Leicester 4, Macclesfield 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Desert Fox:

Exactly. The very best teams use zonal marking. Hopefully our defensive duffers can work it out as well!

OK Your smiley did not have tongue in cheek, so who uses zonal marking and wins?

Swansea quite clearly were very solid defensively. Was this down to the players Sousa had at his disposal or was this due to Sousa's coaching? If we have changed to zonal defending it will take time to bed in. I think I would be right in saying most of the top continental teams use this.

We've got two years people !!

I really don't understand what point you are trying to make here Scodgy, what have 'two years' got to do with anything?

Defensively a shambles. Hobbs looks a different player in a very bad way. We do knock it round nicely and at times looked quite slick but nowhere near good enough to give teams 3 goals.

Some of the loons texting RL after the game describing Moreno as a class defender are laughable. He looked like he might be a decent midfielder but never a defender.

Neilson and Gallagher looked good and played well. Not much to choose between the rest.

I wouldn't quite say shambles as per Saturday. Two goals were poor marking and one was a right cock up. I'll disagree with Moreno but agree with Hobbs. Also say Wellens was good too.

Last edited:
Good entertainment, we should have scored double figures.

Very impressed with Moreno, (I know it was only Macclesfield but he looked like he had a touch of class about him) and Neilson had a decent game.

Hobbs was terrible and reminded me of his first few months here when I didn't rate him at all, he looks short of confidence and I hope he gets it back.

I thought Moreno looked unflappable, he didn't put a foot wrong. On the other hand Hobbs pretty much had his worst game for us, bizzare decision to challenge Logan and concede a corner for the first goal, total **** up for the third and he kept giving it away.

Howard, Wellens, Neilson and Moreno stood out. Neilson looks fitter and far more composed these days.

I wouldn't quite say shambles as per Saturday. Two goals were poor marking and one was a right cock up. I'll disagree with Moreno but agree with Hobbs. Also say Wellens was good too.

Agree with Wellens and Howard also has a decent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669