Post Match Leicester 2 Nottingham Forest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick transcript?

Said he wasnlt going to waste time talking to the ref. That ref's should have to come on tv post match and explain decisions like that and the ref snatched 2 points from us today. Also blamed the linesman and the 4th official for not reversing the decision but I don't agree with him on that one.

I doubt the linesman could see their penalty and the ref would always overrule anyway because he was closer and had a 'better' view

A quick transcript?

I didn't catch the Sky interview, but on RL he basically told Stringer that he thinks Beagrie is a numpty. Said Beagrie is just an 'overpaid punter' and he has no idea about the game if he thought Forest deserved their penalty.

I didn't suggest it was - but that is not the point. The laughter was what I was drawing your attention to - you obviously missed it.

I heard it.....there was nothing wrong with it. It was a laughable claim. What's wrong with a commentator laughing?

Last edited:
Fair play to Sean O'Driscoll, who says they were lucky:

Nottingham Forest manager Sean O'Driscoll: "We got lucky. We are thankful for the result and now it's back to the drawing board. I don't think it was a penalty. I can't run on the pitch and say don't give it. He [Anthony Taylor] is a Premier League referee and he'll have to have a look at it and explain why he gave it."

I didn't catch the Sky interview, but on RL he basically told Stringer that he thinks Beagrie is a numpty. Said Beagrie is just an 'overpaid punter' and he has no idea about the game if he thought Forest deserved their penalty.

I didn't get that....he alluded to that on the Sky interview saying your pundits can say what they like. At the end of the day Beagrie agreed with him on the decision but Beagrie is right in saying that Whitbread shouldn't be going to ground there. Although the decision was wrong I'd be annoyed with Whitbread if I was Pearson

Said he wasnlt going to waste time talking to the ref. That ref's should have to come on tv post match and explain decisions like that and the ref snatched 2 points from us today.

I agree strongly with this notion. I absolutely think refs should be made available to the press. They have a job, it often impacts the game, why are they wrapped in cotton wool? I actually think it's a really good point.

I agree strongly with this notion. I absolutely think refs should be made available to the press. They have a job, it often impacts the game, why are they wrapped in cotton wool? I actually think it's a really good point.

I agree with you. I think they should be accountable for mistakes and hold their hands up and have to stand up to scrutiny post match. I think it would help the respect campaign if they did too

I agree with you. I think they should be accountable for mistakes and hold their hands up and have to stand up to scrutiny post match. I think it would help the respect campaign if they did too

You can't respect someone who never has to be accountable for their actions or decisions. They never have to apologise and I doubt he'll even think about it again.

bad decisions from ref just happens to be today's excuse to veil the on-going issue that we're not coverting enough of the chances we're creating

If this was a high profile Premier League game the ref/FA would probably issue an apology in the week. We won't get one though I'm sure.

To be honest, while I would be interested to hear refs try and defend their crap decisions, it still wouldn't help us after the game anyway!

To be honest, while I would be interested to hear refs try and defend their crap decisions, it still wouldn't help us after the game anyway!

Accountability will lead to improved performance.

And blue, you're half right. The ref was shit and it wasn't a pen, but we should have been out of sight.

Shagbone will give Nige's car a quick wipe over and then go out and spendhis play bonus (= to my weeks income) on a bite of supper

Quote of the day from Mr. Goodman:

Commenting on Lansbury as he was coming on, "He's got legs"

Yes, Don. He does indeed have legs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675