Post Match Leicester 3 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were so, so much better after switching to four at the back. It was clear that we needed to do that (from the start to be honest) but credit to Rodgers for being adaptive enough to change it. After that, it was a piece of piss. So much more freedom down the wings and we also looked like we could defend as well which seemed beyond us for the first 20 odd minutes.

Ok agree ‘groundswell’ maybe have been a slight exaggeration but Christ, people need a reality check sometimes. We are Leicester City not Barcelona. Some people need to remember who/what we are before spouting this shit.
Could have sworn it was you who suggested “Poch” could be the man to replace him, in that very thread...

Could have sworn it was you who suggested “Poch” could be the man to replace him, in that very thread...
Don’t recall that but even if I did it would have been in jest as I can categorically say I don’t want Rodgers out. I like what he’s doing for us. Yes we collapsed like a pack of cards last season which was hugely frustrating but as a whole I firmly believe he is taking us forward.
I assume you still want him gone?

Don’t recall that but even if I did it would have been in jest as I can categorically say I don’t want Rodgers out. I like what he’s doing for us. Yes we collapsed like a pack of cards last season which was hugely frustrating but as a whole I firmly believe he is taking us forward.
I assume you still want him gone?
You didn’t seem to be bothered about him staying when you offered up Poch as an alternative name.

If we got rid of him tonight (clearly we won’t) I wouldn’t be sad at all as I still think he’s a bottler and it’ll all end in tears. However, if tonight has finally sunk into him that 5 at the back at home to teams like Fulham and Brighton isn’t the way to go, then I’m happy to see how it goes for the time being. If it’s back to 5 at the back on Wednesday, you can count me out.

You didn’t seem to be bothered about him staying when you offered up Poch as an alternative name.

If we got rid of him tonight (clearly we won’t) I wouldn’t be sad at all as I still think he’s a bottler and it’ll all end in tears. However, if tonight has finally sunk into him that 5 at the back at home to teams like Fulham and Brighton isn’t the way to go, then I’m happy to see how it goes for the time being. If it’s back to 5 at the back on Wednesday, you can count me out.
Funnily enough, out of curiosity of your earlier post I did check back at my posting in the Rodgers Out thread and my reply of Poch was to someone asking if Rodgers were to be sacked who we we want in (back in July). This can hardly be deemed as me asking for his head!!! Laughable

Funnily enough, out of curiosity of your earlier post I did check back at my posting in the Rodgers Out thread and my reply of Poch was to someone asking if Rodgers were to be sacked who we we want in (back in July). This can hardly be deemed as me asking for his head!!! Laughable
I mean you could have said “no one, we should keep Brendan” but anyway...

Well I'd be pretty disappointed if Bodgers was to leave.

I mean, he's clearly a terrible manager but seeing as we're only a point off top, may as well stick with him for now whilst his luck is in?

What about if it's 5-at-the-back on Wednesday, but we win again and go top of the league? Count you out?

Perez's goal bound attempt and, to a lesser extent, Vardy's goal gave me that tingly feeling I get when I witness exhilarating football. It's the combo of defence splitting passes, one touch football and directness that makes the hair stand up. It really is a joy to behold, and we did it to supremely good effect in our championship winning season.

Maddison touched on it too with reference to Ndidi's passing. Wilf wins possession and hits a hard, low pass. Look at Perez's attempt again and who is it that splits the defence with a sumptuous ball to Justin (whose cut back is perfection)? Ndidi, that's who.

Last edited:
Ok agree ‘groundswell’ maybe have been a slight exaggeration but Christ, people need a reality check sometimes. We are Leicester City not Barcelona. Some people need to remember who/what we are before spouting this shit.

Agreed... and these are the golden years... if you're bitching and whining now, you'll never have anything fond to look back on when we're back in the pigswill 10 or 15 years from now.

Just think in a few weeks we will be in a situation where one of Ricardo, Castagne or Justin can't get a place in the starting 11.

It was only about 10 years ago we had Ryan McGivern and Robbie Neilsen as our full back options!

We could ask Southgate, there seems to be no limit to the number of right backs he fields

Perez's goal bound attempt and, to a lesser extent, Vardy's goal gave me that tingly feeling I get when I witness exhilarating football. It's the combo of defence splitting passes, one touch football and directness that makes the hair stand up. It really is a joy to behold, and we did it to supremely good effect in our championship winning season.

Maddison touched on it too with reference to Ndidi's passing. Wilf wins possession and hits a hard, low pass. Look at Perez's attempt again and who is it that splits the defence with a sumptuous ball to Justin (whose cut back is perfection)? Ndidi, that's who.
I'd forgotten how important he is to us.
Him being back means we'll see a lot more 4 at the back.

Gotta say - the table looks pretty damned good at the moment. No doubt pundits will talk about us falling away or whatever but we’re a solid third in the league with 30% of the season gone. Very good indeed

Gotta say - the table looks pretty damned good at the moment. No doubt pundits will talk about us falling away or whatever but we’re a solid third in the league with 30% of the season gone. Very good indeed
Yes it does and having Castagne, Soyuncu and Ricardo coming back will provide us with a huge boost

Next 3 games are quite massive for us and will show us where we really are.

Good return and then there is no reason we genuinely couldn push the top 4 for a CL spot but if we have 3 poor results, we'll be a good top half team that has had a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757