Post Match Leicester 2 West Bromwich Albion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall was happy with the performance we just didn't get the luck we needed to get all 3 points. Can't fault the lads as a whole. Thought Schmiechel could have done better with the first but can't fault his positioning for the free kick. That was the wall's side not the keeper's.

Thought Albrighton was hit and miss. Too many cross field passes to Mahrez went out for a goal kick in the first half but he was much improved in the second. Schlupp was great when he came on but Gray did look naive and out of place in the side.

2 points lost but don't feel terrible about it by any means

Other positives. Thought Simpson and Morgan were rock solid. Drinkwater was again great and King did fantastically well having not seen much action this season.

I've waited 40 years for this.Never once expected it to actually happen & if it doesn't happen this year it never will.This is our one & only chance.

Can’t fault your enthusiasm and passion… but some of us could’ve said we’ve been waiting even longer …we could also say we’ve never felt a level of stress like this before! Even so I’m not prepared to write off the rest of the season because of one draw.

You made some valid points but… ‘our one & only chance’???

Ranieri has said repeatedly this season that the club’s owners have a plan, they intend for Leicester City to be up there fighting at the top within three years of coming up, and then for many years to come… and at the moment this seems to be happening quicker than expected. I don’t fall into the old ‘it’ll all go back to normal next year’ category because so far the owners have delivered on their promises… so I expect us to be valid long term challengers, not just ‘one night stands’…especially as this season has accelerated our status and profile in 'world football' (...if not in the London piss holes that host the burnt out hacks of the public toilet media).

We’ve propelled ourselves from relegation fodder to league leaders inside 12 months, and taken everyone by surprise. It’ll take at least another good season, even if we win the bloody title, before the media really start to take us seriously. The reality is we’re still a 'novelty' in the ‘history’ of the Prem at the moment, so quite naturally you’d expect their public faces to be ‘plucky little Leicester’ because we’ve caught them all on the hop with their lazy ‘big teams always win’ predictions. Yes they’d love it if we finish fourth or worse… because then they’d feel vindicated and could stop shitting themselves.

Remember we still haven’t won it yet, we still haven’t lost it either. There are still 10 games to play for, and not just us but the other lot also have to play them too, despite all the expectations and bullshit bravado no one is guaranteed ‘predicted points’, this 'crazy season' (and Lawro) has proven that.

Of course I want us to win it, the majority of the public want us to win it… there’s a massive bandwagon overladen with well-wishers out there …but you’re right, we have to do the business before we can call ourselves ‘Title Winners’, and regardless what Raniari says to the media, and the perceived gulf in ‘world-class quality’ these boys wouldn’t be playing their hearts out if they didn’t want it.

Maybe we’re just not quite there yet, only time will tell. But we are still building and the difference in the quality of players we might be able to attract at the end of this HUGE season, will be a hell of a lot better than those we could’ve expected if we just scraped another 14th place, not to mention the massive development of many of our existing players. So the future looks positive to me. One thing is for sure, that is that the team we have at this moment deserve to win it, and given what I think is coming for the club this may be the only chance THEY as a team will get to win it.

As for tradition and history, I don’t really care about all the ‘who nearly won it’ crap, or even the ‘would it be a greater achievement than…’ crap, that’s just media bullshit to sell more bog papers. Why do we have to allow ourselves to be compared to ‘other clubs’ we’re Leicester City we’re top of the league, we should have a roller coaster ride named after us, we’re different, we do it our way, we’ve bucked all the trends, we’ve ****ed over all their trusty stats! Yes we’re entitled to be pissed off we didn’t win tonight, but we’re not Arse hole 'fans'… we’re not calling for Ranieri’s head …or posting thinly veiled pathetic threats and images of vacant nooses just because we could only manage a draw, or because a local rival club might finish above us for one season! (…on-line tonight, any Arse hole thread you care to google).

We’re making the best of what we’ve got …that’s why we’re where we are, and that’s why we have the most amazing support. So put on your positive hat, keep the faith and try to enjoy the ride… Foxes never quit, even when the odds are stacked against us, or in this case, when the odds are with us!!!

I’ve said for the last couple of months that we WILL win it… because I still think we can and I still think we will …I’m gonna look a right twat if we don’t, but I’m Leicester born and bred (...albeit I no longer live there!) so I don't have crystal balls but I’ll take whatever comes… as long as I know we’ve given our all. And I’m hoping for one hell of a party at the end of this season!

I know it sounds crazy but... We still might actually win it yet.

Understandably disappointing but not a big deal, we are not going to run away with the league, and there will likely be a few more 'disappointing' draws before the season is done. But Tottenham, Arsenal and Man City will have their share of disappointing draws too.

This is going to be a slog for all of the teams concerned, it's going to be difficult. Last nights result will hopefully serve to remind the players of that (if they needed it). It might also serve to motivate us, and take a bit of pressure off if we lose top spot tonight.

Don't panic, it's going to be tense for the next ten games.

Bar the first 20 minutes we played well.

We played well in spite of really missing N'Golo Kante. King did very well to deputise.

You know what: however this incredible season ends up **** me NO ONE can doubt our desire, work rate and commitment. We were incredible.

I don't fancy Spurs to win their next two games and I fancy us to beat Watford at the weekend so no damage done.

WBA were very good and we were very unlucky.

It was a terrific match. Two honest teams going at each other with everything they've got. English football at its best.

I hate the way we defend free kicks like the one last night. Gardner hit it perfectly but even if he'd hit it half as good, it was still going in. It reminded me so much of the Burnley goal at the same end last season. It was so easy and obvious. There must be a better way of defending them.

Rondon completely out-played and out-muscled Huth in the first half. In the second, thankfully Morgan took over and their battle was immense. On that evidence, I'd take Rondon any day. He's an outstanding forward.

It was Drinkwater's best ever game for City. He was everywhere and seemed to up his game without his usual partner. I also thought Albrighton was fantastic.

The substitutions worked on Saturday but not last night. I guess that's how it goes. Four points from those two matches is just about what we deserved and is no disgrace.

Our three rivals now get two shots each at closing the gap. If we kick off on Saturday still top, it will be a bonus. However, if we play like we did last night ten more times, someone is going to have to be pretty special to finish above us.

Spurs are unbeaten in their last six since losing to us. Like us they've lost only three all season. I think they'll edge West Ham but the Arsenal game could go either way. They've also got quite a difficult April lined up. Hopefully we can do it but at least get that Champions League place...!

Hope it wont throw us off our stride if we drop off top spot.

"They didn't just play with pride in the shirt, but they also put in some fantastic football."
5Live.

Leicester City are an old-fashioned team in some ways. They play through the pitch quickly, they get the ball wide and they get bodies in the box. They play really exciting football. The way the team is set up, the balance, the enthusiasm, the commitment, every Leicester City supporter should be proud of their team. They’re fantastic – their effort, their energy, they never stop. We’ve done brilliantly and it’s a fantastic point for us but now the game’s over I hope Leicester win the league. I am supporting Leicester from now until the end of the season.”
Tony Pulis.

"They didn't just play with pride in the shirt, but they also put in some fantastic football."
5Live.

Leicester City are an old-fashioned team in some ways. They play through the pitch quickly, they get the ball wide and they get bodies in the box. They play really exciting football. The way the team is set up, the balance, the enthusiasm, the commitment, every Leicester City supporter should be proud of their team. They’re fantastic – their effort, their energy, they never stop. We’ve done brilliantly and it’s a fantastic point for us but now the game’s over I hope Leicester win the league. I am supporting Leicester from now until the end of the season.”
Tony Pulis.

Lovely to read comments like that. I've suddenly discovered I like Tony Pulis.

I think it's the first time this season we have played well enough to win and actually haven't.

It happens to all teams at some point. Important we get a positive result on Saturday....not sure I can stomach the media coverage if we lose that.

Would be nice to give someone an absolute pasting as well and gain ground on Spurs GD which is essentially worth an extra point...

5Live.

Tony Pulis.
Like Hector I had my doubts about Pulis, but his comments have shown a different side to his usual dour persona. I would guess that City are his dream team as they show every characteristic he admires and his comments bear this out. So thank you Tony I hope we manage your and our dream.

I'd love us to win the league. It would expect the 4th greatest thing that has ever happened in my life. But for me it has never been the be all and end all of this run. Top 3 and instant qualification for 6 Champs League games is the main thing in my opinion, as well as the long term growth of the club that we love. Champs Lge qualification is the real game changer there. Not winning the title.
It's what Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton have spent YEARS obsessing over and we'll have done it in one season. The £65m additional money, additional commercial revenue and the chance to attract the additional players we want to add to the squad will mean we can establish ourselves for a long term stay in the top flight. Something we've barely ever achieved before.
We probably need another 4 or 5 wins MAX to secure Top 3 the way things are going, and I believe we have that in us. Starting at Watford we need to play smart and back ourselves like we have all year. In many ways I think away games are easier for us than home at the moment as our flair players get more space on the ball to hurt opponents.
Newcastle, Palace and Saints are not going to to just sit and shut up shop as they dont/can't play in that way - so I'm pretty confident that even if we slip up in one game we'll take at least 7 points from the next 12.
I don't think anyone else will take many more than that in the top 4 and so I expect us still to be top by the end of March at which point we can really have a crack at Man Yoo and Chelsea
To see if we can actually bloody win the thing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566