Post Match Leicester 3 Liverpool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
alex, do you think we deliberately played like that prior to pools goal because of our injury situation because from then we altered our game.

When teams have got in our faces, Leeds, Everton, West Ham, Liverpool and pressed hard up high and also hustled and harried Tielemans and Maddison quickly I think we've struggled to find the way to play through that. For me, that's as much Harvey Barnes / Under / Perez / Vardy etc's fault as they need to open passing options.

Let's be honest, Liverpool are an excellent side and we rode our luck. Their capitulation whilst being hilarious doesn't quite tell the story of the game.

Having said all of that, Ricardo coming in to full fitness, Soyuncu and N'Didi especially were all sublime. I would like to think that games like that today will do so much for Youri and James' development.

Poor choice of pass by Tielemans for there goal as good as it was, we gave the ball away trying for a long crossfield ball.
Absolutely. That will help his development though I reckon. Have to make the mistakes to be able to learn from them.

I'm just going to go back to my post from the match thread

We clearly had a game plan and it worked. Yes we conceded first and there was luck to the second goal. But we stuck to our plan and won.

I said in other posts during the game, we weren't in control but we had the better chances. After the first 15 mins we were defensively solid. We defended what we needed to do.

Don't get me wrong im not saying it was a brilliant performance or an easy win. But the game plan did pay off.

Not only is this the best individual performance from a City player this season, it was potentially the best midfield performance from a City player since Kante 15/16.

He was immense today. The fact that BT didn't even seem to pick up on that shows how poor their analysis was.

Wilf's long legs plucking a stray ball out of the sky in midfield is one of my favourite sights in football.

It may be complete bollocks but I am hearing that Klopp is close to the axe.

That would be ridiculous, if true. So ridiculous, that, barring it being for some sort of fallout or personal reasons, I can’t believe it can be true.

The stuff I've seen is saying he might walk away. Not seen that he will be sacked.

The fact that their collapse in form has come at the same time as Klopp's mum has died after illness and he can't go back to Germany to be with his family I'm sure are not a coincidence.

If they sack him after what he's done for them - and with the circumstances - it would be disgusting. But I'm sure people may have thought the same about us with Ranieri... Difference imo though is Ranieri did it one year and we then had a huge drop off. Klopp has built Liverpool up to that title win and has had big injuries this year (in case you hadn't heard...)

The stuff I've seen is saying he might walk away. Not seen that he will be sacked.

The fact that their collapse in form has come at the same time as Klopp's mum has died after illness and he can't go back to Germany to be with his family I'm sure are not a coincidence.

If they sack him after what he's done for them - and with the circumstances - it would be disgusting. But I'm sure people may have thought the same about us with Ranieri... Difference imo though is Ranieri did it one year and we then had a huge drop off. Klopp has built Liverpool up to that title win and has had big injuries this year (in case you hadn't heard...)
It wouldn’t be surprising if he was struggling, as you say.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was considering quitting at the end of this season. His shelf life at his previous clubs is about this long. He looks dead eyed.

His 'heavy metal football' approach probably is not helped by having so many games close together. I don't think it's any accident that they conceded so many late on either. I'm not sure what changes they can make late in the season, especially with a lack of training time, so expect them to really roar back next season - assuming he stays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669