Leicester 4, Macclesfield 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was certainly an interesting game to listen to on the radio. I was a bit worried that Macclesfiled appeared to have five free headers from the first five corners.

Still 4-3! And Derby Cov, and forest out, makes me happy man.
If we carry on conceding this many goals though, i think the heart attack rate in the city might go up.

2 years- 1 year to effing get it right and another being promotion. Sousa speaks the future!!!

I'm not being obtuse, but I'm sorry I still don't understand the point of your post.

What happens in three years if we're in League 2?
Sousa was just talking a lot of bollocks in that interview, same as any manager making up shit to impress gullible fans with.
We don't just have two years for anything, we have the entire future of the club.

Logan - 5 - made a couple of good saves, and a couple of easy stops, some of the defensive mistakes looked like they could have been solved with a call.
Neilson - 7 - I won't rave too much about Neilson, he was solid which was made to look amazing due to the shambles of the rest of our defence. But he took the goal well, could have got another straight after and put in some good crosses. Definitely our best defender on the night.
Hobbs - 3- What is going on? I.. just... what?! I couldn't believe it was the same player.
Moreno (at CB) - 5, (in MF) - 7 - Ok at CB, better in midfield with a few silky touches. Didn't like the look of his injury though.
Kennedy - 5 - patchy
N'Guessan - 5 - usual Danny, hot and cold. Not sure he did much on the wings but cropped up in the box a lot and could have had a couple of goals.
Oakley - 6 - cautiously optimistic, looked better than most of last season.
Wellens - 7 - good goal, worked hard all game.
Gallagher - 7 - I can't help it, I just like him. Some great passes and movement.
Fryatt - 8 - He could have had about a hat-trick by half-time but even watching him miss I felt encouraged as he looked like he just needed one to go in. And then of course two good goals second half.
Howard - 7 - Totally committed, some great build-up play and an animal first half. All of his shots were more than a bit telegraphed though and he looked knackered by the end.

Subs:
Morrison - 6 - Looked good, hopefully Saturday was a one-off for him.
Campbell - 6 - Lively
Verma - 6 - Solid, won some headers and played a few simple passes well. Not sure how he'd do against stronger opposition or on for longer but didn't look out of his depth for the short time he was on in this game.

Overall, shocking defensively but good in attack. Their 'keeper was terrible and we should have scored at least four more. An entertaining game but we looked like conceding every time they came forward (which luckily wasn't too much). We only started properly passing it about 2nd half after we had the two-goal cushion, Logan smacked it long quite a lot. I wouldn't say we were much more of a passing team than we were last season.

Saturday is going to be very interesting, no way are we keeping a clean sheet.

Last edited:
like I say, these 0-0 draws are ****ing boring

So much for Paulo Sousa being a defensive minded manager who ground out 1-0s.

Glad to see Matty back on the score-sheet too.

I'm not being obtuse, but I'm sorry I still don't understand the point of your post.

What happens in three years if we're in League 2?
Sousa was just talking a lot of bollocks in that interview, same as any manager making up shit to impress gullible fans with.
We don't just have two years for anything, we have the entire future of the club.

My favourite football writer would have agreed with you.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur: Why so can I. So can any man but will they come when you call them.
Henry IV Part 1

Macky has correctly translated this as "making up shit to impress gullible fans" and perhaps to keep his job if it all goes wrong this season.

My favourite football writer would have agreed with you.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur: Why so can I. So can any man but will they come when you call them.
Henry IV Part 1

Macky has correctly translated this as "making up shit to impress gullible fans" and perhaps to keep his job if it all goes wrong this season.

Shakespeare? On Talking Balls?

I am in utter shock about this game for two reasons: 1, I still can't believe Neilson has scored and hit the post! 2, I don't know how we could let 3 in against Macclesfield! This defense needs to be sorted out fast, we've conceded 6 goas in games last season that we kept a clean sheet!

was Moreno injured or taken off as precaution?, where was Crnic?, Lamey and Vitor playing for ressies tonight

Defence is a worry at the moment. Hobbs and Morrison both look so uncomfortable, Moreno looked decent and pacey at the back but we were beaten in the air far to much from set pieces and this isn't good enough. Well done to Neilson who in the last two games has been one of our better players. Kennedy looked a nervous wreck and made a few mistakes, not sure about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669