Post Match Leicester 2 West Bromwich Albion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The freekick goal was awful, awful to give it away and awful because nobody in the wall charged the ball or jumped with conviction, Kasper also didn't position himself well considering it was only ever going one way.

Was it not just a case of it being an excellent strike? Sure, the defending side can always do things differently but really was there a whole lot any team and/or keeper could have done to stop that?

Ulloa needs to take a look at his fellow South American. If Ulloa would fight more like that, it would massively improve his game. Rondon and Vardy up front. Jeez.

In the 1st half he pulled Huth and Morgan all over the place, they were struggling with him.

Worked quite hard as well.

Can't remember many other strikers hold Morgan off the ball as well as he did, but still thought Morgan had another good game

Schlupp was great when he came on, really looked interested.

Good heart, good effort, poor finishing of chances (Okazaki)

And that's why some of us suggested starting with Schlupp over Okazaki :) ****ing wow :)

POP !

25 opening minutes of complete and utter toss. Dreadful, clueless guff crowned off nicely by Schmeichel gifting them the first goal by being completely shit

Thank the Good Lord for Drinkwater, who dragged us out the mire and singlehandedly took us back to the Leicester City we know. He was feckin' outstanding tonight. Morgan close behind him, and the rest finally caught them up in the second half

Some poor finishing by Okazaki, some wasteful stuff from Albrighton, some very good saves from Foster, and the occasional rub of the green for them

Reflect on it how you wish, but I think we just tossed two points down the shitter

Up the 'ammers

POP !

25 opening minutes of complete and utter toss. Dreadful, clueless guff crowned off nicely by Schmeichel gifting them the first goal by being completely shit

Thank the Good Lord for Drinkwater, who dragged us out the mire and singlehandedly took us back to the Leicester City we know. He was feckin' outstanding tonight. Morgan close behind him, and the rest finally caught them up in the second half

Some poor finishing by Okazaki, some wasteful stuff from Albrighton, some very good saves from Foster, and the occasional rub of the green for them

Reflect on it how you wish, but I think we just tossed two points down the shitter

Up the 'ammers

Agree with every single word you dreary old queen.

I don't think Albrighton should be singled out for being wasteful. He had a good game and his crosses were part of taking us back into the game, though I agree Drinkwater was MOTM

I thought Albrighton's inswingers were brilliant today. Schmeichel was shit. Not just the first goal but a couple of times he didn't come out to claim balls he would have won easily. None too impressed with his massive paddy at being told by Claudio not to go up for an injury time corner either. Twat.

A positive performance, just didn't fall for us in the end. One minor note; When Grey receives the ball he seems to stop, think about doing something tricky alla Mahrez, then check it and deliver a sub-par cross. Would have preferred Albrighton's better accuracy for the closing stages.

The midfielder was given time and space to look up and place a pass. The defender is in a poor position and is then outpaced and outmuscled. The keeper narrows the angle and despite getting a touch on the ball is unable to keep the ball out from a one-on-one position inside the box.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think the keeper was chiefly at fault.

And wanting to go forward to support the attack in an attempt to get what would have been a very important goal does not make him a twat in my opinion. What would have been twattish would have been to ignore Ranieri and go up anyway. But he didn't do that.

There doesn't always have to be a scapegoat.

I'm not scapegoating, I don't think he's the reason we didn't win. I just don't think he was very good. I'm not bothered by him wanting to go up either. It's his reaction to being told no that makes him a twat.

I thought Morgan deserved a goal tonight.
Another great performance from him and playing as a right winger and centre forward in the last 10 minutes or so, if only Foster hadn't saved that shot.

Well done Motown for being the only one spotting the key to the result. In many ways Leicester deserved to win but Foster certainly did not deserve to be on a losing side. I notice the BBC made Andy King Man of the Match. I mean no disrespect to an admirable player but that is a gross injustice. Foster was worth at least two goals to them tonight. Too often goalkeepers are ignored as Man of the Match but he made a number of good saves and two were astonishing.

In the couple of previous occasions I have seen Demarai Gray he has looked promising. Tonight he looked completely out of his depth. Softly softly Claudio, do not rush him.

I thought Albrighton's inswingers were brilliant today. Schmeichel was shit. Not just the first goal but a couple of times he didn't come out to claim balls he would have won easily. None too impressed with his massive paddy at being told by Claudio not to go up for an injury time corner either. Twat.

I thought he was ranting at the 4th official for only 3 mins of added time.....and if that was what he was ranting at, he was right.

POP !

Up the 'ammers

Agree with most - except the Albrighton part. Thought Drinkwater was absolutely outstanding. Not quite sure how we didn't score more but a decent performance on the whole.

I thought he was ranting at the 4th official for only 3 mins of added time.....and if that was what he was ranting at, he was right.

It looked as though it was aimed at Ranieri to me and a few of us thought the same. You could be right though.

It looked as though it was aimed at Ranieri to me and a few of us thought the same. You could be right though.

I'm no lip reader, but I'd be amazed if he dared to have said what he said if it was aimed at Claudio. ;)

Albrighton seemed to me to be getting better and better as the game went on. He didn't look tired and it looked like it was only a matter of time before he would get an assist, and then he was taken off for Jeff Schlupp. Jeff Schlupp of the run fast, kick hard and hope school of football.

I didn't understand it when Pearson used to take off Albrighton, our most consistent crosser of the ball at the same time as bringing on Ulloa, arguably our greatest (although not particularly great) aerial threat. I still don't understand it now.

Okazaki did OK for me. Harsh to describe that fantastic leap that allowed him to win the header that hit the bar as missing a sitter. He might have scored today but the same could be said of Vardy and Ulloa. Okazaki was certainly no worse, and perhaps a little better than either of those two tonight.

Schmeichal will probably feel he should have done better for the first and was poorly positioned for the free kick. As accurate as the free kick eventually was, it really needn't have been, because Kasper left a huge unguarded space to his right. From that range it wasn't too difficult to loft the ball over the wall and into that big space.

I was a bit disappointed in Vardy tonight, as I was against Norwich. He's obviously struggling to get in behind due to defenders sitting back, and that's fine, but he's also failing to get in the six yard box for crosses and rebounds. Too often he's holding back as if waiting for a pull back which never comes. He needs to be busting a gut to get into the six yard box at every opportunity.

The midfielder was given time and space to look up and place a pass. The defender is in a poor position and is then outpaced and outmuscled. The keeper narrows the angle and despite getting a touch on the ball is unable to keep the ball out from a one-on-one position inside the box.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think the keeper was chiefly at fault.

Schmiechel was slow off his line. If he hadn't gave hesitated he could have cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566