Post Match Leicester 2 Wolves 1

Maybe I'm remembering it all wrong, but didn't we start to start to fall apart just after Christmas 2019, had a good result in the last game before lockdown which seemed like it would halt the slide and then weren't really worth a shit once "Project Restart" came along?

No. It isn't.

The atmosphere under Rodgers when we were winning games and finishing in the top 6 was incredibly positive. His name was absolutely sung at most games.

Suggesting he didn't do exceptionally well in his first couple of years and that fans never, ever took to him is ****ing daft. He just climbed up inside his own arsehole so far that it was impossible for him to return.

Rodgers and Puel did the did similar things with their approaches IMO but over different time frames. Fans thought their football was fast paced and exciting and everyone loved it. Then it all switched off and became turgid sideways pointless shit that matched their personalities.

For me I absolutely loved the Puel who had us making Gray look a wonderful player for a forward thinking side in his first 10 games or whatever, i also loved Rodgers kicking off that we weren't as balls deep as he'd like at 8-0 v Southampton. Both managers changed their approach and understandably fans enthusiasm matched that of the manager and team.

I've said that Vardy is finished and shouldn’t play for us again this season. But I’m happy to say that for the 45 mins he was on the pitch against Leeds he was good, and if fit I’d play him and Kelechi against Leeds. That doesn’t make my observations of his other performances this season wrong or invalid.

Interesting to see Smith's comments post match. Basically said, get the ball in behind to Vardy and we'll create chances, and to be fair, in 45 mins he created a very good chance which Tete probably should have scored, and won the penalty.

Probably his best return for 45 mins football this season.

For me, Puel deserves plaudits for steering a ship through really sad waters; Rodge gets plaudits for steering the same ship through some unmitigated success. Our leaders must not make same mistakes again and know how to run the club properly and for longevity aka Bloom at Brighton

I reckon Puel jumped the gun, started making changes before everyone was ready for it (players and fans) Maybe he was tasked with, or sold the task to the board of, life after Vardy et al, the new generation as it were. Thing is, there was life in the old dog yet. Puel went to early and was caught offside.

Don't forget though, for all that he did try to do right, the football did become turgid. Maybe the players didn't buy in to the new order, who knows. Whatever, although I thought I could see what he was trying to do and was supportive for longer than many, I did eventually come to the conclusion that he should.go. Too much too soon perhaps?

I reckon Puel jumped the gun, started making changes before everyone was ready for it (players and fans) Maybe he was tasked with, or sold the task to the board of, life after Vardy et al, the new generation as it were. Thing is, there was life in the old dog yet. Puel went to early and was caught offside.

Don't forget though, for all that he did try to do right, the football did become turgid. Maybe the players didn't buy in to the new order, who knows. Whatever, although I thought I could see what he was trying to do and was supportive for longer than many, I did eventually come to the conclusion that he should.go. Too much too soon perhaps?
Agreed.

Interesting to see Smith's comments post match. Basically said, get the ball in behind to Vardy and we'll create chances, and to be fair, in 45 mins he created a very good chance which Tete probably should have scored, and won the penalty.

Probably his best return for 45 mins football this season.
Because he was being used properly. Like anyone could have worked out.

He was excellent for 45 minutes because he had the support he needed and we played to his strengths.

Simple really innit.

He isolated Vardy who became a shadow of himself....

Familiar tales.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464