Leicester 4 Cheltenham 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rovers have equalised against Leeds

You close the match thread too quickly - it's not clever you know :)

I know, Millwall got a late winner

a very satisfying satdi for us.

Dons now 15 behind with 3 games in hand, Peterbro 12 behind

10 games to play and 12 points ahead. Wonderful, have we been happier since before MON left?

yeah, I'll give you that one.

A good season for results for us.
One figure that is very good is: Played 36, Goal difference +40. the chasing pack are around +18

Leeds drop to 7th

Good result.

Sounds like we played well too.. On Final Score they said Cleverley's goal was a brilliant solo effort (think they said he went around 3/4 players before scoring), and Oakley's topped off a brilliant team goal. Looking forward to seeing both on the highlights :)

Well done City, nice to get a win after so many draws lately, especially a big win, even if it is against the bottom of the table side.

Be interested to hear how Gradel did today.

Last edited:
Just got back - the Cleverley and Oakley goals were two of the best moves I have seen at the Walkers Stadium - we walked the ball into the net..........

Gradel was very good - not outstanding, but very steady and we looked refreshing on the left side.

Very good performance again today. I thought all 4 goals were outstanding to be fair but oakleys was the highlight for me. Gradel was good, fryatt, king and howard were steady. I thought cleverley was excellent but oakley was outstanding. To me he is the best signing we have made in a long while.

Hobbs and morrison look more composed with each other every game and i am confident with these two in the championship alongside tunchev.

Nice to finally meet a member from here too today good speaking to you Boc

Just got back. The whole team played well and should have scored 8 if they had tried harder!

Great tactical move starting Gradel and Cleverley. Should mean Dyer starting from the bench from now on.

Cheltenham were truly awful. Your team is in deep doo doo if Elvis Hammond is your best player!

Cheltenham were shite, though their fans were an entertaining bunch.

But you can only beat whats put in front of you, and whilst the back four didn't look to be in much bother all game, all the work was done in midfield. Oakley ran the show, and Cleverly and Gradel both gave decent accounts of themselves out wide.

I am a tad annoyed that Howard scored first instead of Fryatt, as I had Fryatt and 4-0, but we also had Oakley as last scorer so at least that made up for it!:icon_bigg

Cheltenham were shite, though their fans were an entertaining bunch.

:038::038::038: Some of the best fans ive ever seen, doing conga lines and Mexican waves when you are 4-0 down is great stuff, good on em. Grew a big soft spot for their fans today, hope they stay up, however unlikey

And MA waving when the fans sang "Mad dog give us a wave at 4-0 down" :081:

Overall, one of the most enjoyable games ive been to in ages. Fantastic stuff, we completely battered them.

Still unsure how an own goal can be off-side though

If the defender scored an OG because he was trying to clear a ball that was going to an offside player it should be considered offside.

Good point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673