Post Match Leicester 4 Derby 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from my works christmas do only to see we won 4-1. Where's the concistency??? Shambles!! Feck the world!!!! Bring on Dec 21st

Last edited:
At the start of the season I thought that we had a defence that was capable of getting promotion but that we were not creative enough or good enough in their penalty area. In the last couple of home matches we have become much more creative. This is partly due to Dyer playing well and to a less extent Knockaert.

However, the main difference has come from Waghorn. I once compared him to Nicky Adams - courage, energy, selflessness and everything except talent. I have to take back that comment. Waghorn is showing a football ability that I never thought he had.

The problem in the penalty area seems to be solved by Nugent. Sven brought in some duffers but Nugent was a very good signing and free. Vardy is tending to get criticised as is natural with a £1 million striker who is not scoring. The adjustment to the Championship is a huge one and he is on a learning curve. A period on the bench coming on late into the game will do him no harm.

At the start of the season I thought that we had a defence that was capable of getting promotion but that we were not creative enough or good enough in their penalty area. In the last couple of home matches we have become much more creative. This is partly due to Dyer playing well and to a less extent Knockaert.

However, the main difference has come from Waghorn. I once compared him to Nicky Adams - courage, energy, selflessness and everything except talent. I have to take back that comment. Waghorn is showing a football ability that I never thought he had.

The problem in the penalty area seems to be solved by Nugent. Sven brought in some duffers but Nugent was a very good signing and free. Vardy is tending to get criticised as is natural with a £1 million striker who is not scoring. The adjustment to the Championship is a huge one and he is on a learning curve. A period on the bench coming on late into the game will do him no harm.

I definitely think Waghorn is bringing the best out of Nugent. Nugent always had to do the grafting when he played alongside Beckford last season because Beckford is not the grafting type to say the least! Whereas alongside Waghorn you never seem to see Nugent dropping back and working into the channels as much as he did last season, because Waghorn is doing that job and it's given Nugent a hell of a lot more freedom up front to be the central striker and try and find space and score.

Never thought I'd be saying this a couple of months ago, as I've always been one of his biggest critics but regardless of his own lack of goals, Waghorn has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet atm has completely brought a new dimension to the team and Nugent can't stop scoring because of it!

Last edited:
Couldn't summarise the game better than this LCFCGW9.
As for the Sky commentary team, well you really wanted to wank over the lad Hughes and he is a good prospect but we stuffed you as well as Derby in the end.

Again I'm sorry but there was no anti Leicester sentiment by the commentators today.

Again I'm sorry but there was no anti Leicester sentiment by the commentators today.

The Covert Fox hasn't mentioned anti-Leicester commentary, did you mean to quote somebody else?

Manged to watch it all here (9.20 here in the evening - wanted to hear the hunting horn but Sky cut the damn thing off!). I am fortunate as I get a very good reception by direct means - thanks to the wonders of modern technology.
Sat in front of the box and the first beer tasted wonderful - 20 or so minutes of bliss and 2 great goals to boot, as it were. 2nd beer not so good, tasted of Derby! I, like others, was not too perturbed, as I think big Wes is too good for anyone. I thought it was Lloyd Dyer who was flagging a little (again only perception) - and I like him.
A great substitution; Nugent is on fire and Waghorn is a revelation. I remember his first goal (against Swansea I think) and am glad he has managed to work his way back to fitness, form and confidence. MOM for me: Wes.

I don't think there is a bias at Sky, although, like others, I feel that too much was made of Hughes - to the point of being annoying. A bit like Stringer finding one tiny point that interests only himself and then going on about it interminably for 90 mins - God I hate that!
Good win as is any win. 3rd place - but a hard few games in front of us. If we can get to the game with Huddersfeld without too many setbacks I think we'll be OK for the coming year. Oh God the January transfer window - is it timwe to speculate now.
Hi to all from a cold and white Russia.
Btw - DG, lesser not less extent.

For me, Vardy and Waghorn are a bit too similar to play together effectively, but either will provide a great hold up guy next to Nugent. Vardy chased all game yesterday and brought other players into the game, but get obviously lacks confidence in front of goal when he has to think.

Last edited:
Not absolutely sure but i reckon Waghorn has now hit the bar 6 times in 4 games

That was some performance, how did you not score ten...

I really don't get this Sky/Beagrie persecution complex. Didn't see any bias in this game, nor in any I've ever watched.

There have been games where this has really annoyed me and I haven't watched yesterday's back yet. The Newcastle game and Nile Ranger was particularly irking.

Recently I'd agree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673