Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, the only defensive additions we need is a top quality wing back.

We'll keep playing the 3 CBs next season, only because they are all too good not to play if fit, but I think we really need to move away from it as we were much better and exciting to watch in the 4-1-2-3 formation.

The 3 CBs can be useful in the games we will see less of the ball but we need to be a hell of a lot better going forward.

Apart from Barnes, we don't have another player who can get the ball and run at defenders with it.

So, we missed out on the top 4 to the 2 champions league finalists, the Europa league finalist and last season's premier league winner.
Yes, that's what's so upsetting. That vile cartel of plastic teams has slithered their way into the top 4 again when we could have deprived one of them of it. And we had every chance to do so but ****ed it up every time. That's why it hurts, despite the fact we won an unrelated trophy last week

Yes, that's what's so upsetting. That vile cartel of plastic teams has slithered their way into the top 4 again when we could have deprived one of them of it. And we had every chance to do so but ****ed it up every time. That's why it hurts, despite the fact we won an unrelated trophy last week

It’s just flatly not unrelated though is it?

Surely Bodgers wouldn't actually go to them after today's performance and with them falling to bits. He would be vilified forever, and not just from us.

What can he achieve with us that he hasn't already? That's the key to whether or not he stays IMO. We've ****ed top 4 twice and I'd be amazed if players like Youri and Wilf don't want to step up. I think his next move will be massively influenced by who wants to leave. It all went tits up when Suarez left Liverpool....

Tbh, the only defensive additions we need is a top quality wing back.

We'll keep playing the 3 CBs next season, only because they are all too good not to play if fit, but I think we really need to move away from it as we were much better and exciting to watch in the 4-1-2-3 formation.

The 3 CBs can be useful in the games we will see less of the ball but we need to be a hell of a lot better going forward.

Apart from Barnes, we don't have another player who can get the ball and run at defenders with it.
If he’s sticking with a back 3, and we have Castagne (a much much better full-back/wing-back) and Ndidi (a much much better midfielder) as the only backup that he’s willing to play there, we absolutely need another top quality centre-half.

Re. Ndidi I think he did well again. Much rather him at the back than Bombscare Amartey, particularly as Soyuncu is prone to a bout of bombscarity every now and then.

We'll probably end up selling one now to make up financially for missing out. It would be against our transfer strategy to let more than one leave. Could be Tielemans. I've no doubt he likes it here and probably wants to stay but he'll want to be playing amongst the best in the Champions League too. Personally I don't think he's irreplaceable so if big money comes in and he wants to go, let him go. He deserves a new contract though if he does want to stay so we'll just have to see how it pans out..

This isn’t excusing today’s defeat, we had it in our hands and I’m as gutted as anyone .

but the fact is for the past few weeks we’ve not been a top four side in quality.

Love him but Albrighton shouldn’t be a starter in a top four side. Neither should Thomas, yet. without Evans our centre defence hasn’t been top four. Our attacking options from the bench have been Perez, and a woefully out of form Maddison or Ricardo. No idea what has happened to Praet.

The only part of our team that has been top four quality over the spring has been Wilf and Youri.

said this before, but the last two seasons just reinforce what a miracle 2016 and our fitness levels were a huge part of that as we didn’t need to rely on Amartey, Gray, Marcin or Dyer.

Oh and yes we lost silly games all season long. So did all the other teams in the league. Let’s not pretend we were the only ones doing it and that makes us bottlers.

Looking forward I think as a minimum for next season we need two strikers (sell Nacho), 2 wingers (sell Perez) another central midfielder and another centre back...

If we can keep everyone else then it should be another good season..

This isn’t excusing today’s defeat, we had it in our hands and I’m as gutted as anyone .

but the fact is for the past few weeks we’ve not been a top four side in quality.

Love him but Albrighton shouldn’t be a starter in a top four side. Neither should Thomas, yet. without Evans our centre defence hasn’t been top four. Our attacking options from the bench have been Perez, and a woefully out of form Maddison or Ricardo. No idea what has happened to Praet.

The only part of our team that has been top four quality over the spring has been Wilf and Youri.

said this before, but the last two seasons just reinforce what a miracle 2016 and our fitness levels were a huge part of that as we didn’t need to rely on Amartey, Gray, Marcin or Dyer.

Oh and yes we lost silly games all season long. So did all the other teams in the league. Let’s not pretend we were the only ones doing it and that makes us bottlers.
I totally agree

Our home form has cost us a fair few points hasn’t it. I agree with this post. We don’t have the depth of talent. To be top 4 you have to pretty much turn up every week. We haven’t been at our best for a while now.

Realistic options for Youri:

- Liverpool. Can’t see it as they have a lot of midfield options and he will need to start.

- Chelsea. Possible in theory, but surely they aren’t coming back to us again?

- Man City. Don’t see it, especially after Kane

- Man Utd. Possible, depends on if they can shift Pogba

- Madrid. Can’t afford him

- Barcelona. Same.

- PSG. Possible, I suppose.

- Bayern. Possible I suppose.

So he will have a few suiters, but I’m not sure he’s priority A for anybody. Wilf, on the other hand.

I'd be happier with being in the Europa league if I thought we would actually try and win it, but I guarantee we will **** it off just after the group stage again.
I actually would bin the EL off and go for top 4.
EL is a physically sapping horror of a competition without rewards unless you win it which takes a huge squad. CL on the other hand gives you £60m regardless of being dicked out of it early.

Anyone who thinks we didn't bottle that was watching a different game. CL in general had we won today I'd probably accept we fell short....but chelsea losing and we just had to keep it 2-1 against spurs? Now that's a bottling.

Anyone who thinks we didn't bottle that was watching a different game. CL in general had we won today I'd probably accept we fell short....but chelsea losing and we just had to keep it 2-1 against spurs? Now that's a bottling.
Perhaps it was and perhaps it wasn’t. It has happened and we will just have to move on.

Perhaps it was and perhaps it wasn’t. It has happened and we will just have to move on.

Condeding a goal every 5 minutes at the end would suggest it was....can't be much argument surely?

Is it bottling it if you have a youth team player at left back, a right midfielder playing right wing back, your defensive midfielder forced to play centre back and your main striker and creative midfielder clearly carrying injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669