Post Match Leicester 3 Stoke 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on West Ham... 1-0 already.

Well I did predict 3-0!
Been out all day and I come back to this! Absolutely beautiful. :)
Have a great evening everyone. X

Brilliant. Took our chances and apart from that one free header never looked like conceding. Comfortably the better side, and that'll do our confidence the world of good going into another tough run of games.

Fan-flipping-tastic! Great result - and a another clean sheet (+ we had over 40% possession!)
Just by the way - On Skye Sports did Phil Thompson compare Spurs' Demi alli goal to Frank Worthington - or did I mis-hear?

Yes he did

Good job our wheels have fell off, imagine how good we'd be if they were on!

Pleasantly surprised by Schmeichel finally coming out for crosses today. Drinkwater and Kante were sensational.

A nice belated birthday present Leicester, thanks.

Good job our wheels have fell off, imagine how good we'd be if they were on!

Aye I was thinking the same. This win would've been a little more amazing had the wheels not already come off and sadly we've lost too much ground on Spurs now.

Aye I was thinking the same. This win would've been a little more amazing had the wheels not already come off and sadly we've lost too much ground on Spurs now.
True, with Vardy scoring it's a shame he is so far behind Sir Harry Kane, saviour of all England, in the goal charts

Wait…

A totally dominant performance from the off

Back four were excellent, with a special mention for Simpson who was outstanding

Super stuff from Okazaki, and from Albrighton in patches

But my goodness, Drinkwater and Kante were something else. Absolutely wonderful stuff from both of them. Breathtaking brilliance, I love them

Shitty Stoke never got a sniff.

Ten points clear of fifth, FFS. In your feckin' face

There were some key changes in style today. We played a higher line, we were playing short, quick passes, our attacking movement was much better and we were pressing more than we have been since Christmas. Schmeichel throwing it short rather than kicking to the wide men made a difference too.

I thought it was obvious as early as ten minutes in that we were back on it, just from the defensive line and pressing. And yet people around were moaning that we were playing badly and that it looked as though Stoke had an extra player early on. Idiots.

I'm going to say it now; we will finish in the top four. We've probably done enough that we can afford to lose our games against the big boys, too. Win our home games and we'll be in the draw with the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

There were some key changes in style today. We played a higher line, we were playing short, quick passes, our attacking movement was much better and we were pressing more than we have been since Christmas.

After the match CR said that we can't press like that in every match, so he's clearly trying to play a style to suit the match and got it right today.

Consistency is everything.

Apr = W 4 D 0 L 1 P 12/15
May = W 3 D 1 L 0 P 10/12
Aug = W 2 D 2 L 0 P 8/12
Sept = W 1 D 1 L 1 P 4/9
Oct = W 3 D 1 L 0 P 10/12
Nov = W 2 D 1 L 0 P 7/9
Dec = W 3 D 1 L 1 P 10/12
Jan = W 2 D 2 L 0 P 8/12

Unless there is a major drop in form from the above, get your passports ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669