Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Abe's cross for Beckford's goal was by far the best cross any LCFC player has made this season, very difficult to defend

Would have been very difficult for Beckford to have missed as well - that's how good a cross it was.

First half it looked like another 4 goal thrashing was on the cards but in the second half Watford stepped it up

Did they? Or did we settle for what we had thinking the game was won?

It's the latter, or at least the crowd thinking that, that causes all of the moaning and anxiety!

Because we need to start getting a settled team together that can challenge the top teams in the division, an awful 2nd half against a team bereft of any ability isn't going to help us when we hit the real challenges. If West Ham sent a scout to the game they will be laughing at the 'challenge' from city in 10 days time.

Coasting along with a few decent performers papering over the cracks is not the football we need to make a serious challenge but maybe it's just Sven trying to be clever

If the instruction at half time was to see the game out and don't do anything stupid then I'd say we had a fantastic second half.

It was a similar game to our wins over Derby last year. We controlled the first half very comfortably and let the opposition run themselves into the ground in in the second.

I thought SSL did well. He only looked 'shaky' when he was mopping up behind the midfield's missed headers. Bamba usually attacks the longer kicks, which are easier to control than the reaction-type that SSL was left to deal with. He looked very good on the ball as well, not afraid to try and play a pass.

There were several occasions during the match where we had posession in our half and their defensive line was 5 yards from half way, crying out for someone to put a ball over the top for Beckford or Nugent to chase but we didn't try it once. The only ball over the top to speak of was one that put Abe into the corner just after HT. I appreciate that Sven likes the possession football, and it works well, but when you have strikers like ours you need to use them to your advantage occasionally.

Johnson looked very tidy, very comfortbale on the ball. I always thought he was more of an attacking player if I'm honest but he seems to keep things together in the deeper role.

3 points, clean sheet, lets move on.

Why some fans want the players to exhaust themselves by going 100% all game is beyond me

Perhaps because many times in the past we have seen us in a similar situation and go on to throw away a couple (or even three) points.

We have all seen our beloved team clutch defeat from the jaws of victory.

If the instruction at half time was to see the game out and don't do anything stupid then I'd say we had a fantastic second half.

How many times have we done that in the past only for the opposition to grab a goal (even a fluke) and then the entire scenario changes.

I've seen it before too many times and as such I want us to go and get a third and a fourth just to make sure there is no way back for the opposition.

How many times have we done that in the past only for the opposition to grab a goal (even a fluke) and then the entire scenario changes.

I've seen it before too many times and as such I want us to go and get a third and a fourth just to make sure there is no way back for the opposition.

The only time we have done that this season is against Forest and we know the circumstances there. This season we seem much more in control and appear to have a lot more concentration.

I'd have to agree, this was the most depressing win I've ever seen, we made hard work of beating a truly awful team and I can't see any sign of tactics or a 'way of playing' emerging. If we continue playing like this we will huff and puff to 6-10 in the league which really isn't very good when you look at the squad we have.

Looking forward to better on Saturday.

When we are playing three games in a week, what could be better than a comfortable 2-0 win?

We did what we had to do; no point in running ourselves into the ground late in he second half when the game was effectively won.

The only time we have done that this season is against Forest and we know the circumstances there. This season we seem much more in control and appear to have a lot more concentration.

When I used the word 'past' I was going back a lot further than just this season!

And on another note that's seven clean sheets in twelve games. If we keep that ratio up I think we will be in the top two.

Under Sven? Only once that I can remember and that was down to individul mistakes.

When I used the word 'past' I was going back a lot further than just this season!

Different teams in different times, can hardly be compared.

One thing seriously pissed me off about last nights game, and It was that arse Young calling Beckford 'Mr Beckford' at every ****ing opportunity.

I agree that at 2-0 we did not need to run ourselves into the ground, but that does not excuse a lot of woeful passing in the second half that went astray. Watford helped out by always passing the ball back to us though!

Still not certain of Beckford. He obviously has pace when he chooses to use it. Not convinced he is a complete team player yet. Maybe we need to get the ball in front of him more to run on to? Nugent is class, as is Johnson now he is fit. Bamba is magic. Made no more errors than anyone else did. Has never played or lost a bad ball that led to an opposition goal scoring opportunity. Always tries to play football and 'hoof' with head or foot is a very last resort, even when his own team are yelling at him. For me he is always first pick on the teamsheet along with Schmeichel, who had to make one amazing save last night that his dad would have been very proud of.

I agree that at 2-0 we did not need to run ourselves into the ground, but that does not excuse a lot of woeful passing in the second half that went astray. Watford helped out by always passing the ball back to us though!

Still not certain of Beckford. He obviously has pace when he chooses to use it. Not convinced he is a complete team player yet. Maybe we need to get the ball in front of him more to run on to? Nugent is class, as is Johnson now he is fit. Bamba is magic. Made no more errors than anyone else did. Has never played or lost a bad ball that led to an opposition goal scoring opportunity. Always tries to play football and 'hoof' with head or foot is a very last resort, even when his own team are yelling at him. For me he is always first pick on the teamsheet along with Schmeichel, who had to make one amazing save last night that his dad would have been very proud of.

That save wasn't that good.

I don't know why people are worrying so much about a subdued display last night. No, we didn't score the 4 or 5 goals which looked like they were there for the taking, but at the same time the result never looked in doubt. We've already shown that we raise our game against the better teams in this division, so all that matters is that we continue to grind out the results against the shite teams in this league - something that we have already failed to do against Bristol City and Forest. I see no reason why we can't go to West Ham in 10 days and get at least a draw, and I am sure that they will still consider it one of their hardest matches of the season whether they attended last night or not.

It's the results that matter.

This is the problem with Leicester fans, they start expecting 4 or 5 and thinking we are much better than we actually are.

Only when we do score 4 or 5 will half of them offer any support, basically when it isn't needed.

This is the problem with Leicester fans, they start expecting 4 or 5 and thinking we are much better than we actually are.

What a load of cobblers

This is the post match thread, where we simply come on to offer a fan's opinion of the game. My post was an exact summary

I don't expect us to score four or five, nor would that affect the way I support the team.

I simply do not particulalry enjoy watching 45 minutes of dreadful football which was hardly fit for the Blue Square Premier League - doesn't mean I'm not absolutely delighted with three points, or anything else for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669