Leicester 4 Millwall 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy with seeing us score four but I personally thought we should have ran up a cricket score. To top it off, we concede two goals from being lazy at marking.

I wonder whether we are going to be our own worst enemies these five months. We are excellent going forward but lazy and careless defensively.

Hopefully Mee's display was a result of him losing confidence after giving the penalty away.

Should've been at least 4 up at halftime imo.
Ref had a poor game overall but that 5 mins or so where he somehow missed the two blatant penalty appeals in aobut 2 seconds and then up the other end and giving them a second spot kick......:icon_roll:098:

Thankfully though we didn't let their second goal panic us, and we thoroughly deserved all the points.

As for the cheeky little Millwall scamps............you can all **** off with your Taliban and Engerlund chants. Tossers.

Should have been 10-7 to us

Wellens, Abe and King simply outsanding in the middle. Bamba amazing. Dyer and the Yak superb. Really should have scored at least twice as many as we did - we look incredible going forward

But feck me, what a shambles at the back. Mee abosutely awful - piss poor in the air and as hopeless a defender positionally I think I've ever seen. Shocking in every way. Unfortunately he was on the same side as Berner, who was also dreadful. Together they are a walking disaster area, and cannot be paired together again under any circumstances

And as for the ref - dear Baby Jebus where do they find these people. We had a clear pen when Dyer went down, and another pen two seconds later when their player handballed it. How could he miss both of them FFS??? Their second pen was a clear dive, which he was in a decent position to see. Didn't have a clear view of the sending off, but didn't look that bad to me. Overall he was hopeless

but 4 points off the play offs - onwards and upwards :038:

Wellens, Abe and King simply outsanding in the middle. Bamba amazing. Dyer and the Yak superb. Really should have scored at least twice as many as we did - we look incredible going forward

But feck me, what a shambles at the back. Mee abosutely awful - piss poor in the air and as hopeless a defender positionally I think I've ever seen. Shocking in every way. Unfortunately he was on the same side as Berner, who was also dreadful. Together they are a walking disaster area, and cannot be paired together again under any circumstances

And as for the ref - dear Baby Jebus where do they find these people. We had a clear pen when Dyer went down, and another pen two seconds later when their player handballed it. How could he miss both of them FFS??? Their second pen was a clear dive, which he was in a decent position to see. Didn't have a clear view of the sending off, but didn't look that bad to me. Overall he was hopeless

I only saw it on t'internet, but it looked like a red card to me.

Entertaining afternoon. Hopeless ref. Wellens and Bamba magnificent. Mee stinky. Getting better at retaining possession. Millwall shat themselves at times. Yakubu class act.

Hard to see anyone beating us at home again this season. If we can continue the improvement away from home, we'll be there or thereabouts.

And pleased to see King playing slightly deeper again. Although still to advanced for my liking.

Vassell looked well off the pace today. Like his early games. Maybe because he was wide. Maybe because he's not 100%.

It's a tad foolish of Waggy to want out of the club in my opinion. But if that's his view, let him go.

Awesome - continues the unbeaten run in 2011 and sets us on to next week and the search for three more points. Only 8 points of automatic spots - so a 6-7 game unbeaten/winning streak would see us sitting pretty.
Defensively still looking for the right mix i think and Abe for me is too often in an about free kicks/penalties/soft goals as people break into the box.

I think the speculation about Zokora and the potential that Curtis Davies will still be available towards the end of the window would sort out our two most pressing problems there. Davies and Bamba at centre half with Zokora shielding would give us a really strong platform to have a very strong last 18 games.....
So what do you propose that we do with Yuki Abe, who will deservedly be in the running for player of the season to date? The one place on the pitch that we need to keep the same is the midfield three. We perhaps need cover for Wellens, Abe and King but we certainly shouldn't be looking to replace them just yet.

Berner dreadful,the Berner i saw was making good runs down the left and linking up well with midfield,some of his crosses went astray other than he had a decent game.

What a great result, Yak and Bamba look a great piece of business and we are edging closer to the play off positions. Could be an interetsing week of in's and out's transfer w**e.

Really enjoyed that game. We were absolutely taking the piss last 20 minutes minutes, passing rings round them. Great to see.

What a fab game it had it all some good some bad some brilliant, and what a great atmosphere as well this afternoon so well done to us the crowd too !
only downpoint is people were moaning round me that at 3-1 up at the end of the first half when we were keeping posession that we weren't going forward :bang::bang:
personally i'm loving this new style of football, its great to watch and the players seem to enjoy playing this way, so what if we let in a few goals here and there going forward today we were immense :038:

well done svenster you've got us playing like champs :038:

I swear most Leicester folk would rather someone shoot from 40 yards than keep the ball and wait for an opening.

That really gets my blood boiling...... possession of the ball also builds confidence and frustrates the other team. Why can no one see that? I suppose because it is a European type of play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566