Leicester 4 Barnsley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I continually surprised by the feckwits they have on the phone in after the games?

Still wittering on about not having Fryatt, strikers not scoring enough goals, That Mee should be dropped for Hobbs, That Sven shouldnt be bringing certain players on, another on about Fryatt AGAIN!

Morons!!!

I thought Wellens and Yakubu were poor today, but some cracking goals.

I thought four to five of them played poor today but showed enough intelligence to win.

Hmm...still negative about Mee. Van Aanholt disappointed me, an ATTACKING full back pretty much sums him up.

We were very average first half but stepped up. I really think we will make a statement against a fellow top ten side soon, when we play at pace its beautiful.

3 Fantastic goals. The defence looks good, Mee looked a lot better. Van Aanholt looked steady, however on todays performance I'd say Cunningham is better on first impression & he worries me that he just thinks he's a Maicon type full back who plays as a left winger. 3 points, great performance. Bring on the sheep!

Onwards & Upwards! :038:

4 fab goals think kings first was the best , awesome chip, naughtons was a cracker , thought abe was a little poor today and was his soft tackling again that let them score , anyway 4-1 so who cares

I thought Wellens and Yakubu were poor today, but some cracking goals.

Yakubu seemed lazy. Wellens was poor only due to his own high standard usually.

Neither of them was as bad as Abe though. Really lost concentration for their goal and never recovered before being deservedly substituted in the second half.

What were the goals like? BBC says Gally's was a 30 yard shot, and then just says who scored the others...

Looking forward to hearing from those at the game :)

Gally's 25 yarder, keeper assisted top corner.
Kingy chip from 12 yards over the keeper
Kingy 20 yards placed in right corner
Naughton 30 yards, blasted top corner.

Last edited:
Why am I continually surprised by the feckwits they have on the phone in after the games?

Still wittering on about not having Fryatt, strikers not scoring enough goals, That Mee should be dropped for Hobbs, That Sven shouldnt be bringing certain players on, another on about Fryatt AGAIN!

Morons!!!

They may have a point if we were losing week in week out and not scoring goals.

Oh wait..... :icon_lol:

I couldn't give a rats arse about Matty Fryatt and what he's doing for Hull. Yes, Yakubu (2 in 4 appearances is still damn good) wasn't on form today, but another one of our front men got a goal and we're scoring from elsewhere on the field.

Some people just like to moan no matter what.

Last edited:
Exactly.

He didn't want to be here so he left. Simple.

There is far too much negativity on there after today's game, and I can't understand why.

This time last season I was convinced we would get in the play-offs, despite us not putting in quality performances and for the most part just grinding out results.

Right now, not only am I convinced we will get into the play-offs if we keep the team mentality that is clear to see but I'm also starting to think that 2nd ISN'T so unreachable.

I don't give a feck what other teams around us are doing as long as we are doing the job, and so far, everything is going to plan.

My only problem now is that it's going to be a bit of a dilemma in choosing who to vote for for Goal of the Season!

Exactly.

He didn't want to be here so he left. Simple.

There is far too much negativity on there after today's game, and I can't understand why.

This time last season I was convinced we would get in the play-offs, despite us not putting in quality performances and for the most part just grinding out results.

Right now, not only am I convinced we will get into the play-offs if we keep the team mentality that is clear to see but I'm also starting to think that 2nd ISN'T so unreachable.

I don't give a feck what other teams around us are doing as long as we are doing the job, and so far, everything is going to plan.

My only problem now is that it's going to be a bit of a dilemma in choosing who to vote for for Goal of the Season!

Kingy vs Leeds has to be up there too!

I though it was one of the best today. It was calm, controlled and he knew exactly what he was doing.

Exactly, which was to take it on himself rather than put through for Yak to cock it up!

I though it was one of the best today. It was calm, controlled and he knew exactly what he was doing.

It was one of the best, just the 4th best. Had it been scored in another game where there hadn't been 3 crackers. Kingy's first absolutely demolishes his second, as does Gally's beauty & Naughton's screamer.

All 4 goals were absolute beauties for us.

Oh, and I ****ing love Sol Bamba! He's such a cocky player. The way he brings the ball down in his own penalty area, the way when he's last man he lobs the attacker, the way he beats and turns attackers as if he's a skillful winger instead of a centre-half. He's so good to watch. He's like Ibrahimovic in that he makes your heart skip a beat at times when he takes risks, but he's one of those players who has so many "Federer moments" when you just have to laugh because you can't quite believe what he's just done.

Last edited:
All 4 of the goals were brilliant, Kings second only looks average in comparison to our other goals but it was top drawer finishing in anyone's book.
Yakubu was really poor today, I can't decide whether he was unfit or just lazy. Vassell is wasted out wide.

Oh, and I ****ing love Sol Bamba! He's such a cocky player. The way he brings the ball down in his own penalty area, the way when he's last man he lobs the attacker, the way he beats and turns attackers as if he's a skillful winger instead of a centre-half. He's so good to watch. He's like Ibrahimovic in that he makes your heart skip a beat at times when he takes risks, but he's one of those players who has so many "Federer moments" when you just have to laugh because you can't quite believe what he's just done.

I agree with you, but he did get caught out a couple of times today so hopefully the coaching staff will keep him on track.

Naughton's goal the best - 30yds out, on the run and lashed it into the top corner......you'll do well to see a better goal than that this season!

I agree with you, but he did get caught out a couple of times today so hopefully the coaching staff will keep him on track.

That's the beauty of him as a player though, hence the comparison with Zlatan (not in terms of quality, I mean in terms of style). You know he could throw the game away for you, because of his cockiness, but that's what makes it even better when he pulls it off. It's the moment when your heart stops for a nano-second just before he's about to do it as you don't know what's about to happen that I find so brilliant. :icon_lol: I know not everyone likes that in a player, but I personally think players like that are fantastic to watch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69