Post Match Leicester 2 Sheffield Wednesday 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Views from oooopp north

Looks like Leicester are going to need some serious surgery on that team in the summer, that defence will bring them straight back down, and Schmeichel is at best a Championship keeper. The clumsy centre half that helped Antonio to the floor, then was all over the owls player in the penalty box, looks a disaster waiting to happen!

Good response from the owls tonight after the Watford battering.

Last edited:
Anyone see Person's comments? These are from twitter

@OfficialFOXES: NP: "Result's great, most important thing. Showed we're human. Didn't sparkle, but did what was needed to win games." #lcfcvswfc

@OfficialFOXES: NP: "Thought we deserved it tonight. Nearly there now, held up our side of the bargain and we'll see what happens." #lcfcvswfc

@OfficialFOXES: NP: "Won't be watching tomorrow. Might be on the bike, might be in the pub! I'll see the players Monday, we go again Tuesday." #lcfcvswfc

Yabasshabbasooooooo

Pearson on his bike. How a lot would have cheered had that been a reality almost a year ago.

:D

Sorry people, I watched a match of passion. I didn't see tired legs, I saw an opposition who'd had the fear of God put into them. They gave absolutely everything to try to come away with a point or more. And I saw a side that withstood everything thrown at them and have the class to stand above.

Well done Wednesday for providing a thrilling match, more akin to a cup tie than the league. And well done to Pearson, a man who can remain so ****ing calm children could go out on pedalos on him.

Three points, pints of wine and I've hugged everyone who didn't want a hug.

We weren't great, but frankly at this point of the season I don't expect the players to be closing down every pass and chasing the ball all over the place. They look knackered, but a happy kind of knackered, like when you spend ages travelling to get to a lovely holiday destination. Thankfully, there is enough quality and raw skill to make up for tired legs.

The goals were magnificent, the first encapsulated what we're all about, the second was a really smart free kick. Knockaert had a little peek round the wall, saw Kirkland slightly off his line and placed his shot beautifully.

The back four did well against a strong and fast bunch of forwards, although I was slightly annoyed that Ritchie didn't prevent their goal. Seeing Antonio only once should give you the requisite knowledge of what his game is all about, he's basically Andros Townsend but right footed.

Kasper made some splendid saves at the end.

:D

Sorry people, I watched a match of passion. I didn't see tired legs, I saw an opposition who'd had the fear of God put into them. They gave absolutely everything to try to come away with a point or more. And I saw a side that withstood everything thrown at them and have the class to stand above.

Well done Wednesday for providing a thrilling match, more akin to a cup tie than the league. And well done to Pearson, a man who can remain so ****ing calm children could go out on pedalos on him.

Three points, pints of wine and I've hugged everyone who didn't want a hug.
I would have wanted one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670