Post Match Leicester 2 Sheffield Wednesday 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well most of the people around me were very happy to hear the final whistle after the last 10 mins or so.

Pearson does seem to have a thing about Knocky and he always gives him a special hug at the end

It was hilarious to watch - he just grabbed his face and kissed him.. I almost spat my red wine out.

That's several games in a row that the opposition have "had a right go" and played their best in a while, or best all season, and we still keep getting results.

I love Nigel Pearson and would gladly have his children.

Thank **** we had the super duper all-star team playing tonight otherwise it would have never have been such a convincing victory with our no-hope duffers from Tuesday night!

Can someone purlease tell me what all the talk of Milan use about?

I disagree with all this we ere lucky business. Wednesday were all over he place at the beginning and being 4-0 up after half an hour wouldn't have flattered us. After their goal, completely against the run of play, they settled down and looked a lot better, but it was only because of our wasteful finishing early on that game wasn't completely out of sight and we ended up having to grind it out.

Last edited:
Knocky and Mahrez were excellent, as was Morgan who covered for the shocking Wasssa all night. Jebus, he was poor. Wood also did well

The rest were a big fat meh. But who gives a shit? At this point of the season it's just about the result.

Special mention, though, for GTF who waddled aimlessly over the pitch like a big useless tub of lard. He was comedy gold

Onwards, upwards, and promoted. Lovely

Last edited:
I know I have already said it already but for me Riyad looks something really special. His ability on the ball is fantastic and his goal was top class. When he runs with the ball he looks a real threat and what also impresses me is his willingness to work back to win the ball back. I think he will get a fair bit of coverage in the Premier.

Someone mentioned Pearson hugging Milan.

I disagree with all this we ere lucky business. Wednesday were all over he place at the beginning and being 4-0 up after half an hour wouldn't have flattered us. After their goal, completely against the run of play, they settled down and looked a lot better, but it was only because of our wasteful finishing early on that game wasn't completely out of sight and we ended up having to grind it out.

Completely agree.

Erm, think I watched a different game..

Sheff Wed were not interested until the last 10 minutes, they were a side playing for nothing and stood off us all game. I didn't think we were shit but we were narrow and passed the ball badly compared to usual.

Surprised at people saying we were lucky to come away with the points, Sheff Wed certainly didn't deserve them.

We did enough to win, nothing more, nothing less. It was our third game in six days, late in a season where most of the players have appeared in a lot of matches. We're already up and there isn't a huge amount to play for. I'm not really expecting champagne football and it would be wrong to do so. The job is done, they're marking time to the summer where they can spend their new contracts/bonus's on exotic holidays and ostentatious motors.

Their goalscorer Antonio was a good player but they had precious little else. It was pleasing to see that Twattock remains a hapless shadow of his potential young self. Kirkland took up an odd position a couple of yards off his line for the free kick and I don't think it was a sensible decision. Kasper and De Laet should have done better with their goal.

The key stat from the match was that we equalled our club record 27th league win in a season from 2008/9. Obviously, this surpasses the previous occasion being at the higher level.

Over recent games, I've been looking at players with a view towards whether they've got the attributes to cope against better quality opponents. Defensively, we're going to need serious reinforcements. We need at least three new defenders. De Laet isn't a good enough defender and Wasyl will collect yellow/red cards like nectar points. If you could merge Schlupp and Konchesky into one player, he'd be fine. But individually, I can see both being exposed. Moore is weak marking at set pieces and can be exposed positionally despite his potential. Better quality players will expose him unless he improves markedly again next season.

We're going to have to play an extra man in midfield too, especially if we want to use two wingers. I think we've got some real quality in midfield but could do with two more seriously good players in there as options - one defensive, one creative. Hopefully, at least one of Knockaert and Mahrez will thrive at the higher level. Drinkwater and James can compete at any level for me.

We need to invest heavily in a quality striker that can lead the line alone preferably with pace/power because we've not got a lot of that from Nugent/Wood. We'll need another keeper too but just an oldie on a free will do if Kasper stays.

Last edited:
Traditionally, teams often raise their game when up against Top opposition.....so this means that individual players also up their game & I wouldn´t put it past several of our players achieving this in the prem. Moore, Schlupp, Knocky & Mahrez in particular, being as they are youthful & quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669