Post Match Leicester 2 Liverpool 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't shake the feeling I had last season. The one of absolute belief in its eventual outcome following Vard's winner against WBA last April.

I was overwhelmed by the same sensation last night as the ball arced and then pumped the net. A moment when time dilates while a multitude of feelings fight for the right of expression. Ha! Just seen homer's mentioned it in the photo.

I don't want to think it, I don't want to believe - we've all been suckered by hope far too many times before. I don't want to voice that I think we are going to win the title - but it's here, overwhelming and stopping me from working all morning.

We're going to win the ****ing Premier.

I can't shake the feeling I had last season. The one of absolute belief in its eventual outcome following Vard's winner against WBA last April.

I was overwhelmed by the same sensation last night as the ball arced and then pumped the net. A moment when time dilates while a multitude of feelings fight for the right of expression. Ha! Just seen homer's mentioned it in the photo.

I don't want to think it, I don't want to believe - we've all been suckered by hope far too many times before. I don't want to voice that I think we are going to win the title - but it's here, overwhelming and stopping me from working all morning.

We're going to win the ****ing Premier.

Goosebumps. From reading your post - and from every time I've thought about last nights game or seen something about Vardy's stunner today. Goosebumps. Every time.

I'm starting to believe. It's scary.

Can we really do it?!
I would still be ecstatic with top 4!

I think people are getting a bit carried away. Two of the toughest games of the season up next and 5 points is not much of a gap in the grand scheme of things. The manager is doing the right thing. Keep it calm and take it one game at a time and that keeps things pressure free.

I think people are getting a bit carried away. Two of the toughest games of the season up next and 5 points is not much of a gap in the grand scheme of things. The manager is doing the right thing. Keep it calm and take it one game at a time and that keeps things pressure free.

Bollocks to that. We could lose both and still win the league. There is enough drudgery in real life without going through the motions with our sports teams.

Fellow Leicester fans at work are refusing to say we could or will win the league. When can we get excited or carried away as fans? When it's actually happened or when it's no longer possible? I for one am starting to think it will happen and if we're still top after the next 2 games nobody will convince me otherwise. Enjoy it now why it's possible because I'd be amazed if we're in this position again in the near future.

Only 1 goal conceded for us in the last 6 league games now.

And only 6 in the last 13 or since the start of November which sounds better!

Got to be worth noting that actually, Vards's second finish was exquisitely taken as well. Can't imagine Benteke with the nerve to take that at the moment.

Vardy's overall performance was the best for a couple of months, he was back to his old self, that injury must have been troubling him for a while.

On a side note, I couldn't help but have a little chuckle when Okazaki fell over getting the shot away that led to the second goal. He really does have a problem staying on his feet at times.

Someone at the club definitely needs to get Okazaki some new boots, or alternatively teach him to fall over more convincingly...

Finally got round to watching match of the day, to delightfully see myself jumping up and down in the crowd behind the goal like an absolute feckin' nutcase when the first goal goes in

Happy days

Bollocks to that. We could lose both and still win the league. There is enough drudgery in real life without going through the motions with our sports teams.

Aye this. Our next two games look tough but after that our run in looks good especially the home games. If we don't win now we'll look like total mugs.

Finally got round to watching match of the day, to delightfully see myself jumping up and down in the crowd behind the goal like an absolute feckin' nutcase when the first goal goes in

Happy days

You're actually Filbert Fox?

Got to be worth noting that actually, Vards's second finish was exquisitely taken as well. Can't imagine Benteke with the nerve to take that at the moment.
Yes, one of the papers this morning said he cpaitalised on a deflection making it sound lucky - did they not see how far he ran to make up the ground on the outside of the defender to get there? Showed the vision to get stuck in - it wasn't a lucky tap in.

Rodney Fern's overhead kick against Birmingham
Keith Weller home to Newcastle a couple of Andy Peake's efforts but for a sheer how did he do that moment Vardy's stands out.

David Speedie against Bolton Sept 93.
Though i was young and don't remember seeing the goal, I do remember my Dad coming home from the game with his mate, and being very excited by it, they repeatedly described it in great detail.

Watch from 58 seconds

My biggest difficulty at the moment is working out who is my favourite player. I have invested in multi packs of throat sweets as I can't talk the day after a match. Such a great night yesterday although I was disappointed that Liverpool didn't fight more after Vardy's first goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566