Post Match Leicester 3-1 Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much to take in. In short; we won, I was there. Brilliant stuff!

Form has nothing to do with mathematics :)

Form is temporary class is permanent.. which is why Vardy should put today behind him. He seems much the confidence player and dwelling on today could have him going right off the boil. NP's substitutions.. what a huge improvement on last season The subs made a difference and bringing Mahrez into the starting line up a few games back was a shrewd and brilliant move.

Making the right team changes when needed, to give the side the best chance to keep on winning... excellent.

The bench was a surprise. I could understand Konchesky and Dyer not making the starting XI but not them not making the bench.

I think the score flattered us. We started well but after about 15 minutes Blackpool managed to frustrate us. We had a lot of possession without in areas where it didn't count. Vardy and Nugent were below their usual high standard. The team was not quite gelling and Blackpool fans were chanting "Top of the league you're having a laugh."It needed a piece of individual brilliance by Mahrez to get us back in the game. We then looked more dangerous and I thought it was Taylor-Fletchers most impressive performance. Up to the 60th minute I would have taken a draw but I think 2-1 would have been a better reflection.

There was criticism of the referee giving yellow cards to Vardy and James but in both cases I thought the referee was right. Vardy's was especially annoying because it was just silly and he has bookings mounting up

There was an incident in the 1st half where people near me (around the centre circle) thought Leicester had put the ball over the line but play went on. Would someone with a better view please say what happened.

I saw a different game David.

Blackpool were holding on for dear life in the final ten minutes and the game could have easily ended 5-1.

Add in the two excellent chances Vardy snatched at, a stonewall penalty turned down, the offside goal, and a couple of tidy saves from Gilks and what you have was an utterly dominant performance. I haven't seen us play week in week out, but if that performance was disappointing we must be absolutely shit hot.

I also disagree that James deserved a booking. There were many worse fouls that went unpunished.

As for the first half incident. The ball came across to Vardy who volleyed it narrowly wide. However it hit the pole holding up the net and bounced into said nets. Even on television it looked like it went in.

Last edited:
This was the first game I've seen this season thanks to the links in the match thread, thanks to those that posted those, although I had to spend the rest of the day getting rid of all the extra crap that downloaded to my PC when I accessed them, the result however made up for it.

It's the first time I've seen Drinkwater play and if I hadn't been following championship footie I would have wondered what all the fuss was about, he didn't have a particularly good afternoon. James was pretty decent and he should never have got a yellow, Knockheart was wasteful and should have been booked for a dive in the first half. Vardy worked hard but it wasn't his day, thoroughly deserved his card, stupid thing to do. Mahrez could prove to be a very shrewd buy, would like to see how he fares against better teams than Blackpool and if he can do it consistently, he had a very good match. The defence looked solid and Schlupp was much better than I'd been expecting after comments about him here.

This was the first game I've seen this season thanks to the links in the match thread, thanks to those that posted those, although I had to spend the rest of the day getting rid of all the extra crap that downloaded to my PC when I accessed them, the result however made up for it.

It's the first time I've seen Drinkwater play and if I hadn't been following championship footie I would have wondered what all the fuss was about, he didn't have a particularly good afternoon. James was pretty decent and he should never have got a yellow, Knockheart was wasteful and should have been booked for a dive in the first half. Vardy worked hard but it wasn't his day, thoroughly deserved his card, stupid thing to do. Mahrez could prove to be a very shrewd buy, would like to see how he fares against better teams than Blackpool and if he can do it consistently, he had a very good match. The defence looked solid and Schlupp was much better than I'd been expecting after comments about him here.

No need to open or download any of the pop ups or software that prompt you to download, just find the increasing hidden x and close the window. No need to download anything to watch the live stream.

Anyone that would have you believe DD hasn't been outstanding for us this season and one of our best midfielders of recent times, simply doesn't know their arse from elbow.

Last edited:
No need to open or download any of the pop ups or software that prompt you to download, just find the increasing hidden x and close the window. No need to download anything to watch the live stream.
Better still, use either Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser, and install a free plugin called AdBlock. Then you won't have any pop up ads to deal with at all. Works like a charm. It's as good as F****t are bad.

Better still, use either Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser, and install a free plugin called AdBlock. Then you won't have any pop up ads to deal with at all. Works like a charm. It's as good as F****t are bad.

Thanks for the prompt on AdBlock (although you've probably mentioned it before and I was in a mong moment)...all installed :icon_bigg

I saw a different game David.

Blackpool were holding on for dear life in the final ten minutes and the game could have easily ended 5-1.

I agree with Miles. Had the pleasure of a rare visit to the KP myself yesterday and aside from the ten minutes or so after their goal we has such a swagger and confidence. Had we scored one of the early chances it would have been a hatful, as it is we could have made it 5 in the last few minutes anyway.

Vardy and Nugent were off colour but by far the most threat came from playing balls to Vards through the middle. But when that didn't work as has been said in this thread he made clever uses of the subs and GTF played a really good half hour. Schlupp and Mahrez the standouts. I enjoyed Knocky's performance, granted no end product but he and Mahrez looked like they were having a whole lot of fun out there.

It was nice to be able to experience this City side live. Never have I been to the ground with such a confidence about it. And now I know what it feels like to support a team that has different gears and can dominate when they need to.

Thanks for the prompt on AdBlock (although you've probably mentioned it before and I was in a mong moment)...all installed :icon_bigg

Me too, chrome plus ad block made life much easier as there was no X for me to close the ads.

Watched the entire first half hoping for the play to be in the bottom half if the screen.

I don't understand some of the disappointment expressed about yesterday's performance. I thought we were excellent for the vast majority of the game. I've noticed during the last few home games fans are getting impatient if we're not two goals up by half time. There was some booing yesterday, for ****'s sake.

We should have been out of sight before ten minutes were up. We dropped the tempo but were still by far the better side and even after conceding a poor goal I never had any doubt we'd win it. There was just no way we'd not create at least two good chances to score. If we had scored early on we really could have ended up with six or seven. I said as much to those around me. Indeed we could have ended up with another couple after Phillips scored.

There are lots of people who need to relax and just enjoy what's happening. This is an extraordinary season and this kind of dominance of a league probably won't be repeated in my lifetime, and I'm hoping for a good fifty years yet! I was a teenager when we were doing so well under O'Neill and whilst I loved that time I never appreciated that it might never get so good again. We have an opportunity to get close to that if we're properly managed over the next few seasons and I'm going to savour every bit of it.

I don't understand some of the disappointment expressed about yesterday's performance. I thought we were excellent for the vast majority of the game. I've noticed during the last few home games fans are getting impatient if we're not two goals up by half time. There was some booing yesterday, for ****'s sake.

We should have been out of sight before ten minutes were up. We dropped the tempo but were still by far the better side and even after conceding a poor goal I never had any doubt we'd win it. There was just no way we'd not create at least two good chances to score. If we had scored early on we really could have ended up with six or seven. I said as much to those around me. Indeed we could have ended up with another couple after Phillips scored.

There are lots of people who need to relax and just enjoy what's happening. This is an extraordinary season and this kind of dominance of a league probably won't be repeated in my lifetime, and I'm hoping for a good fifty years yet! I was a teenager when we were doing so well under O'Neill and whilst I loved that time I never appreciated that it might never get so good again. We have an opportunity to get close to that if we're properly managed over the next few seasons and I'm going to savour every bit of it.

I like it

That's basically what I was saying. We just took our chances in the second half better than we did in the first.

There was one bloke behind me complaining about "tippy-tappy crap", but other than that most people near me were fairly patient and that felt better than previous seasons.

I honestly didn't feel like we wouldn't win that game, it just felt like eventually we'd score, even if we had to wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669