Post Match Leicester 2 Newcastle 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoM. Top for travelling from ****ing Thailand only to see that tripe...

Naive setup from Rodgers. Newcastle didn't really need the points and were always going to sit back and counter. Rodgers likes to play a high line but we just don't have the legs in the middle of the park to cover it. Even with that said, the performance tonight was a disgrace from the players.

Special mentions..

Soyuncu, complete horseshit.
Maddison - please replace with Praet for FA Cup Final.

I think Maddison has shown the respect he's got for this club and its fans with his behaviour this season.

If he starts the final then it's the wrong decision.

Not many positives, Iheanacho scored a good goal again. That's about it.

We need Everton to do us a massive favour. They still have a potential European place to play for.

Remember when we were actually exciting to watch?

Most of the frustration tonight is the style of the performance - we have the spark of a wet match and Newcastle didnt really have to do anything special to score 4 goals.

It just looks like we have far too much arrogance and think we don't need to do a great deal to win a match - just pass it sideways constantly and the other team will make a mistake, no creativity or ingenuity from anyone.

For some reason we have completely changed our style of play from the beginning of the season as we used to genuinely be exciting and entertaining to watch, kinda like what West Ham & Villa are like now. It seems as if we got so much of a buffer in the league and and are now just trying to play out the season.

Stinks of arrogance and I don't understand why we don't start like a train and then once we have a lead, slow it down and play the dull stuff.

I find Maddison a disgrace. With the way he behaved and got himself a match ban (woo), you would thing that he would be trying on the pitch to send out a positive message about himself.
Has he done anything on the ptch since his return?

Get rid. Useless (apart form his cost £)

Dont forget we're also completely carrying a player who has offered little to nothing all year.

Right now, Vardy is a waste of a player on the pitch.

Absolutely horrendous. Worse than Bournemouth for me. I haven’t seen so passive, so utterly uncaring a performance as we were witness to tonight. The right questions won’t be asked so we will get the same old nonsense about trying hard etc but BR must know that it’s bollocks. He must otherwise he will never, ever be strong enough to win anything of note.

I hated that. I hated every minute of it. Not because we lost, I can take that, but because we didn’t show any kind of fight or want to improve. West Ham are showing twice the spirit we are and they totally get how hard they need to work. We seem to have got to an FA Cup final and think the job is done. We just want it given to us.

I haven’t felt so cold towards a bunch of our players for a long time but tonight I really hated their attitude. The sheer audacity to **** of to parties and then serve that up for their tens of thousands a week is ****ing horrifying.

Lots if them are looking for their move to a bigger pay cheque and it really showed.

Not many positives, Iheanacho scored a good goal again. That's about it.

We need Everton to do us a massive favour. They still have a potential European place to play for.

Only Albrighton and Iheanacho get a pass from me tonight. Both just about did enough.

The rest were a mess. 10 shots between them from Vardy (4) and Maddison (6) and not one of them looked anything like a goal. That's a big problem, two key forward players woefully out of form.

Maddison is a waste of a jersey right now. Earlier this season he was playing the player everyone seems to think he, or at least can/could be. But now he is abysmal. And I don’t care if it’s because of an injury. Whatever the reason is HE SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING!

Vardy is now a detriment to the team. I’m not talking about the Vardy who scored 100 Premier Leauge goals, or the Vardy who scored in a record consecutive number of games, I’m talking about the Vardy of 2021. Yes, he may occasionally still create the odd goal. Playing his position he’s bound to be involved in a goal now and then. But for the most part it’s like playing with 10 men. I flippantly made a joke in the pre-match thread about Ihenacho looking his best as a lone frontman; he was basically that this evening.

Why are we so easy to cut through with one pass? It happened numerous times this evening. Palace scored that way and cut us open again and would have got a point (or three) had their midfielder not shot himself. I know there are other examples.

I don’t have the answers as to how to fix the obvious problems at the club. And it’s becoming increasingly obvious that the man who is paid to come up with the answers doesn’t either. We can only keep flirting with the top four and ultimately failing/bottling it before we become the next Southampton.

And Ricardo, WTF was that this evening? He did have a hand in a goal though to be fair to him.

Maddison is a waste of a jersey right now. Earlier this season he was playing the player everyone seems to think he, or at least can/could be. But now he is abysmal. And I don’t care if it’s because of an injury. Whatever the reason is HE SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING!

Vardy is now a detriment to the team. I’m not talking about the Vardy who scored 100 Premier Leauge goals, or the Vardy who scored in a record consecutive number of games, I’m talking about the Vardy of 2021. Yes, he may occasionally still create the odd goal. Playing his position he’s bound to be involved in a goal now and then. But for the most part it’s like playing with 10 men. I flippantly made a joke in the pre-match thread about Ihenacho looking his best as a lone frontman; he was basically that this evening.

Why are we so easy to cut through with one pass? It happened numerous times this evening. Palace scored that way and cut us open again and would have got a point (or three) had their midfielder not shot himself. I know there are other examples.

I don’t have the answers as to how to fix the obvious problems at the club. And it’s becoming increasingly obvious that the man who is paid to come up with the answers doesn’t either. We can only keep flirting with the top four and ultimately failing/bottling it before we become the next Southampton.

And Ricardo, WTF was that this evening? He did have a hand in a goal though to be fair to him.

Which goal? He went off before we scored.

Evans looked horrified.

Pissing away that blokes last chance of the CL by playing like entitled superstars.

Hope he chins one of them to make a point.

Maddison and Vardy will start the Cup Final. In all likelihood they’ll start at Old Trafforf too. Because it would take a manager with balls to drop them. A manger who would have to answer questions form the national media who would see that a big deal. If we’re 3-0 he might, maybe, take one of them off for Luke Thomas. But they’ll start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263