Post Match Leicester 3 Liverpool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my stream and missed Barnes' goal, and Liverpool folding generally. Would have loved to have heard the commentators choke.

Dunno why, but my streams are generally behind the comments on here so I avoid reading and pay attention to the game.

Excellent result, we defended well enough, rode our luck but, tbf, the result was due more to them folding. Sure, going behind meant we had to go at them but there defence must have gone AWOL.

I won 3 separate bets in that
Salah to have a shot on target - evens
Kabak and Evans to be carded - 12/1
Leicester to win and both teams to score 9/2

Bet 9 quid in total, got £29 back

On top of a fantastic result. Love it!

Nobody will ever convince me that was a deserved win. We were awful for almost the entire game. Everything was wrong but we hung in there and, incredibly, Liverpool shat themselves.

I'm in shock. Genuine shock. I'll take it obviously but what on earth happened there?

By the way, that takes our record against the 'big six' this season to: Pld 7 W5 D1 L1.
We had many more clearer chances to score than what Liverpool did - Vardy could have comfortably got a hat trick today.

Liverpool had much more of the ball but apart from the goal, did Kasper have that much to do?

Obviously he had the world class arm of steel save but that would have been offside, still an amazing save that's worth priase but for all their passing and possession, Liverpool didn't threaten our goal much at all.

Certainly not the lucky win a lot seem to be suggesting:

Screenshot_20210213-145423.png

I don't think we were that bad before they scored. Just ridiculously timid. If more teams were willing to go at Liverpool I don't think they'd be as high up the table as they are.

For those of us who missed it:

And highlights as they won't get old watching them!

And Klopp interview - normally I'd find humour in it but must have been tough for him this week.

75 minutes of absolute guff, and then Liverpool shat their pants.

Not quite sure how we won that, but we’ll take it!

Ndidi was immense. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...I can’t think of a team in world football that he wouldn’t be a regular starter for.

Just wish we’d have all been there to witness it. Imagine the scenes for the last 15 mins where we celebrate each goal, shortly followed by all of us looking at each other shrugging.

Ndidi was indeed head and shoulders clear as the best player on the pitch.

Update on the stat from earlier. Ndidi and Tielemans together this season is now Pld11 W9 D2 L0.

Keep those two fit and we finish top four. It's that simple.

On our first goal, I still think it should have been a penalty. It was given as a penalty and there was no angle that disproved that. It was very tight but as the decision had been given, I can't understand how VAR overrides it.

Then, on the free kick, it goes in direct so no offside. And even if you make some spurious claim that Amartey was interferring, he wasn't offside.

actually by attempting to score Amartey becomes active, it stood because Firminho's foot was playing him onside

On our first goal, I still think it should have been a penalty. It was given as a penalty and there was no angle that disproved that. It was very tight but as the decision had been given, I can't understand how VAR overrides it.

Then, on the free kick, it goes in direct so no offside. And even if you make some spurious claim that Amartey was interferring, he wasn't offside.
Yeah but Klopp said they were hard done to. So there.

Is that right it was called a pen first? I did think he’d pointed at the spot. BT of course didn’t even talk about that at the time

I thought the ref gave a free kick but VAR was checking if it was a penalty instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566