Leicester 4 Barnsley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also forgot to mention, incredibly disappointed with Naughton's goal celebration today. An absolute shocker from the young man..

That's the beauty of him as a player though, hence the comparison with Zlatan (not in terms of quality, I mean in terms of style). You know he could throw the game away for you, because of his cockiness, but that's what makes it even better when he pulls it off. It's the moment when your heart stops for a nano-second just before he's about to do it as you don't know what's about to happen that I find so brilliant. :icon_lol: I know not everyone likes that in a player, but I personally think players like that are fantastic to watch.

Its a tad more interesting to watch than the shite old days of Kisnorbo and MacAuley slicing every touch out for a throw in.

Great Result - Seems the word from the last 2 games has been Yakubu's attitude and work rate aren't the best. I wasn't at the games, so can someone comment on this?

Seems the view from Everton fans is when he's not scoring he's lazy and prone to disappear from games. Shame, if indeed a player looking to restart his career would lack motivation at a new club that's pushing for promotion.

Lovely result, with four fantastic goals - the only thing that soured the match for me were the utter ****wits that sat near me.

The bloke behind me spent the whole 90 minutes either complaining about the signing of Bamba as "he is not good enough for the Premier League at the moment" or saying that Jack Hobbs should be playing as he would walk into any Premier League club "including Manchester United". His brat of a son spent the whole 90 mins kicking the back of my seat despite several times telling him to stop.

The bloke to my left in his Arsenal shirt spent the entire match playing games on his mobile whilst his two sons (one in a Man Utd shirt and the other in a Liverpool) decided to play I-spy.

Slightly odd game, we really weren't that great but came away with four goals; three of which were just outstanding.

Weale - 6 - Did what he had to do, not sure he could have prevented the goal. Watching Ricardo drop everything and put in no effort to make saves during the warm up I doubt he'll be challenged any time soon.

Naughton - 7 - What a goal, one of the best i've ever seen live. Supported a lacklustre Vassell and dealt with their big left winger.

Bamba - 7 - Very cool, a few runs, a few tricks, dominating in the air. I'm sure he'll keep getting better with the right partener next to him.

Mee - 5 - A bit shit, woeful distribution. One thing I will say for the lad, he knows how to put his foot in, made a couple of crunching tackles today.

Van Aanholt - 5 - Just not great in general, regularly too narrow allowing them to switch play with ease. Lost the ball too often, although he did hit the bar with a good free kick.

Wellens - 6 - Not his strongest performance, he struggled to get into the game just either side of half time as we kept giving the ball away.

Abe - 6 - Same as Wellens, just kept things ticking over when he could.

King - 8 - Not an outstanding performance but yet more goals, his first was a Bergkamp-esque chip.

Gallagher - 7 - Fine strike for his goal, of all our attacking options today I though he used the ball best. Their defence seemed to back off him a ridiculous amount and he had a few good efforts from outside of the box.

Vassell - 5 - Struggled to make any impact, had one very good run though that could have lead to more had he not been hacked down.

Yakubu - 6 - Looks fine with the ball at his feet its just his 'relaxed' approach to hold up play that annoyed me slightly. Should have scored after an excellent through ball by Dyer late on.

At 1-0 we allowed them to put us under pressure even when King put us two up. When they got a goal back our defence looked disorganised and it needed brilliant work by Naughton to stop an equaliser.

The goals were superb but IMO Naughtons clearance off the line (which I did not think he was going to get to) was more important than his goal. I don't think any other recent defender would have been fast enough to clear that.

In the second half I thought the performance was excellent especially when Oakley and Dyer replaced Abe and a very subdued Vassell.

A lot of people may not realise that Waghorn was going to come on as a sub until La Bamba got a knock and was replaced by Hobbs. Presumably this will cost Waghorn some appearance money.

Vassell - 5 - Struggled to make any impact, had one very good run though that could have lead to more had he not been hacked down.

What about his beauty of a backheel assist for King's first?

thought we were average today, let them get in te game at the end of the first half when we should have been handing them the pasteing of a life time. Theyre a poor poor team. having said that 4 beautiful goals

My photos from today - not as, ahem, interesting as BFs, and the exposure is crap (I tried to adjust the settings etc, but I think I was simply too far away for decent shots), which is a shame because there is one I would love.

As for the performance, I didn't think it was brilliant, the goals were, however. I can't wait to see us rip another team apart when we do decide to put a shift in, hoping it's Cov at the end of the month.

Mee - 5 - A bit shit, woeful distribution. One thing I will say for the lad, he knows how to put his foot in, made a couple of crunching tackles today.

I must have been watching a different player as I'd hardly describe his peformance as "a bit shit". Admitedly, his distribution needs working on but I thought he was rather competent, tackled with purpose and won most of his headers.

Last edited:
My photos from today - not as, ahem, interesting as BFs, and the exposure is crap (I tried to adjust the settings etc, but I think I was simply too far away for decent shots), which is a shame because there is one I would love.

As for the performance, I didn't think it was brilliant, the goals were, however. I can't wait to see us rip another team apart when we do decide to put a shift in, hoping it's Cov at the end of the month.

Could have done with a few close ups of the cheerleaders.

I thought Mee played well too. I think he has got "Oakley" syndrome down where people just pick up on all his mistakes because it's him, whereas if they made by another player would forget about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69