Post Match Leicester 3-1 Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Came from behind to win. Mahrez, Morgan and Phillips with the goals. :038:

Have to say, as soon as we equalised I just knew we'd win. We just have that belief and never give up attitude right now.

Mahrez man of the match for me! Absolutely sensational today, just tore the Blackpool defence to shreds time and time again, looks an absolute steal at £400k.

Matty James also excellent, his little dink over the top for the 3rd was brilliant.

We're fecking well going up as Champions!

Have to say, as soon as we equalised I just knew we'd win. We just have that belief and never give up attitude right now.

Mahrez man of the match for me! Absolutely sensational today, just tore the Blackpool defence to shreds time and time again, looks an absolute steal at £400k.

Matty James also excellent, his little dink over the top for the 3rd was brilliant.

We're fecking well going up as Champions!

Exactly right.

Mahrez is the new Knocky. Dyer who?

Another brilliant afternoon. Coming back to win and Derby dropping points again.

By my maths we need just 13 points from our remaining 11 games to mathematically guarantee promotion. But with the form of the 'chasing' pack, we could actually have it all wrapped after 40 games! What's the earliest anyone has guaranteed promotion from this league?

I thought we were a bit casual for much of the game, and Blackpool worked really hard for a team 18th in the table - but quality counts, and in the last 30 mins we decided to shift the 2nd gear and it looked easy.

11 games and 33 points to play for. I think 3 more wins secures promotion and 5 more secures the championship - 7 wins to crack 100 points.

Last edited:
Really pleasing to watch that was. Didn't really let the goal effect us and just continued hammering them until we got the breakthrough.

Absolutely fantastic strike from Mahrez and also a superb assist for Wes' goal too. Man of the match by a mile and even a goal from Super Kev at the end to wrap it up was no where near enough to be stealing Mahrez's glory today.

Looking like if we win all our game this month it's all over and party time!

Burnley away at the end of the month, that'll be tough.

lcfcsta.jpg

I think that's what you call pure domination.

I thought we were a bit casual for much of the game, and Blackpool worked really hard for a team 18th in the table - but quality counts, and in the last 30 mins we decided to shift the 2nd gear and it looked easy.

11 games and 33 points to play for. I think 3 more wins secures promotion and 5 more secures the championship - 7 wins to crack 100 points.

Do you think we could win all 11?? :icon_bigg :038:

I think the turning point (though I thought we'd get a second anyway) was bringing GTF on and taking Vardy off. Up until this point their main strength was being able to push/kick Vardy over.

Burnley away at the end of the month, that'll be tough.

It will be tough but if we come away with 3 points it will be enough to kill of any hope they have of catching us :)

Do you think we could win all 11?? :icon_bigg :038:

After the last 4 games scoring 3 in each, and the 9 before those two draws, anything's possible. I honestly thought we'd have a dip before now, I haven't seen us dominate this division like this ever before - 106 points is the current record by Reading; that's well within reach!

We're Leicester - this kind of thing doesn't happen for us very often. I'm loving it, but can't quite believe it.

Last edited:
Another brilliant afternoon. Coming back to win and Derby dropping points again.

By my maths we need just 13 points from our remaining 11 games to mathematically guarantee promotion. But with the form of the 'chasing' pack, we could actually have it all wrapped after 40 games! What's the earliest anyone has guaranteed promotion from this league?

did you forget QPR?

People are talking about Blackpool being hard to break down. I thought we created a shed load of chances but were just a little sloppy with the final execution (especially in the first half). If we had scored 5 today, Blackpool would have had no complaints. Great stuff!!!!

Last edited:
Mahrez clear MOTM, very closely followed by Schlupp who was closely followed by Wasilewski.

Great credit to Nige on his substitutions. It just wasn't working for Nugent and Vardy and I thought GTF in particular made a big difference.

Blackpool were dross, not particularly hard to break down imo, we created shedloads throughout the entire game, our finishing was poor today, but everything else was excellent. We could've won that 6 or 7-1 if our shooting boots had been on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669