Post Match Leicester 3 Rotherham 0

First and last match of the season for me.

We ****ing battered them.

Let’s have it right, Daka and Casadei getting goals is fantastic. Those two, along with Souttar have felt the most distant from the squad somehow this season. That they are contributing at such a busy time of the season is enormous for us.

I thought Casadei was excellent when he came on.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, you miserable ****s.

6 points clear of second
13 points clear of third
24! points clear of seventh
38 points clear of relegation

Another game where the smart people should have turned up at 4pm.

The first half was self-indulgent horseshit. Maybe EM doesn't need to rotate because he sends his team out to just walk around for 45 minutes.

Second half again and we started with some interest in making runs into the right places and forcing things. For the third home game in a row, we win it by injecting about 10-15 minutes of energy.

Rotherham were a poor side just waiting to get beaten. We faffed about for too long but got there in the end. Their left back did a good job on Fatawu who is usually the player that elevates things.

I don't enjoy it much but I cannot argue with its effectiveness at this level. We're absolutely cruising this league aren't we.

Another shift up of two or three gears for the second half, and we ****ing destroyed them

It‘s incredibly hard to break down teams who play like Rov’rum and all credit to this bunch of players who don’t panic, but just do the graft and stick to the plan, safe in the knowledge that they are good enough to grind the shithouses into the ground.

Those match stats are genuinely insane and testament to what the manager has got this group of players doing. It’s fascinating to watch it in action, imo. Will never please the lump it up, kick and rush brigade, but they can all **** off as far as I’m concerned. This season is extraordinary, and I’m loving it.

First half was a bit of a mess, and forward moving things were breaking down far too early, before we had to pause and regroup. Second half was just excellent.

Some very good (second half) performances from Faes, Ricardo, MavididI and Daka, but Winks was the probably the pick of the bunch.

Still think Justin is shite, unfortunately. Hope Doyle comes back soon fit and firing

Big shout out also for both Casadei and Praet, who looked excellent when they came on.

We all know what the highlight of the afternoon was though - ladies and gentlemen I give you that Patson Daka header (you know the one).

God bless you, my beautiful Zambian Prince.

Another shift up of two or three gears for the second half, and we ****ing destroyed them

It‘s incredibly hard to break down teams who play like Rov’rum and all credit to this bunch of players who don’t panic, but just do the graft and stick to the plan, safe in the knowledge that they are good enough to grind the shithouses into the ground.

Those match stats are genuinely insane and testament to what the manager has got this group of players doing. It’s fascinating to watch it in action, imo. Will never please the lump it up, kick and rush brigade, but they can all **** off as far as I’m concerned. This season is extraordinary, and I’m loving it.

First half was a bit of a mess, and forward moving things were breaking down far too early, before we had to pause and regroup. Second half was just excellent.

Some very good (second half) performances from Faes, Ricardo, MavididI and Daka, but Winks was the probably the pick of the bunch.

Still think Justin is shite, unfortunately. Hope Doyle comes back soon fit and firing

Big shout out also for both Casadei and Praet, who looked excellent when they came on.

We all know what the highlight of the afternoon was though - ladies and gentlemen I give you that Patson Daka header (you know the one).

It was a fabulous one two.

And just to stop the positivity for a second

The referee was ****ing clueless for most of the match - he was guessing for most decisions, including our penalty

And our new stadium announcer is everything I hate about the modern ‘match day experience’. A total ****

How many goals are involved in “really punishing” a team? A 3-0 victory where it was never really in doubt seems pretty strong
they were there for a right good spanking, it is about putting the fear of God into the entire league, Daka could have had a hat trick but we eased off.

And our new stadium announcer is everything I hate about the modern ‘match day experience’. A total ****

I still haven't accepted the fella that has been doing it since we moved stadium.

The Filbert St chap that thanked AG Kemble from Leicester Road, Wigston for supplying the records each game is the only one for me.

My own thoughts:
First half Rotherham looked okay - but I feel that’s because we allowed them to. Boring as **** but I think EM has a habit of using the first half to size up the oppo. An explanation why our second half is (lately) always so different. By the way would love to hear his half time talk. I see all players using their position and seeing how the oppo react, running a little narrative to feed the second half reaction
Second half: we upped the tempo insanely, as we have the last few games. Quicker passing, fabulous positioning, instigating training ground moves. We’ve worn them down, we are exploiting their weaknesses. ****ing lovely stuff. And at this point to replace the players that need the rest and professionally see out the game.
I think EM may be a genius. But like previously, we may eventually get found out.
And as for the new stadium announcer: what the actual ****? Thought I was at a ball game. Who the **** says ‘West Brom-witch’
But in Enzo, I trust.

...We all know what the highlight of the afternoon was though - ladies and gentlemen I give you that Patson Daka header (you know the one).

I actually laughed out loud at that. I think part of that was imagining Pop's reaction to it.

Good to see us scoring more goals regularly.
In our last five games we have scored 2, 4, 3, 3, and 3.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463