Post Match Leicester 4 Aston Villa 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows where a shoulder ends and an arm begins. In my opinion it brushed his arm so I thought it was a penalty. Some would say it hit the shoulder.

Are people seriously suggesting JJ is ahead of Chilwell now after only one game??

One game whereby the opposition literally offered no attacking threat whatsoever.

Looks a good prospect but impossible to judge against the standard of opposition we witnessed yesterday.

No one knows where a shoulder ends and an arm begins.
In that case perhaps we should consult no one on the subject. But it might be easier to actually think about it for ourselves.
The arm consists of three bones, the uppermost of which is the humerus. The shoulder is another bone; the scapula. Strip away the skin and flesh and it is pretty obvious what is arm and what is shoulder. It seems obvious that the part of the flesh and skin that covers the arm bones are part of the arm. The flesh and skin above that that covers the scapula and across to the neck is the shoulder.
The ball clearly struck the former, which was moving in the direction of the flight of the ball. A clear penalty which should not have needed such a delayed confirmation from the VAR.

Last edited:
No one knows where a shoulder ends and an arm begins.
In that case perhaps we should consult no one on the subject. But it might be easier to actually think about it for ourselves.

I think it was a 'hand/arm'- ball - if Mings was standing upright it probaly would not have been given, but the way he dived across to intercept the ball ( to stop it from reaching a lurking Vardy) may also have influenced the ref's decision.

Unusally for me, haven't commented on last night yet.

I thought we were excellent. We looked like a side diligently playing their way back into form after a bad spell. Yes, we were a bit sloppy at times, but it was heartening to see a change of formation that worked.

Justin was very good. Nowhere near as good as Chilwell as yet but he definitely has talent and I wouldn't be concerned about him playing either side for us. I thought Evans was immense too. My man of the match was Praet (again). I feel like I'm biased now as I just love watching him. He is a terrific player as exemplified in my moment of the match, his 60 yard cross field ball that was so powerfully hit and absolutely perfect.

Iheanacho looked a bit lacking in umph again. Vardy being back to his old self is reassuring. He usually goes on scoring runs after a bad run like this. Barnes looks to be getting physically stronger, as though he's working on his upper body strength. He is still too shy on the pitch but it was as good as I've seen him and there is no doubt that he's progressing.

Villa were absolute relegation fodder. What a mess of a side. There is some shit in this league if there are three worse sides than them come the end of the season.

Unusally for me, haven't commented on last night yet.

I thought we were excellent. We looked like a side diligently playing their way back into form after a bad spell. Yes, we were a bit sloppy at times, but it was heartening to see a change of formation that worked.

Justin was very good. Nowhere near as good as Chilwell as yet but he definitely has talent and I wouldn't be concerned about him playing either side for us. I thought Evans was immense too. My man of the match was Praet (again). I feel like I'm biased now as I just love watching him. He is a terrific player as exemplified in my moment of the match, his 60 yard cross field ball that was so powerfully hit and absolutely perfect.

Iheanacho looked a bit lacking in umph again. Vardy being back to his old self is reassuring. He usually goes on scoring runs after a bad run like this. Barnes looks to be getting physically stronger, as though he's working on his upper body strength. He is still too shy on the pitch but it was as good as I've seen him and there is no doubt that he's progressing.

Villa were absolute relegation fodder. What a mess of a side. There is some shit in this league if there are three worse sides than them come the end of the season.
The only thing I would say is that Justin has had 2 starts for us one at right back and one at left back and on both occasions he's been excellent. Only if he plays more often will we know if he's more consistent than Chillwell. The lads not put a foot wrong to date and shown that he deserves his chance in the first team. Chillwell can go missing in games and always seems to have a mistake in his locker.

I feel people underrate Chilwell. He isn’t perfect - far from it defensively but he offers so, so much more than that.

His final ball can also be found wanting sometimes but overall he is a wonderful player who is more than capable of playing at a higher level.

Enjoy him while he’s our player because if he leaves and progresses as I expect - we will miss a truly world class left sided player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263