Post Match Leicester 4 Sunderland 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent all round display. Scored 4 and missed enough chances to have scored 4 more. Defence went to sleep a couple of times and needs a little tinkering. Was surprised to see us set up as 4 4 2, and also that De Lat was in there, but hey what do I know ! The passing and movement was very good and 4 - 2 flatters the Mackems. They look a sorry bunch and are in for a hard season . A special mention for Okasaki who seemed to be involved in everything.
Sunshine, great atmosphere, 3 points and top of the table. Lovely !

Looks like Cambiasso was holding us back all the time

I was surprised at the team selection expecting either Marcin or Fuchs rather than De Laet and Leonardo rather than Shinji. Somebody said that Ulloa was not fit but he was on the bench.

Those players not involved signed autographs on the way to their seats. One youngster even got Wasilewski's autograph. I was reminded of Roy Keane's quote about Barbara Clough "She'd got more balls than me."

Birch came out with still not a grey hair in sight. At his age I can only think that this is the result of virtuous living. There can be no other solution.

Claudio was warmly greeted. He smiled a lot for the fans and the press . For the next ninety plus minutes that would be the only time he would smile except for our goals. For this match only I will compare Claudio with Nigel. At 0-0 or when we were winning Nigel was often relaxed chatting amicably with the bench or even the other manager. Claudio was always serious and often irritated.

Kevin Phillips job is to work the communication with Steve Walsh whose views get then passed to the manager. This did not seem to be happening and at one point Claudio went over to Phillips clearly irritated over something. I hope Steve Walsh was not being blamed since my theory is that Keven had forgotten to switch the machine on.

Craig Shakespeare went over at the start to do his usual touchline job and was promptly sent back. Claudio clearly feels that is his job and he looked very impressive directing tactics making me think of Great Caesar.

Great Caesar directs his players by gestures rather than shouting. He also seemed more tolerant of refereeing mistakes. Unlike Nigel he does not have an intimate knowledge of the sexual habits of linesmen.

The match could have gone very differently but for superb goalkeeping by Kasper early on. Vardy's goal; was excellent and Sunderland were quite unable to cope with him. I thought Mahrez was even better and was my man of the match. I was not as impressed by Shinji as other posters. He did some good things outside the penalty area but the most important thing a striker does is strike and he should have had at least one and maybe two goals. I would praise Albrighton. He is not as gifted as Mahrez but was very effective.

Leicester were superb in the first half but their star men - Vardy and Mahrez - ran out of steam in the second half and were rightly substituted. The three new players were not on the pitch long enough to judge except that I think Kante is about twelve.

The final whistle blows. The fans are happy .We have won, the irritation is ended and finally Great Caesar can smile again.

The more times I have looked at Vardy's goal the more convinced I become that it was sublime finish absolute top draw. He was outside the six yard box, on the left side of goal and managed to place it in the right hand side, not by power he guided into the net super stuff.

This should calm down any jangling nerves.

Team looks well prepared for the season and hopefully will cause problems for most opponents especially at the KP.

Marcin was having a fitness test (along with Liam Moore) when I got in at quarter to two.

It wasn't a fitness test, SF - squad members not involved in the match day 18 often do a session around 1.30 ish. Simpson was another doing the same.

Rarely before have I seen at this level such an inept central defensive display than Coates and Kaboul yesterday - however, our attacking play must take some of the credit as, at times, we were seriously threatening and would have troubled better pairings.

Encouraging start though, especially as when I first saw the team sheet, I must admit to being unconvinced.

Am I the only one who was uneasy with the chants of Pedo towards Johnson? Seems to minimise a situation that has a victim to me. Maybe oversensitive.

Am I the only one who was uneasy with the chants of Pedo towards Johnson? Seems to minimise a situation that has a victim to me. Maybe oversensitive.
I can see why that might make you uneasy, but it will always happen when the opposition fields a player who (allegedly) has sex with children.

Well. 4 goals scored.

I was not expecting that. As we went three up I was jumping around in disbelief as well as joy (similar to when news of England vs Australia started coming through a few days earlier). It was handy that we were playing a team that couldn't defend - it helped our players carry on with the same positive morale as we ended the last season.

I expect Mr. Cloudy O'Ranieri to be trying to have a
primarily solid defence and hearing what he said on MOTD, I'm sure that he'll be working on it but it's great to have the attacking midfield/forwards we have. Long may it continue.

If we can win the next 14 or 15 games we stand a good chance of staying in the Prem.

If we can win the next 14 or 15 games we stand a good chance of staying in the Prem.
You reckon? I'd have thought if we win our first 16 games we stand a good chance of winning the Prem title, not just staying in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669