Post Match Leicester 2 Liverpool 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, we could have beaten Liverpool 5-0.
Shinji's header produced a fantastic save as did Mahrez' screamer into the top left hand corner.
Okazaki should have had a penalty too.

I have watched LCFC for 55 years. One way or another I have seen many of the goals scored at home, both at Filbert Street and King Power.
I can honestly say that goal is comfortably the best I have ever seen scored by a Leicester City player.
Simply the best!
Stan Collymore v Sunderland Volpone?

Julian Joachim v Barnsley away - FA Cup?

Shinji's problem is that he seems to lack the instinct to shoot away from the keeper, too many times it's hit straight or in the centre of the goal, and you won't always have a Mark Bunn of a 'keeper to helpfully stand behind the line. Sort that out and the goals will surely flow, because he's putting in some awesome shifts recently.

If we stroll away from the KP, we also have Muzzy at Grimsby and Keith Weller against Luton (away) in the FA Cup

I have watched LCFC for 55 years. One way or another I have seen many of the goals scored at home, both at Filbert Street and King Power.
I can honestly say that goal is comfortably the best I have ever seen scored by a Leicester City player.
Simply the best!
As another long time long suffering supporter, I would tend to agree with you. The skills required to what he did are simply staggering. The vision of Mahrez cannot be underestimated either, that was no lucky punt up field. He knew exactly where Vardy was and what he wanted to do with the ball, he executed it to perfection. We have waited a long long time for a season like this MON time was good, but this is better. Feet firmly planted on the ground, but like yourself and thousands of other City supporters we can dream the impossible.

I came over from the USA to see that - would have been worth coming over from the Moon to see a goal like that and what a great atmosphere. I am absolutely gutted I can only see a few games a season but cannot be prouder of my team and the fans. My first game at Filbert Street was 51 years ago so I have seen it all, the good, the bad and the ugly. To all of you that go every week and create that atmosphere you are truly a 12th man - I have never been so proud to be from Leicester. I promise you I am screaming from my living room in Atlanta 4,000 miles away during every game but you probably can't hear me like I can hear you :) Forget Old Trafford, this truly is the theater of dreams.

A superb performance. It was typical of Leicester this season to give the other side far more possession and yet be the better side. According to the BBC Leicester had 13 shots to Liverpool's 14 but tellingly 6 of our shots were on target to 2 Liverpool shots. Someone near me was complaining about the defending - we have only let in one goal in the last five matches.

I enjoyed Jurgen Klopp's performance. We are used to English managers looking scruffy and foreign ones looking elegant; not Mr Klopp whose dress sense reminds me of Wurzel Gummidge.
Will no one buy this man a Philishave?

Klopp ran the gamut of emotions from disappointment to blind fury. At one point he was in a shouting match with James Milner. I think part of Liverpool's problem is that the players cannot understand what the manager is talking about. Mr Klopp's post match interview is a wonderful mixture of negativity and incoherence.

Shinji's problem is that he seems to lack the instinct to shoot away from the keeper, too many times it's hit straight or in the centre of the goal, and you won't always have a Mark Bunn of a 'keeper to helpfully stand behind the line. Sort that out and the goals will surely flow, because he's putting in some awesome shifts recently.
He did nothing wrong with the header last night. He did the right thing in directing it the opposite way to which Mignolet was diving. It was just a great save. The one from Mahrez was even better.

I was at Filbo for Collymore's and saw Joachim's on TV. You can throw all the goals you like at me but Vardy's last night beats them all.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, just remembering some other spectacular goals that fit into a similar category.

this below has made me glow almost as much as last night's performance. Not sure my Arsenal supporting boss will be stolen though. :)
Vulpeculated v. to be stolen by a fox, as in ‘my footballing heart is being vulpeculated’

Thunderbastard

ROFL

I saw Len Glover score a corker against Stoke at Filbert Street in the early 70's. The best goal I've ever seen while at a ground.

Check that picture from the Independent in Maws' post, and see how many of the fans in the background are just watching open mouthed at what they have just seen

That's how it was - a bit like Claridge's goal at Wembley (for those who were there), where there were a few milliseconds (that seemed like hours) before you actually realised it was in, followed by complete and utter mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566