Post Match Leicester 4 Derby 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waghorn looks a different player at the minute, probably some of the best I've seen him play for us in the last few games, impressive stuff from him. I was praying for the substitutions as we clearly needed to freshen things up as we rode our luck a bit at 2-1. We bought on two great players and they both combined to restore the two goal lead and that knocked the fight out of Derby. I think we certainly miss Nugent when he's not playing. Vardy works hard and is quick and does come up with some nice touches from time to time but I'm still not convinced by him at the moment. Perhaps he still needs some time to adjust to the higher level but there was a great chance 1 on 1 with the keeper that he spurned that you felt sure Nugent would have put away.

It was a funny old game and the result was a bit harsh on Derby. When they got themselves sorted out after about half an hour of taking a battering from us, they actually looked a decent side. Played some nice passing football but perhaps just lack that bit of quality in the final third that the top sides in the division have. From our point of view it's nice to see that we have that ability to kill teams off even if we're not at our best in a match and under the cosh a bit.

Great stuff. Brilliant first 25 mins and we'd have been out of sight if it wasn't for some good saves from their keeper.

They came back into way too much after that - although I don't think we were actually playing that badly in that time as such. 3rd goal was a relief.

4-1 probably flatters us a bit but very happy with the result! :)
This. Just got back and Graz said it all for me!

We started like a house on fire, really impressed with how quickly we came out the blocks in the two TV games (Forest & Derby), think possibly we learnt a little bit from last time how to cling on and dig deep when we're up against it.

Derby had their moments, they just never looked like they quite had enough quality to put us to the sword and so it proved. I found the constant wanking over the lad Hughes on commentary a bit disturbing mind. He's ok he played well, he'll be a solid Premiership player in years to come, yet at one point it was mentioned that Barcelona had tabs on him which I found rather laughable.

Take a minute to credit Mr Pearson, definitely needed a change and timed it to perfection. I was surprised to see the back of Dyer, I felt Knockaert as opposed to Dyer had ran out of steam a little bit, but that's why I'm not the manager. Nugent and Marshall both contributed massively to the comfortable end we enjoyed. The awareness of Drinkwater for Nuge's second goal, I thought was brilliant, just to drop it off to the side for Nugent to smash home was just a fantastic bit of play.

Impressed with the lads, Morgan again was a rock at the back and the depth looks good throughout the squad, onwards and upwards!

Would I be odd if I said that I didn't enjoy that. For me, we went 2-0 up and then just stood off them. Whilst I accept they look a good team and the young lad Hughes looks class, we made it so easy for them. We are a very good side when we play with tempo. If I were a Derby fan, I'd feel unfortunate.

You didn't need the rest of this post, just that last bit! :icon_bigg

Nugent got 11 in 18 in the league now.

I thought Yakubu was good but Nugent is currently in better form than Yakubu was for us in that time and his all round game is better too! Think he must be out best striker since that awesome Ferdinand-Dickov partnership we had last time we were in the Prem.

Waghorn and Dyer are both playing the best football they've ever played for us (and probably anyone else) this season. Great stuff!

Last edited:
First twenty minutes was the best we have played in years. Stunning stuff

Seemed to stop playing, and they came back into it really well. Pearson won us the game with the tactical switch and subs. Without that I actually think we might have lost, let alone draw.

Waghorn and Morgan outstanding. An unfit Nugent ten squillion per cent better than Vardy. We desperately need him to stay fit

good day at the office Mr PearSoNN. Onwards and upwards

We started like a house on fire, really impressed with how quickly we came out the blocks in the two TV games (Forest & Derby), think possibly we learnt a little bit from last time how to cling on and dig deep when we're up against it.

Derby had their moments, they just never looked like they quite had enough quality to put us to the sword and so it proved. I found the constant wanking over the lad Hughes on commentary a bit disturbing mind. He's ok he played well, he'll be a solid Premiership player in years to come, yet at one point it was mentioned that Barcelona had tabs on him which I found rather laughable.

Take a minute to credit Mr Pearson, definitely needed a change and timed it to perfection. I was surprised to see the back of Dyer, I felt Knockaert as opposed to Dyer had ran out of steam a little bit, but that's why I'm not the manager. Nugent and Marshall both contributed massively to the comfortable end we enjoyed. The awareness of Drinkwater for Nuge's second goal, I thought was brilliant, just to drop it off to the side for Nugent to smash home was just a fantastic bit of play.

Impressed with the lads, Morgan again was a rock at the back and the depth looks good throughout the squad, onwards and upwards!

Couldn't summarise the game better than this LCFCGW9. Where to start with the praise for individual performances? So pleased for Waghorn, still a young and raw player who has ridden out a difficult period in his career. Had he been 27/8 he might have deserved the criticism he has had from some fans. For me he is showing great character and if only that flying volley had beaten their keeper.
Knockaert - fantastic skill, touch and control, if only he would occasionally play an early ball and do the simple thing.
King - what a credit to the club he is, maturing into a fine midfield player.
We flirted with letting the game slip away in the 15 mins before and after half time and all credit to Derby but Marshall and Nugent coming on was a master stroke from Pearson.
Nugent - just fantastic to come on and turn the game back for us with 2 goals.
After that struggling to pick my current favourite player, but MOM for me was NP.
As for the Sky commentary team, well you really wanted to wank over the lad Hughes and he is a good prospect but we stuffed you as well as Derby in the end.

Strikers need to pull their fingers out. They only scored 3 today...not good enough!

So, 10 goals in the last two home games? Leicester with the best goal difference in the league? Something rather weird is going on.

Couldn't summarise the game better than this LCFCGW9. Where to start with the praise for individual performances? So pleased for Waghorn, still a young and raw player who has ridden out a difficult period in his career. Had he been 27/8 he might have deserved the criticism he has had from some fans. For me he is showing great character and if only that flying volley had beaten their keeper.
Knockaert - fantastic skill, touch and control, if only he would occasionally play an early ball and do the simple thing.
King - what a credit to the club he is, maturing into a fine midfield player.
We flirted with letting the game slip away in the 15 mins before and after half time and all credit to Derby but Marshall and Nugent coming on was a master stroke from Pearson.
Nugent - just fantastic to come on and turn the game back for us with 2 goals.
After that struggling to pick my current favourite player, but MOM for me was NP.
As for the Sky commentary team, well you really wanted to wank over the lad Hughes and he is a good prospect but we stuffed you as well as Derby in the end.

I really don't get this Sky/Beagrie persecution complex. Didn't see any bias in this game, nor in any I've ever watched.

I have to say i was impressed by Waghorn, and i hope he is able to keep it up.
I Still feel Vardy is nowhere near good enough though.

Overall i feel a worthy win today, we were the better team where it counted, and i felt we could have stepped it up if we had wanted.

So, 10 goals in the last two home games? Leicester with the best goal difference in the league? Something rather weird is going on.

When i look at any league table i am always drawn to this column rather than the points column, a much more reliable predictor of end of season success (or failure). I agree things are looking very positive.

Really enjoyed that. A classic in terms of taking the lead, not finishing off the game initially, the away team getting back into the game but ending up a comfortable score line.

We played very well. We now need to ensure we 'bear' with our younger players (knocky) and so on as we need to not build them up, but enjoy their youthful enthusiasm and embrace when they get it wrong.

A good day at the office.

I really don't get this Sky/Beagrie persecution complex. Didn't see any bias in this game, nor in any I've ever watched.

Perhaps their is an over sensitivity and i may be prone to it, but for me there was an exaggerated emphasis on the lad Hughes, more than his impact on the game overall warranted. He is undoubtedley a talent and one for the future but for the most part his influence on the game was fleeting and patchy. In contrast there was little mention of the King/Drinkwater partnership which i felt was literally men against boys over the 90 minutes. Am i the only one who felt that the tone of Goodman/Beagrie was more fullsome about Derby's periods of ascendancy. I accept of course that there was praise for us but again the tone was a little grudging.

Perhaps their is an over sensitivity and i may be prone to it, but for me there was an exaggerated emphasis on the lad Hughes, more than his impact on the game overall warranted. He is undoubtedley a talent and one for the future but for the most part his influence on the game was fleeting and patchy. In contrast there was little mention of the King/Drinkwater partnership which i felt was literally men against boys over the 90 minutes. Am i the only one who felt that the tone of Goodman/Beagrie was more fullsome about Derby's periods of ascendancy. I accept of course that there was praise for us but again the tone was a little grudging.

I expect Derby fans would feel the same.

Now Claridge on TFLS. He can **** off.

Got up at 4.30am, tethered the internet from my aging nokia 5800xm, then found a stream. We were already two nil up and looking electric. Then we went to shit and the stream broke. Got it back on and it was 2-1. We still looked shit. Vulnerable and panicky. Then the stream went again in the second half. Got it back on to see it was 3-1 and felt a lot more relaxed as could see Derby equalising. Then thankfully the stream stayed up and saw Nugent's second. Nice. Then went back to bed. Just woken up. Just about deserved all three points but 4-1 says nothing about the game. I'm Joe_Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669