Post Match Leicester 4 Burnley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnes was MotM by a mile. He was absolutely fantastic tonight. I thought Vardy was also excellent and had some lovely touches in and around the box.

I really like the version of Praet we have seen in the second half of both games this season. Much more endeavour and looking to get forward which is much more like it.

I didn't think Mendy looked that great. He wasn't awful he was just a bit too messy and after 70 minutes he looked out on his feet. For the most part, Perez was the same as last week; lacklustre and far too easily dispossessed although he did really well for our 3rd. I actually think Justin was okay going forward and that showed with his goal but he is naive at the back. He has to be stronger if he's to be a good full back. A word on Maddison who was excellent when he came on.

All in all though, pretty good and with Under coming in, we look a really threat. Another CB and a striker if possible and we will be set for a very good season hopefully.

We looked ****ing knackered just before their second. Could definitely be shatted pants time if Praet hadn't hammered that in. Not sure how to judge the overall quality of our play as it's difficult to play sexy when Burnley are playing.

So, we lost on the all important xG thing then?

Not good enough.

At times we were almost back to our wankable best.

At other times though, we were a bit wank.

Top of the league though so who cares.

Looking like we are shaping up for a decent season though as we look a well balanced team even missing a couple today.

Praet so much better playing further forward rather than holding. Mendy very tidy and calm as usual but Barnes MOTM for me - he's looked very sharp so far and with another threat on the other wing now, it could create even more space and chances for him.

All about the Belgians for me today. Praet, Tielemans and Castange all superb. Particularly impressed with Praet as I thought he was distinctly average last season, but played very well today, even the goal.

Justin and Perez both shite.

Barnes suffers from not having the ability to finish like Vardy. He's still raw, he's exciting and if it clicks we've got an absolute treasure in the team.

Cheek by jowl with Everton at the top of the league - it’s like it’s 1962 and we’ve just signed a scarily dangerous winger called Mike Stringfellow. The good times will end soon enough when I wake up, but for the time being, really enjoying it.

I, like a lot of people it seems, was not exactly looking forward to the start of the season - expecting us to be substandard, like the end of the previous season.

I'm very pleased to see the way this team have gone out and performed in the opening games, admittedly against not the greatest of opponents but I think our attitude has been excellent.

Praet ran the ****ing show from start to finish. I absolutely love him.

Tielemans looks right on it. Slim, ready to receive the ball, and playing in his best position.

If Barnes keeps playing like this we are going to be a nightmare to play against.

Get Ricardo back in this side for Justin (who struggled but has some real qualities too).

Evans for Mendy, who has been excellent, but is inevitably keeping the seat warm for Wilf.

Add Under for Perez (see Justin).

I think Brendan deserves credit for sorting out the midfield. Tielemans looks so much better playing in a deeper role, and Praet looks like a different player with the licence to be the attacking one of the three. I finally see what his role is and (presumably) why we signed him.

Of course new signings are important. And in Castagne we looked to have signed a gem. Ünder is a player in a position we desperately need. And hopefully there’s one or two beyond that. But the key to having a good season for me was getting the important players we already have to turn their form around. It’s only been two games but we seem to have done that (for the most part). Again (presumably) credit for that goes to Brendan and his team.

Mendy reminds me of Okazaki in the way he’s able to use his lack of size to win free kicks.

Praet ran the ****ing show from start to finish. I absolutely love him.

Tielemans looks right on it. Slim, ready to receive the ball, and playing in his best position.

If Barnes keeps playing like this we are going to be a nightmare to play against.

Get Ricardo back in this side for Justin (who struggled but has some real qualities too).

Evans for Mendy, who has been excellent, but is inevitably keeping the seat warm for Wilf.

Add Under for Perez (see Justin).
I wouldn't drop Mendy for Wilf at the moment. He is a better passer of the ball and playing as well defensively.

Had to pause it and have just finished...

aside from a few dodgy moments we looked excellent in the second half. Imagine:

castypants Soyunchypants Evans RickyP

Ooooh ya.

The criticism of Perez and Justin is a little harsh they are both being played out of position and are filling in. Justin was bullied by Wood but I think the vast majority of defenders in this league would be.
Perez is at his best as a number 9 he is a good player but unfortunately he isn't being used to the best of his abilities.
We have got 6 points without our strongest 11 it's in our hands to have a great season.

So, we lost on the all important xG thing then?

Not good enough.

Doesn’t look right that does it. I’d have thought Justin’s goal alone would have an xG of 0.99!!
That pass from Youri to Castagnes though. Sweet baby jesus. Wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363