Post Match Leicester 4 Derby 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff. Brilliant first 25 mins and we'd have been out of sight if it wasn't for some good saves from their keeper.

They came back into way too much after that - although I don't think we were actually playing that badly in that time as such. 3rd goal was a relief.

4-1 probably flatters us a bit but very happy with the result! :)

After 30 minutes I thought we might actually win 72-0.

Rode the Derby storm out and snapped their backs late.

Waghorn looks a different player, Marshall superb when he came on.

Whitbread played well too in fairness. And nuggeybum is just lovely isn't he?

Last edited:
Even a half fit Nugent is a beast.

Him and Waghorn been looking like a really really good strike force recently.

What a lovely hit by Nuge at the end, classy finish.

Would I be odd if I said that I didn't enjoy that. For me, we went 2-0 up and then just stood off them. Whilst I accept they look a good team and the young lad Hughes looks class, we made it so easy for them. We are a very good side when we play with tempo. If I were a Derby fan, I'd feel unfortunate.

Scoreline probably flattered us a little bit as Derby had us on the ropes after equalising for a good 30-40 mins.

Doesn't matter though as it was the win that was the main thing. Waghorn was unplayable for the first half hour and unlucky to only come away with one but MOTM for me would have to be big wes. The man is simply unbeatable at the moment and just seems to be getting better and better.

Great timing of the subs too and they both made a great impact, would imagine they'd both be inline for a start next game. James also had a good impact after coming on too.

All in all a great win but possibly a tad harsh on Derby but onwards and upwards to the top 2 as its a couple of winnable away games next!

Would I be odd if I said that I didn't enjoy that. For me, we went 2-0 up and then just stood off them. Whilst I accept they look a good team and the young lad Hughes looks class, we made it so easy for them. We are a very good side when we play with tempo. If I were a Derby fan, I'd feel unfortunate.

I enjoyed it. It was frustrating that we lost our way a bit but I didn't really feel concerned at any point. Derby were better than the scoreline suggests and with an extra bit of individual class they could have stolen a point. They didn't have that though, so all is good.

I thought the quality was just awful. It was so frustrating. It never really seemed to get going properly, just constant stop, start, stop, start the whole match. No real consistency at all. I was shouting at the screen at one point. I suppose this is what you have to put up with though when watching a dodgy Internet stream

Scoreline probably flattered us a little bit as Derby had us on the ropes after equalising for a good 30-40 mins.

Doesn't matter though as it was the win that was the main thing. Waghorn was unplayable for the first half hour and unlucky to only come away with one but MOTM for me would have to be big wes. The man is simply unbeatable at the moment and just seems to be getting better and better.

Great timing of the subs too and they both made a great impact, would imagine they'd both be inline for a start next game. James also had a good impact after coming on too.

All in all a great win but possibly a tad harsh on Derby but onwards and upwards to the top 2 as its a couple of winnable away games next!

They never equalised ;)

But yes, agree with the rest.

Nuge was fantastic when he came on. He's been brilliant. Imagine if he'd been fit to start!

Dyer played really well again too I think. Been so impressed by his performances this season. I've always been a Dyer fan, but thought for a promotion-winning team his role would be as a squad player and impact off the bench. But he's in such good form at the minute, a constant threat. Dyer playing at his best must be so tough to play against!

Haha good spot, **** no's what I was thinking there but it was looking quite likely until Nuge came to the rescue!

Edit - Dam you Jeff, you see straight through me!

Last edited:
Ok. maybe it was the beer. We scored 4 and it could have been more. Shove that one up your sheeps bottom, you bunch of poopers.

After 30 minutes I thought we might actually win 72-0.

Rode the Derby storm out and snapped their backs late.

Waghorn looks a different player, Marshall superb when he came on.

Whitbread played well too in fairness. And nuggeybum is just lovely isn't he?

Nuggeybum, Waggybum, Knockybum, Drinkybum all a lovely bunch.. just hope you don't meet them.

"You should never meet your heroes. Paul Newman... I was so excited about meeting him, but he turned up in shell suit bottoms, slippers, and a jumper. He was just so worn out and old, he wanted to go home" AC

They never equalised ;)

Dyer played really well again too I think. Been so impressed by his performances this season. I've always been a Dyer fan, but thought for a promotion-winning team his role would be as a squad player and impact off the bench. But he's in such good form at the minute, a constant threat. Dyer playing at his best must be so tough to play against!

I agree, I've never really understood the anti-Dyer camp. He's a very decent asset at this level. Ok his final ball may sometimes be off but for a Championship side he's definitely a very good weapon.

I'm like the rest of us and agree the final scoreline certainly flattered us. Nugent's finishing this season though has been in a different class. He's on fire and really relieved the pressure on us towards the end with his two goals. I've been a critic of Waghorn but he's playing with confidence now and certainly worth his place. Vardy was a little disappointing for me. Did well for Waghorn's goal but didn't do too much else apart from some poor final balls when we were breaking.

Matty James looked very decent when he came on and hopefully he'll start making more of an impact on the team.

Konchesky was poor at times. Almost gifted them a goal with his non existent pass back and I don't know how he didn't get a foul against him when he took out Tyson at the end. If it had been given some refs may have given a red too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669