard.

It's a desperately needed three points, but we won't play dog turd like that again, and we still need to improve a hell of a lot to drag us out of this shitheap.

Onwards and upwards.....

Well that's part of the pin selling business.
Just checked and it was Audrey selling pins, not Dorothy.

9pm wank. 9am is down in the diary but that’s optional.

Well I thought it was a bloody dreadful match, completely lacking in quality all round.

Leeds were ****ing awful, but still managed to be better than us for much of the match.

A 2-0 win having had one shot on target. Can’t be many times that’s ever happened. Leeds will be left wondering how they’ve managed to lose that 2-0, we were there for the taking.

Dare I say, BR made the correct changes tonight.

I think it was 5-10 minutes later than it should have been, and KDH was running on empty from 60 mins onwards, but credit where it was due.

Leeds were shite, no two ways about it. But professional performance and a quality second goal to kill the game.

Leeds played the second half like we have been all season - with a whimper. I also don’t understand why the commentator said that Leeds fans were a lovely bunch?

Just saw Faes’ interview and he speaks very well. Seemed levelheaded and switched on, excited to see his progress.

We still panic too often and I’m not convinced about the effectiveness of playing one-twos between Amartey and Ward. It’s like a cock (og) up waiting to happen.

Need to beat wolves to be out of the relegation places by Christmas.

Well I thought it was a bloody dreadful match, completely lacking in quality all round.

Leeds were ****ing awful, but still managed to be better than us for much of the match.

A 2-0 win having had one shot on target. Can’t be many times that’s ever happened. Leeds will be left wondering how they’ve managed to lose that 2-0, we were there for the taking.
Strange how people view games so differently. Leeds were far worse than us for most of the match in my opinion.

Strange how people view games so differently. Leeds were far worse than us for most of the match in my opinion.
I thought they carved us open so many times and had the better (and more) chances.

The stats back it up as well. They had more shots, more corners, and a higher xG.

I thought they carved us open so many times and had the better (and more) chances.

The stats back it up as well. They had more shots, more corners, and a higher xG.
I'm not sure about carved open so many times. Admittedly, I haven't looked at the stats but at no point did I feel Leeds were seriously threatening.

Stats are potentially misleading anyway. I watched the entire game and think Leeds were, overall, even more gormless than ourselves. Which is saying something.

I was apathetic before the game, but I’ve never been so low as to bet against my own team.
Keep up the good work you bunch of bedwetters .

And did sod all with any of it. They hit the bar from one of our corners but that was as close as they came to looking like being even in the game. Awful performance, honestly.

It's a desperately needed three points, but we won't play dog turd like that again, and we still need to improve a hell of a lot to drag us out of this shitheap.
We will soon have Wolves, Everton and a re arranged match against Villa

though best to unplug the TV when our defence have to face Haarland + De Bruyne +Mahrez next week

We will soon have Wolves, Everton and a re arranged match against Villa

though best to unplug the TV when our defence have to face Haarland + De Bruyne +Mahrez next week
It's Haaland.

Look, Leeds were shit. Let's make no bones about it. But if you can't take any positives from what we saw last night then you're just being obtuse.

Leeds tried to press quickly but Youri dropping back to make it a five worked well and pretty much nullifies any chances they might have created.

Defensively, we kept another clean sheet. At times we were shambolic but at others, including all set pieces, we cleared our lines well. Ward gave his most commanding performance so far for us.

Vardy was excellent for 60 minutes or so and his movement caused them problems time and time again. He ran out of steam so had to be replaced but he did well.

Our second goal was terrific; like the Leicester of old. Proving we can still do stuff like that was important.

We may go on to be shit against Wolves and lose, it would be very 'us' at the minute but that doesn't take away some of the more positive things we saw last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566