Post Match Leicester 2 Southampton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnes is recognising his potential and turning into some player. He has the absolute right to stick two fingers up to Gray and say “that’s how you do it you ****ing leech”
But why would he do that?

Perhaps Barnes just had more potential to recognize than Gray. And is it leeching if your employer agrees to pay you a wage for a set period of time and you pick it up?

Just seen the highlights on MotD. Accomplished finishes from both players. Harvey in particular took his brilliantly.
I think I might have guffawed at someone for suggesting it but the last few games have perhaps leaned towards our Vardy replacement already being in our squad less ridiculous. Barnes’ positioning is very good.... could he?

But why would he do that?

Perhaps Barnes just had more potential to recognize than Gray. And is it leeching if your employer agrees to pay you a wage for a set period of time and you pick it up?
No I know he wouldn’t. But I was trying to inject a bit of humour into my point that he’s progressed far beyond Gray now.

Albrighton was the best player on the pitch for me and by quite a way. I thought Ndidi wasn't his imperious self in the first half as he gave to ball away a few times but he was better in the second as they all were.

Soyuncu was absolutely immense and that was a very, very good decision. Other than Vardy who, on another day, could've had a couple, everyone did well.

I don't agree that Castagne looked rusty. I thought he was back to his excellent self today. Really got us moving forward and looked strong defensive. A word on Justin as well; he is so much more of a player than Chilwell. He may not be as good in some areas but his versatility and his confidence on the ball is sublime. He is a much better defender, that's for sure. I'm pretty confident he wouldn't pussy out of taking a throw in at Millwall either, in case someone hurt his feelings.

Just seen the highlights on MotD. Accomplished finishes from both players. Harvey in particular took his brilliantly.
I think I might have guffawed at someone for suggesting it but the last few games have perhaps leaned towards our Vardy replacement already being in our squad less ridiculous. Barnes’ positioning is very good.... could he?
last 12 games, started 10, 2 sub appearances, 7 goals

I actually really enjoyed the game tonight. I don’t think we were shite at any point- I thought Saints were good. We played a passing game with some beautiful layoffs at times. No one player was shocking. The one downer for me was Vardy’s finishing- 7 shots and no goals. But come on, he is the greatest player to ever don a Leicester City shirt - he’s allowed an off day! Well played lads. On tonight’s showing we can turn over Chelsea, provided we haven’t exhausted our first team.

Was Fofana injured tonight then?

Seemed to jog off OK and didn't look like he went straight in for treatment.

PS - that took me a couple of mins to work out who you mean by LW!...

This quote from Kasper made me chuckle....

"I don't look at the table. It doesn't mean anything at this stage. We'll see when it comes to the business end.

"It's a big couple of days for the club. It was important to start with three points. The league is so tight that six points can be the difference between first or second and seventh or eighth."

I enjoyed the game too. Opta are generous in thinking that a couple of Vardy's headers we actually misses. Over the last couple of months I think Barnes has blossomed. He seems much more composed, when he's closed down.
My greatest bugbear is Kasper's distribution. Many moon's ago his ball from hand was sublime. When he involves his feet it scares the shit out of me.

I thought Albrighton was the best player on the pitch, especially in the second half and I thought Tielemans didn't have one of his better games, even with the assists. That being said it was overall a fairly good team performance against a pretty decent team.

As far as Danny Higginbotham who is one of the pundits on NBCSN over here is concerned, Leicester aren't real title challengers because of the depth of the squad. He reckons that if there were a few injuries to the team that played today we'd struggle, WTF?

I thought Albrighton was the best player on the pitch, especially in the second half and I thought Tielemans didn't have one of his better games, even with the assists. That being said it was overall a fairly good team performance against a pretty decent team.

As far as Danny Higginbotham who is one of the pundits on NBCSN over here is concerned, Leicester aren't real title challengers because of the depth of the squad. He reckons that if there were a few injuries to the team that played today we'd struggle, WTF?

I’ve enjoyed Higginbotham but that was a load of shit today. “What happens if Vardy, Barnes and Maddison get injured”
What would happen to any club who lost players of that calibre?

I’ve enjoyed Higginbotham but that was a load of shit today. “What happens if Vardy, Barnes and Maddison get injured”
What would happen to any club who lost players of that calibre?
he's just a United fan boy that can't get work in the UK

Gotta say I do love it when Ally McCoist is co-commentating - really funny guy and talks a good game too imo.

Anyway, came here to post this as I missed it after the game.

He gets a bit of stick on here at times for non footballing reasons but personally, I think he is one of the best and most interesting footballers to hear in interviews. Also comes across very level headed and just someone who absolutely loves playing football.

These really are special times for us having so many high quality players!

Was Fofana injured tonight then?

Seemed to jog off OK and didn't look like he went straight in for treatment.

PS - that took me a couple of mins to work out who you mean by LW!...
Physically at least, no....

Went straight to the very back of the subs seating area, without any of the usual fist pumps, celebratory slaps etc and buried his head in a snood.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566