Post Match Leicester 4 Aston Villa 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I thought we looked a bit shaky til about 15 mins. Then we started to dominate.
When the 70th Minute hit, we looked like we did at Soton. Ruthless, effective and team like. Made our own luck a lot by pushing everyone forward as a combined force. Fourth goal was exceptional.

Let's have it right, it was a game of two halves.

1st half we were shit, no movement off the ball (again) and hardly any pressure on them considering how they papped their pants in the 2nd half when we got near them.

We could easily have been 2 goals down inside 8 minutes to the worst team I think I've seen down there.

2nd half was great but there is a lot of work to do to get back to our best.

Very pleased with that, should give us a much needed confidence boost.
Hoping we are not going to see matches played behind closed doors, but this looks a real possibility, given recent decisions.
Hopefully we will be arranging a few matches at the King Power in preparation for what must be a strange experience. How about Cov or Forest!

I think Ricardo and Albrighton have a good understanding of each other and look good on that side. Albrighton capably covers Ricardo and vice versa, and they look like they get along well too. Wonder if they train closely together and do the same drills?

1st half we were shit, no movement off the ball (again) and hardly any pressure on them considering how they papped their pants in the 2nd half when we got near them.

We could easily have been 2 goals down inside 8 minutes to the worst team I think I've seen down there.

I’ve been as hard on us as anybody in recent months but it’s rubbish to say we were shit in the first half. If we could easily have been 2 down after 8 minutes then you also need to remember we could have had another four ourselves by half-time.

It was a different type of performance - using their weakness from crosses rather than playing through them - but we were attacking with tempo and pressing with some much-missed aggression. We became more fluid in the second half as our confidence grew, but we have to know how to win more than one way.

Me and those around me were very happy at the break. We were imposing ourselves on a team for the first time in ages and you could feel a comfortable win coming even then.

You’re right that this is no time for complacency

I think Ricardo and Albrighton have a good understanding of each other and look good on that side. Albrighton capably covers Ricardo and vice versa, and they look like they get along well too. Wonder if they train closely together and do the same drills?

Mutual masturbation sessions. That'll be it.

I’ve been as hard on us as anybody in recent months but it’s rubbish to say we were shit in the first half. If we could easily have been 2 down after 8 minutes then you also need to remember we could have had another four ourselves by half-time.

It was a different type of performance - using their weakness from crosses rather than playing through them - but we were attacking with tempo and pressing with some much-missed aggression. We became more fluid in the second half as our confidence grew, but we have to know how to win more than one way.

Me and those around me were very happy at the break. We were imposing ourselves on a team for the first time in ages and you could feel a comfortable win coming even then.

You’re right that this is no time for complacency

I agree with this, however, the two sitters that they missed first could have completely changed the game.

Defensively we started the game terribly.

Overall a great result but when you get carved open by a team as bad as that then we still have a lot to sort out.

After the dire first ten minutes or so (recent memories of S'hampton, Norwich, Burnley, Villa in LC ) we looked back to our best - we were unlucky that Evans, Nacho, Soyuncu didn't get more from the corners. Second half showed desire, determination and nice skills. Great performances from a couple of old favourites, and the new lad Justin looks real quality. Quite simply we out played them in every area of the park and truely grateful that Ndidi is back, he gives the whole team (and fans) confidence.

A dodgy first 10 mins followed by an excellent 80 mins. A 4-0 win. Yet some ****ers still find stuff to moan about.

Unbelievable.

You watched a different game to the rest of us. Villa had a game plan to try and score first and then defend for the rest of the game. They went at us from the start and were better for the first 8 minutes. After that we were superb. At half-time everyone said how well we had played.

I agree with this, however, the two sitters that they missed first could have completely changed the game.

Defensively we started the game terribly.

Overall a great result but when you get carved open by a team as bad as that then we still have a lot to sort out.

I genuinely can’t remember what those sitters were. I though we started slowly but can’t remember any Villa chance which made me think ‘they should have put that away’.

I genuinely can’t remember what those sitters were. I though we started slowly but can’t remember any Villa chance which made me think ‘they should have put that away’.

Then you need to watch the first 8 minutes of the game

No, we should have been 2 up.
Evans and Cags both missed good heading chances from corners

No, we should have been 2 up.
Evans and Cags both missed good heading chances from corners

The Evans one was a good save, The Cags one was a terrible header. Both occurred after the Villa chances.

The Evans one was a good save, The Cags one was a terrible header. Both occurred after the Villa chances.
Villa chances were only half chances.
They had 4, yes a mighty 4, touches in our area.
They really did carve us open!

Not convinced that Mings was guilty of handball for the pen tbh. Looked like a shoulder. But whatever, we won anyway despite that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566