Status
Not open for further replies.
A few data points;

- 7 clean sheets in last 12 games
- 4th home win on the spin
- lost 1 of last 9(?) league games
- 2 points off the second automatic place
- only team to beat Southampton

So we didn't scorch the earth last night? 3 points, no injuries, another clean sheet, both strikers score. Lovely.

Hard for me to understand what the problem is. But then I wasn't there.

What a load of cobblers

I don't expect us to score four or five, nor would that affect the way I support the team.

Oh but there are plenty of ****ers who do, a huge amount in fact.

Personally I think it says a lot about this year's division. Very average in quality.

We could save even more by keeping the ball rather than chasing around Watford.

I agree with the second part and it pissed me off the amount of fans getting agitated around me when we kept possession by passing backwards.

I am all for passing amongst the backs waiting for a blue shirt to find some space. The problem in the second half was the woeful inaccuracy of many of the passes over just 10-15 yds.

Meh. I think you guys are overanalysing a comfortable victory.

As Hazzman says, very average division this season. Southampton look the only team of any worth so far, we could easily get automatic promotion without particuarly playing that well, Birmingham did it 2 or 3 seasons back, I think it could happen again this year.

A few data points;

-only team to have been beaten by Bristol City

So we didn't scorch the earth last night? 3 points, no injuries, another clean sheet, both strikers score. Lovely.

There are two problems - that of inconsistency and that of impatient fans. The real question is how much one affects the other.

Did you watch that game. Watford should have won it and your goal came from a complete balls up in defence. Go back to your relegation scrap :icon_wink
Course I did and so what, we did what was required in an ugly boring game and came away with 3 points.

To say how bad we are, we are only 8 points behind you lot

Course I did and so what, we did what was required in an ugly boring game and came away with 3 points.

To say how bad we are, we are only 8 points behind you lot

For what it's worth, I think you will pick up this season. You won't make the playoffs, but you'll be comfortably safe.

For what it's worth, I think you will pick up this season. You won't make the playoffs, but you'll be comfortably safe.
Playoffs ?? I will be deliriously happy mediocre midtable

Quality save, seen it very late and reacted superbly best save ive seen at the KP for a long time.

It was certainly a good and spectacular save.

However there was a different kind fo good goalkeeping in the first half when Kasper injured himself bravely saving at the feet of a forward. What I missed was what led to Kasper having to make that save. Can someone please inform me.

I thought that Johnson and Wellens justified their selection. For all Danns energy and commitment I think he may find it hard to displace either of them.

Bamba continues to amaze. It was disconcerting to realise that at one point our centre back had decided that he was a left winger and even more disconcerting when he did brilliantly there.

A few data points;

They are fairly impressive stats and considering our relatively poor start, it is quite something that if we win on Saturday, we could go second. I get the impression, that if we are to get promoted this season (and that is a big IF), it is going to be a scrap and there are going to be plenty of miserable, ugly performances like last nights second half.

It was certainly a good and spectacular save.

However there was a different kind fo good goalkeeping in the first half when Kasper injured himself bravely saving at the feet of a forward. What I missed was what led to Kasper having to make that save. Can someone please inform me.

I thought that Johnson and Wellens justified their selection. For all Danns energy and commitment I think he may find it hard to displace either of them.

Bamba continues to amaze. It was disconcerting to realise that at one point our centre back had decided that he was a left winger and even more disconcerting when he did brilliantly there.

The incident where Kasper saved at the players feet was the one mentioned earlier where SSL (according to the OP, but Konchelski from my point of view) tried to hoof it across goal and mis-hit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669