Post Match Leicester 2 Sheffield United 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my note on the manager: he probably secured his job yesterday.

had we lost we would have been in very real danger of tumbling out of Europe completely, which would have been inexcusable.

So fair play. He got a positive response from a very patched up side.

the United game is the one, isn’t it? We were so shit against them earlier in the season.

The reaction and performance from the players was the most pleasing aspect for me.

The way we crumbled against Bournemouth gave me real concerns they players were no longer playing for him or not buying in to what he is doing.

However, the way we responded yesterday clearly shows that isn't the case thankfully.

Combine that with the pressure we were under, a make shift defense and facing a team on top form, it really was a fantastic result.

Spurs & United will be different prospects though as they both have a lot more pace in their attacks than Sheff U which is a worry given our back line but we should definitely be seeing them giving it their all for the last 2 games.

The reaction and performance from the players was the most pleasing aspect for me.

The way we crumbled against Bournemouth gave me real concerns they players were no longer playing for him or not buying in to what he is doing.

However, the way we responded yesterday clearly shows that isn't the case thankfully.

Combine that with the pressure we were under, a make shift defense and facing a team on top form, it really was a fantastic result.

Spurs & United will be different prospects though as they both have a lot more pace in their attacks than Sheff U which is a worry given our back line but we should definitely be seeing them giving it their all for the last 2 games.

Agreed. Blades were a good side for us to play against because they don't have a lot of pace aside from Mousset who I believe started on the bench.

Lucas, Son, Martial, Rashford, Greenwood are significantly more challenging threats, especially against the back 3. The stupidity of Soyuncu has made those two games especially difficult.

Exactly this. The Europa League is the 2nd best cup in Europe. Which happens to contain the best leagues and best clubs in the world. It's valuable. Not to mention that it once again reminds fans around that world that we are an important club.

I obviously still want Champions League because it's a bigger achievement and its not as easy to get into. There's absolutely no reason why we cannot finish 3rd. It's in our hands to finish 4th and quite possible that Chelsea lose against Liverpool so maybe, just maybe we can finish 3rd.

If we beat Spurs and Man Utd lose vs West Ham. Then unless Man Utd beat us by more than 4 goals we finish at least 4th.

But of course if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bike. We wait and see.

My Auntie Meryl didn't have wheels. She was a complete bike though.

From the BBC:

"There is a possibility only the top three would qualify for the Champions League - if the two major European club trophies are both won by English teams who finish outside this season's top four.

Why? Because there can be a maximum of five English teams in the Champions League. So if Chelsea win the Champions League and Wolves or Manchester United win the Europa League - and neither finish in the top four - then both sides would qualify for next season's Champions League and fourth place in the Premier League would only earn a Europa League spot."

From the BBC:

"There is a possibility only the top three would qualify for the Champions League - if the two major European club trophies are both won by English teams who finish outside this season's top four.

Why? Because there can be a maximum of five English teams in the Champions League. So if Chelsea win the Champions League and Wolves or Manchester United win the Europa League - and neither finish in the top four - then both sides would qualify for next season's Champions League and fourth place in the Premier League would only earn a Europa League spot."
Yep, although Chelsea being 3-0 down to Bayern, after the home leg, would make that extremely unlikely.

If united need to beat us by 3 goals then it may actually play into our hands where they will have to leave gaps at the back. More space for Vardy to run into and potentially left one on one with one of the centre halves.

If united need to beat us by 3 goals then it may actually play into our hands where they will have to leave gaps at the back. More space for Vardy to run into and potentially left one on one with one of the centre halves.

If they do need to beat us by 3 it'll be worth a punt on 5 or more penalties being given. Maybe in the opening minute.

I don’t think they were playing for him in that second half and they were probably as baffled and as pissed off as the rest of us for what he did at half-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566