Post Match Leicester 3 Liverpool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought amartey did pretty well today. Obviously he wasn't as good as Justin and got skinned quite a few times but on the basis of today's performance I'm not too worried about him filling in until castagne is back.

I want to see you as a judge on Landscape Artist of the Year.

’Oh **** off you ****, that’s magnificent. Makes me sick’
My favourite tv judge is the guy on the pottery throw down (yes I admit I have watched it). He cries when he sees pottery he likes.

Started doing F1 drawings in January. I had to start with something and I used to draw cars a lot when I was a teenager. If anyone is interested I have an Instagram which is very cheesily entitled drawmula1

here’s a teaser...

View attachment 15809
You should start a thread on it. I always enjoyed the photos that DesertFox used to put in that thread and that way they don’t get lost in random threads.

I thought amartey did pretty well today. Obviously he wasn't as good as Justin and got skinned quite a few times but on the basis of today's performance I'm not too worried about him filling in until castagne is back.

Just enjoyed the pleasure of watching the match on replay. Some thoughts on Amartey.

He's not as bad as he looks. He has this jerky back/neck loose-limbed movement when he starts towards an attacker which once you get used to it ... isn't scary at all.

Liverpool weren't attacking down his side much in the first half, by the time they did he was much more into the game, and apart from one rash commitment which came to nothing anyway, was competent. Marc Albrighton was pretty much absent (no double banking) and when he came off looked unwell.

We had five Madders delivered free kicks from the sameish spot (corner of the penalty box), all delivered as up and down crosses intended to bounce in the 'keeper's zone of death in the six yard box. Amartey was doing that advance run so consistently that I presume it was a deliberate "thing" - which paid off - though why him?

He played in the middle of a back three for th beginning of the second half while Jonny Evans ran off his dead leg - and looked a lot happier there than at RB.

Like Justin, he needed a run of games to get used to the pace and understandings with his fellow defenders - he's never had it over the five (yikes) years he's been here, and won't get it now unless the injury crisis gets more prolonged and worse.

Just enjoyed the pleasure of watching the match on replay. Some thoughts on Amartey.

He's not as bad as he looks. He has this jerky back/neck loose-limbed movement when he starts towards an attacker which once you get used to it ... isn't scary at all.

Liverpool weren't attacking down his side much in the first half, by the time they did he was much more into the game, and apart from one rash commitment which came to nothing anyway, was competent. Marc Albrighton was pretty much absent (no double banking) and when he came off looked unwell.

We had five Madders delivered free kicks from the sameish spot (corner of the penalty box), all delivered as up and down crosses intended to bounce in the 'keeper's zone of death in the six yard box. Amartey was doing that advance run so consistently that I presume it was a deliberate "thing" - which paid off - though why him?

He played in the middle of a back three for th beginning of the second half while Jonny Evans ran off his dead leg - and looked a lot happier there than at RB.

Like Justin, he needed a run of games to get used to the pace and understandings with his fellow defenders - he's never had it over the five (yikes) years he's been here, and won't get it now unless the injury crisis gets more prolonged and worse.
He is definitely a good player to have to come in and do a job.

I'd love to see his pass accuracy stats in the game. No denying his effort and contribution but he seemed to give it to a red shirt time after time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363