Post Match Leicester 3 Liverpool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, he clearly gave the penalty. Maddison said so after the game too.

That's my issue with it. Show me how the VAR can overturn that decision? He can't but he did. That was scandalous.

Yep. It’s distinct from exact offside calls, it has to be a clear and obvious error. That wasn’t.

Reading the Liverpool forum because I have nothing better to do on the toilet really highlights two things.

A) The forum design here is so much better, theirs is awful.

B) they genuinely feel that they are being screwed by officials openly. Liverpool. It's embarrassing.

I'm more and more convinced with each passing day that these people are the scientologists of football.

Had a meeting. Go into the meeting 1-0 down. Check score after meeting. Booooom!!!! Love it

Nope, he clearly gave the penalty. Maddison said so after the game too.

That's my issue with it. Show me how the VAR can overturn that decision? He can't but he did. That was scandalous.
Maddison didn't say that, he said 'the ref didn't know what going on, he (the ref) was told it was a penalty and then not', he didn't say the ref awarded a penalty.

Not sure if its really worth going over that much though seeing as we scored from that free kick anyway but from the VAR replay, I couldn't see any part of the defenders foot in contact with the line so seemed the right call for me.

We would have been apoplectic on here if it had been given against us.

Christ some really delusional conspiracy theory stuff on that Liverpool thread.
We were lucky that tight decisions went in our favour, but its not rocket science for these guys. Pep and Klopp set out a massive high energy high press against us hoping to steam roller us as they have done before. As soon as they run out of gas which they are likely to at this part of the season, then we hurt them really bad.
Its like a heavyweight contest vs a serious puncher. You can do all the work and look good, but if you don't land enough you are always likely to get knocked out as you tire.

It’s also good for the well-being to sit back and not worry about other teams catching up with us for the rest of the weekend

Christ some really delusional conspiracy theory stuff on that Liverpool thread.
We were lucky that tight decisions went in our favour, but its not rocket science for these guys. Pep and Klopp set out a massive high energy high press against us hoping to steam roller us as they have done before. As soon as they run out of gas which they are likely to at this part of the season, then we hurt them really bad.
Its like a heavyweight contest vs a serious puncher. You can do all the work and look good, but if you don't land enough you are always likely to get knocked out as you tire.
The theory is that because they are trying to push for a super league they are being punished by the referees. Some of them are even saying they hope the club pushes even harder for it. I love that even if their psychotic delusions are correct it still makes them look like nasty, unsporting ****s who are trying to ruin the sport. What a lovely bunch they are!

Can only agree with most of you - 70-odd minutes of poor, timorous, skilless, crap - and then confusion! - and a magic result. Glad it wasn't a penalty (Leicester get sooooo many penalties - don't they?) and it was more crushing for L'pool that it was direct from a free kick.
Match awards:
For Comedy - Allisson's clearance to Vardy
Best goal - tied: Barnes' thunderous shot and Salah's clever chip
Best Goal celebration -Vardy's corner flag guitar (The Redbull obviously kicked in)
Best Facial expression - Jurgen Klopper
Best 'after party' speech - Maddisson
Best portrayal of Collapse into Depths of Despair - Liverpool
Best 'wrist of steel' save - Kasper
Best dying scene - Perez
Best Monty Python's Knight impersonation, 'I've still got one good leg'' effort - Jonny Evans
Best Outcome - Leicester win
And finally -
Best Player - Ndidi

Enjoy the moment, everyone!

Check out this belter of a post on Rawk:

“You mean getting shanked weekly by bent referees, the massive bellend-ery of the media looking the other way, or the greatest injury decimation in club history?

How do you resolve stuff like this --- that is so clearly out of control --- while Man City walk free after a major charge of cheating?

This is our culture. Someone is sending a big big message to our club and owners --- and we should pay attention to it and resist the **** out of it.

Watch people start going after Klopp now... In some small twatteratti universes they already have.

Nothing wrong with our club. There is something going on here --- important people want to see the club humiliated
.”

“You mean getting shanked weekly by bent referees, the massive bellend-ery of the media looking the other way, or the greatest injury decimation in club history?

How do you resolve stuff like this --- that is so clearly out of control --- while Man City walk free after a major charge of cheating?

This is our culture. Someone is sending a big big message to our club and owners --- and we should pay attention to it and resist the **** out of it.

Watch people start going after Klopp now... In some small twatteratti universes they already have.

Nothing wrong with our club. There is something going on here --- important people want to see the club humiliated
.”
Jeebus

.”
At least they're not bitter about losing to little ol' Leicester

We had many more clearer chances to score than what Liverpool did - Vardy could have comfortably got a hat trick today.

Liverpool had much more of the ball but apart from the goal, did Kasper have that much to do?

Obviously he had the world class arm of steel save but that would have been offside, still an amazing save that's worth priase but for all their passing and possession, Liverpool didn't threaten our goal much at all.
I suspect if the game was reversed, a lot of us would be saying that for all our dominance in possession we were pretty toothless upfront and created very little in terms of good chances. And therefore we only have ourselves to blame.

Liverpool were not unlucky.

Liverpool fans I know and have met are generally pretty modest, they recognise they don't have quite as much money as as the Manchester clubs and Chelsea and I would say they are more hopeful of success than expectant. They are also pretty complimentary of other teams when they lose.

The fact that we have a thread debating Rodger's future that has been active this season shows that every team has unrealistic fans.

I suspect if the game was reversed, a lot of us would be saying that for all our dominance in possession we were pretty toothless upfront and created very little in terms of good chances. And therefore we only have ourselves to blame.

Liverpool were not unlucky.
No they weren’t. The Barnes free kick could quite easily have been given as a penalty, he was right on the line but off the ground so difficult to judge.

the VAR intervention seemed correct to allow the goal.

Nothing the referee or anyone else could do to help the Liverpool buffoons with the second and the third was well taken but Liverpool had gone by then.

We were messy with the ball particularly first half but although they had a lot of the ball didn’t trouble Kasper too much.

Second half we were better and on the balance of chances created we fully deserved the win.

important stat, no team has conceded more goals in the last 10 minutes of games than Liverpool.

They tired badly and we exploited it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670