Post Match Leicester 2 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I feckin loved that match. Loved it

Up to the point where they scored we were far to deep and allowed Gundogan the freedom of Leicester, let alone the pitch. After that we pushed two yards further forward , assisted greatly by moving Hamza wide right . We got right at them, and they folded hopelessly. I wouldn't go as far as BN in calling them shit, but they are certainly gutless - almost as if they don't have a thought in their heads that an opponent would dare to do anything other than roll over and let them do what they want. Wankers.

Second half we again gave them far too much space, almost playing with seven across the back at times. He had to take one of the midfield three off or it was going to be a complete onslaught. Could have been any of them, but Choudhury was probably the best option, despite being excellent. Pushing Ricardo up was a great move. Both subs mad us get off our feckin six yard box and get up the pitch.

The whole back four were outstanding - reminiscent of the Ranieri period. Absolutely brilliant. The three defensive mids were similarly impressive, as was Albrighton. Vardy's movement throughout was brilliant. Simply wonderful to watch.

The only negatives were Kasper's wankflannel distribution, which was embarrassing at times, and Maddison - who I personally thought was the worst player on the pitch (including their shitty full backs and the laughable Sterling)

Overall it was exciting, thrilling counter attacking football at its best, coupled with superb backs to the wall defending. The type of stuff that gets you out of your seat and screaming like a girl.

Fascinating to see what we do against Cardiff, when they park four buses and an artic on the goal line. Come on, Claude, we know you can do it

Oh and another thing. Man City played more long balls today than I've ever seen a Pulis or Allardyce team play. The only difference is apparently one is a genius and the other two are dinosaurs.

He's a con man.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Man City are shit...

Read a comment the other day that kind of reinforces your view, it said that Man. City have three really, really good players, (Silva, De Bruyne and Fernadinho), the others are made to look better than they are by those three. Take them out of the team and they're not as good as people think they are.

Oh and another thing. Man City played more long balls today than I've ever seen a Pulis or Allardyce team play. The only difference is apparently one is a genius and the other two are dinosaurs.

He's a con man.
Entirely valid approach to the game, but I do get what you're saying.

Calling Man City 'shit' is just madness and goes a long way to lessen what we achieved today. They just aren't. They are however, as homer described - gutless at times. They don't like a fight.

I'm not in agreement with the criticism of Maddison either. I think he did some pretty good things today without being at his most creative. I thought Ndidi was probably our 'worst' player but I am being hard on anyone with that tag to be honest.

The defence were superb to a man and Puel got his calls absolutely spot on, including taking off Choudhury which I thought wasn't a great idea at the time. Ricardo and Albrighton my joint MotM.

Has any Pep side either at Barca or Bayern, ever won a title when not a complete front runner?

Just hope people aren't expecting the exact same game plan on Saturday when Cardiff will come down and park their fleet of buses, we will have to play differently simply because they will hardly attack us and certainly won't leave that much space like Man City did today

Calling Man City 'shit' is just madness and goes a long way to lessen what we achieved today. They just aren't. They are however, as homer described - gutless at times. They don't like a fight.

I'm not in agreement with the criticism of Maddison either. I think he did some pretty good things today without being at his most creative. I thought Ndidi was probably our 'worst' player but I am being hard on anyone with that tag to be honest.

The defence were superb to a man and Puel got his calls absolutely spot on, including taking off Choudhury which I thought wasn't a great idea at the time. Ricardo and Albrighton my joint MotM.
in the short amount of RL I could stand after the game Piper mentioned that Choudhury looked spent as he was subbed so it may have been more about that than anything else.

in the short amount of RL I could stand after the game Piper mentioned that Choudhury looked spent as he was subbed so it may have been more about that than anything else.
maybe the game plan was for him to run himself into the ground, is that the first time iennachio has not featured? same team again for Saturday please Claude.

maybe the game plan was for him to run himself into the ground, is that the first time iennachio has not featured? same team again for Saturday please Claude.
I wouldn't I'd leave either Wilf or Mendy out and put Maddison in CM and bring Gray into the team, we will need more attacking players and Cardiff won't prove that much of a threat

Read a comment the other day that kind of reinforces your view, it said that Man. City have three really, really good players, (Silva, De Bruyne and Fernadinho), the others are made to look better than they are by those three. Take them out of the team and they're not as good as people think they are.

So take out their entire first team midfield and they aren't as good?

Shocking, that is.

Today was a great win. Don't undermine it by saying Man City, one of the best teams in the league and even in Europe, are shit.

No idea how we played but glad to see back to back wins against good sides. Man City will be getting an extra billion pound sponsorship deal in January the way things are looking for them at the moment. Pep's philosophy etc such a genius.

Man City’s front 6 are some of the best in the world but what has been established in the last 2 games is if you make it a battle, they are vulnerable. Palace and us have got in their faces, disrupted rhythm and put tackles in and they haven’t found a way around it. I think Pep needs a couple more additions - a quality left back and back up to Fernandinho.

In terms of a City, to a man we were excellent. Stuck to the gameplan and executed perfectly. I thought Morgan had his best game of the season, with notable mentions for Albrighton, Mendy, Pereira and Ndidi. Vardy did his bit up front as well, keeping their back line on their toes and honest. A fabulous result to back up the Chelsea win.

yes but in our title winning season you could say - take out vardy, and marhez and kante (remember them?)
and what have they got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758